First of all: -gif.gif

What part of OHIO?

I don't think those converters are available for purchase, at least on the open market, since they are used by cable companies. I referenced them so people would know that the one they bought when the over the air switch was made won't work.

Anderson Township near Cincinnati. We may be neighbors.

Based on a lot of searching it appears you are right. No converters turned up for sale. We will be back in January and maybe Disney will have more converters available by then.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This seems like the management is reading these boards and listening. It went from owners of analog TVs are just SOL to they offer them something at least.

Just got back to my camper and a note was at my site. "Guests with analog TVs should now be able to view 12 select channels by hooking up to the cable connection at their campsite".

It goes on to say if you want all the channels to come to the front desk for a converter.

Time to move on, folks. Life is kinetic. You either change with it or you wither and die. Get rid of those antique analog TV's and stimulate the economy a little by purchasing a nice, flat screen, high def digital TV.

Now I am totally confused. We will be arriving Sunday. We swapped out our older analog TVs for the newer digital. Will we still have a problem getting cable in the Fort. After all, I will be paying for a premium site which includes cable. I just want to be prepared, cause I have to have my Disney Channels!

Both of our TV's were purchased within the last two years. Granted, I had to pull out instructions, but all I had to do was a rescan of channels in digital. Something you may want to read up on before you go so you don't waste valuable Fort time. :)

Now I am totally confused. We will be arriving Sunday. We swapped out our older analog TVs for the newer digital. Will we still have a problem getting cable in the Fort. After all, I will be paying for a premium site which includes cable. I just want to be prepared, cause I have to have my Disney Channels!

I have no clue on the actual cables and splitters issue. Worst case scenario if the wiring inside your camper is too old, run a temporary new coax through the window. I had my permanent cable connection put in AFTER I got my digital TV, so I have the new stuff. I also bought a 50 ft high end coax to run to the cable connection or my antenna.

As promised, the full text of the note:Di

December 2012

"Dear Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground Guest.

Thank you for choosing the Walt Disney World Resort as your vacation destination!

We have recently upgraded to Digital TV. In an effort to serve all of our Campground Guests, a select number of analog channels will still be offered through our new system.

Guests with analog TV's should now be able to view 12 select channels by hooking up to the cable connection at their campsite.

Should you prefer to access all 77 digital channels using an analog TV, please stop by the Fort Wilderness Front Desk to pick up a digital converter box.

Sincerely,

The Cast of Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Have a wall plate that looks like this 4101T41VGGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg in an older camper? It won't work with the digital cable at WDW - that is/was my problem.

You can order a digital version from Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Winegard-RV-7042-White-Plate-Supply/dp/B000GGL4CG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354809056&sr=8-1&keywords=rv-7012 and it will solve part of your problem. Your next issue is getting a Digital TV that will fit where your Analog TV is :banghead:

When they switched in November, they did not let any of us know who were already here.Coincidentaly, the cable in part of our loop went out when the change over occurred. They were working on it to about midnight. Asked one the managers that was hanging around what the problem was. He told they were having problems with some equipment and connections some contractor Disney used. My internet was also down (I have one of their modems).Since I also have satelite, I did not worry about it for now. About 3 days later, still no TV bit finally got internet back. Drove up to front desk and asked them when the cable would be back, then I was informed they had gone digital (gee thanks). About 1 week later, the left a note on my door that they had gone digital.

Wow. First post and already I have made a fool of myself! Admin please remove duplicate post. I don't see how to delete it myself. Thanks

Don't let it worry you none, neighbor. If you're like the regulars here.....it'll happen DAILY! :hah: Oh and :insanity:

• 1 month later...

Ed said "Have a wall plate that looks like this [in an older camper? It won't work with the digital cable at WDW - that is/was my problem."

My plate comes with the antenna system and is by Jack not Winegard. I think it and a three way splitter may be at fault for little digital reception. Does anyone know what the Fort cable system needs as far as GHz or what this recommended plate passes?

