http://disneyparks.d...open-next-year/ From the Disney park BLOG

As we announced earlier this year, six Starbucks locations are planned at Disney Parks in Florida and California. In June, the first Starbucks location opened at Disney California Adventure park in the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café and is already a guest favorite.

sbx921288SMALL.jpg

Today, we’re excited to share that the first two Walt Disney World Resort locations will open next year, one at Magic Kingdom Park and one at Epcot.

At Magic Kingdom Park, Main Street Bakery will close for refurbishment in January 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in early summer. At Epcot, Fountain View will close in March 2013 and reopen as a Starbucks location in midsummer.

Both locations will be designed to fit the theme of their surroundings. At Magic Kingdom Park, for example, cast members will wear a costume consistent with the early 20th century look and feel of Main Street, U.S.A. At Future World in Epcot, the new Starbucks location and cast member costumes will be designed to match the park’s futuristic theme.

The Starbucks locations at Magic Kingdom Park and Epcot will both offer the full complement of Starbucks® signature beverages, artisan breakfast sandwiches and a wide selection of baked goods, including muffins, scones and specialty treats.

More Starbucks locations are coming to Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland park soon. We’ll be sure to keep you posted!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

flwildernessguy i'm with you I don't like Starbuks ether. If I want burn coffee i'll leave the pot on the burner a lot longer for $5 for a 5 pound bag and not a $6 cup of coffee

I'm with FWG... Iam not a fan of Bigbucks Coffee Sucks.... I do however find that the Kona Coffee available at the Poly is one of my favorites while at the World... I have even purchased the Kon

Find a way to add caffeine to this and coffee would be a thing of the past.

Starbuck's coffee is preferable to any coffee Disney makes. The bakery is no loss. Since they contracted with Aramark some years ago, and did away with the actual baking for Main Street Bakery, the baked goods were no better than what you get at 7-11. And I can't tell you the last time I went into Fountain View.

I must be the only one who doesn't like Starbucks. Really, it tastes like they burned the beans. You have to pollute the stuff with large amounts of cream and flavorings in order to be able to drink it. My fear is that my favorite place for coffee at the Studios, the Writers Stop, will fall to Bucky's. They served a good coffee, drinkable black, and the famous carrot cake cookie. Starbuck's - overpriced and over roasted beans, from a company that rides on hype and has developed their brand through cultural intimidation. It is, however, a brilliant marketing strategy which blends well with Disney.

So these will be employees of Starbucks, not Disney. Will they still have to conform to Disney standards? [no visible tattoos, etc?]

How many other outside employees is there at Disney?

There are lots

Rainforest Cafe

TRex

Lego Store

House of Blues

Fultons

Bongos

Wofgang Puck

Planet Hollywood

Maybe;

Portobello

Mitsokishi store at Epcot

Tepan Edo

Tokyo Dining

I am not sure how I feel about this. On one hand, I have to agree with Ftwildernessguy. Starbucks coffee tastes burnt to me. Yuck. And Starbucks at disney just feels wrong. Aren't there enough of those in the real world? On the other hand, I am completely and totally addicted to starbuck's chi tea lattes. So I guess I will have to budget extra $ for drinks on our next trip. <_<

So these will be employees of Starbucks, not Disney. Will they still have to conform to Disney standards? [no visible tattoos, etc?]

How many other outside employees is there at Disney?

I'm not sure they won't be Disney cast members. Starbuck's is probably paying Disney a hefty price for such visibility - yet Disney holds all the cards. You just can't get better advertising than this and it includes an international audience. Disney has ALWAYS gotten big business to pay for (or in today's world partner with) attractions. Have none of you ever seen the term "Sponsored by" at the various attractions? Walt was the inventor of getting others to pay for his dreams. Brilliant, if you ask me!

I'm not sure they won't be Disney cast members. Starbuck's is probably paying Disney a hefty price for such visibility - yet Disney holds all the cards. You just can't get better advertising than this and it includes an international audience. Disney has ALWAYS gotten big business to pay for (or in today's world partner with) attractions. Have none of you ever seen the term "Sponsored by" at the various attractions? Walt was the inventor of getting others to pay for his dreams. Brilliant, if you ask me!

They might be, but there are lots of cast that don't directly work for the Mouse.