1 tbl spoon ketchup

1 tbl spoon yellow mustard (From a squeeze bottle) not dried or powdered

15 slices of American cheese

4 cups cheddar cheese (grated)

salt and pepper (to your taste)

Bring 1 gallon of water to a boil in large pot

cut 1 pound of beef hot dogs into 3/8" slices

fry in frying pan until browned.

While browning the dogs in separate frying pan add 3 tbl spoons of butter and melt add 3 tbl spoons of flour and fry for about 1-1 1/2 minutes to get the flour/paste taste out add 3 cups of milk and simmer until it begins to thicken.

add 1 box of elbow macaroni to the boiling water for 6 -to 7 minutes.

next add American cheese to the rue from above. (since American cheese comes in sliced in 3" X 3" I add about 1" height about 15 pieces) and melt into the rue next I add 1 tbl spoon of ketchup and 1 tbl spoon of yellow mustard and mix in well. Next add 3 cups of grated cheddar cheese to the rue/sauce add salt and pepper to taste. add drained/fried hot dogs to the mix and stir to mix well

Drain macaroni well and put it back into the dry and empty hot pot you just boiled it in. add cheese sauce and stir well to mix the cheese and dogs with the macaroni. Plate it now (will fill a long casserole dish) sprinkle the remanding 1 cup of cheddar cheese on top. wait 5 minutes and serve.

I go the easy way- here's my recipe:

Slice up one or two hot dogs per person and brown them real good (the hot dogs are the best part).

Prepare one box of good old Kraft Macaroni and Cheese for every two people in your party (so for four people make two boxes).

After the macaroni and cheese is ready, stir in the browned hot dogs and serve.

Bam!

Mine isn't as fancy as Jeff's but it's a heck of a lot easier.

And my kids prefer it.

TCD

My recipe is the last four or five lines in my post.

I told you it was easy.

TCD

Thank you for combining mine and my DD's two favorite foods. We eat lots of hot dogs and Mac n cheese but never thought of mixing them together. I love fried bologna and i think fried hot dogs would taste just as good. I can't wait to try your recipe tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think

Thank you for combining mine and my DD's two favorite foods. We eat lots of hot dogs and Mac n cheese but never thought of mixing them together. I love fried bologna and i think fried hot dogs would taste just as good. I can't wait to try your recipe tomorrow. I'll let you know what I think

Please report back- the fried hot dogs are the best part- so you and your DD are going to love it.

You know what? My girls have never had a fried bolgna sandwich. I need to fix that. Someone please give me some pointers on how to make a good one- what do I need besides bread, bologna and mustard? Do I use white bread? A hamburger bun? Toast the bread? Is a package of the Oscar Meyer bolgna good- or do I want something else?

TCD

• 4 weeks later...

I like to use extra thick sliced bologna slit the meat so it does not curl. When the meat is done I make a grilled cheese on white bread with the fried bologna. It is also great fixed on toast with bacon, lettuce, tomato and fried bologna. Where I come from almost everything is better fried and with bacon.

I have been making mac and cheese by using home made cheese, and guess what it tastes great. My recipe is somewhat different so I would be trying to make the one provided by you. So you prepare cheese at home, people think that its requires much hard work but I have been using cheese making kits to make my work easier. Let me know if you are also interested in making it at home, I will help you with it.

I'd love to hear about making cheese. Why don't you start your own cheese making thread in the shared recipe section?

And I like catsup on my fried bologna.

Thanks

I like to use extra thick sliced bologna slit the meat so it does not curl. When the meat is done I make a grilled cheese on white bread with the fried bologna. It is also great fixed on toast with bacon, lettuce, tomato and fried bologna. Where I come from almost everything is better fried and with bacon.

I use the extra thick bologna also. I use my BACON press to keep it from bubbling.

Fried Bologna on a BLT. I think you are my new hero!

Fried bologna sounds similar to fried Taylor Ham, which is a regional thing in NJ.

Of course, they also have the really good sloppy joes, which have no ground beef or tomato sauce. A NJ sloppy joe is ham, roast beef, turkey, and swiss cheese with russian dressing on thinnly sliced buttered rye bread. Makes me hungry just to hink about it.

What were we talking about? Oh yes, mac and cheese. For my dd's birthyday one year, we made mac and cheese. We layered it with cut up hot dogs in a can with both ends cut off. Then we put the can in a bowl of tomato soup and slid the can off. DD loved it!

Of course, they also have the really good sloppy joes, which have no ground beef or tomato sauce. A NJ sloppy joe is ham, roast beef, turkey, and swiss cheese with russian dressing on thinnly sliced buttered rye bread. Makes me hungry just to hink about it.

I have never heard of this!!

Now this sounds like a Sloppy Joe that my tomato hating child would enjoy!

When we fry bologna we put three cuts into each slice from the edge towards the middle. Otherwise it balloons in the middle and doesn't get an even crisp for us.

We do that too....3 small cuts along the edges and a cross cut in the middle. We love ours REALLY crispy. Now I want a fried bologny sandwich!

Now that sounds good!