I have a 2013 motorhome and get poor reception unless the TV is connected directly to the post. I got good digital reception in Nov 2012 in the 1400 loop. Now in the 400 loop I get 3 digital channels and 12 analog which are very fuzzy. I started another thread before I discovered this one - sorry.

Art Adkins

Hello RRArtie, I'm also a fairly recent Fiend, but I welcome you to the forum. Your problem sounds like it might be in the cable circuit in that particular loop. If you have checked your connections on your feeder coax to the output on the pedestal and found it to be alright, I would see if anyone else on that loop is having trouble, and it could be that your particular site has a problem. It's unlikely that you wouldn't get good reception there if you previously had good reception back in November on another loop. If you have a long enough coax, you could try and see if you could get your next door neighbor on that loop to let you plug in to their pedestal in order to check your equipment.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around about the difference in digital and analog service, and I will attempt to shed some light on that in the below remarks.

If your present wiring and wall plate, with amplified antenna, was working normally with analog TV, it should work okay with digital. The difference between analog and digital TV is one of the most misunderstood subjects that has appeared on the scene in a long time. The only reason I mention amplified antenna is that, with digital TV it is a bit harder to get a workable signal. Actually, within a strong signal area a non-amplified antenna should also work fairly well. There should be no real reason to change the wall plate out on an amplified antenna, to receive digital OTA or cable unless there were other extinuating circumstances as mentioned below.

If anyone had an amplified antenna that had previously been receiving analog channels with good results, and had also been operating normally on cable hookups, there would be no reason to change out the wallplate unless there was some other problem such as the wallplate being defective, or problems in the cable connectors or other wiring. Having said that, there are components in older campers that might require upgrading in order to receive the best quality signal. This is mainly related to any splitters that might be present in a given system. Some older splitters were only designed to pass frequencies from 5 to 600 Mhz. Some really older ones also had a cut off at about 50 Mhz on the low end. In a weak signal area, these splitters might cause weak reception and inconsistent signal strength. It is recommended that a splitter should have a frequency range of at leat 5 to 900 Mhz, and some recommedations would up the high end to 1 Ghz, although I have never seen a problem caused by the 900 Mhz version. I do not recommend cheap splitters, there can be a difference in the quality, so stick with Channel Master, monster, or some other quality brand. High bandwidth means that the splitter can pass signals that are data dense, including high definition and broadband internet. In the case of splitting cable off to run to an internet modem it might be advisable to use the highest rated splitter available up to 2 Ghz, just to be on the safe side. Keep in mind that a connection going to a modem should be on the first splitter on the system.

If you also use satellite with your camper, and the coaxial wiring inside your unit is not wired for satellite, you might want to think about using the Channel Master wallplate #7542 which has a bypass for the satellite signal.

If you have any further questions, I'll be happy to discuss this further with you. In the meantime, I wish you happy camping.

Ray

Very confusing. We are making our first trip to the Fort next Spring Break. We have a 2013 camper. There is a cable jack connection in a storage compartment outside. There is also a plate inside where I need to push a little button turn off the antennae amplifier if on cable. And there are two TV's that I would assume are digital since the camper is all of 6 months old. If I take a normal coax cable, hook it to the cable jack connection, push the little button, set the TV to cable vs air, shouldn't the channels come in?

It all depends on the quality of the cable connections and coax inside your trailer. One thing you can do is buy a good quality coax that goes from the campground source to your trailer.

When I got my digital TV and wired the trailer, I was still using older coax, and the signal wasn't all that good, I was advised to get some good quality coax, and I've always had good signal ever since.

Very confusing. We are making our first trip to the Fort next Spring Break. We have a 2013 camper. There is a cable jack connection in a storage compartment outside. There is also a plate inside where I need to push a little button turn off the antennae amplifier if on cable. And there are two TV's that I would assume are digital since the camper is all of 6 months old. If I take a normal coax cable, hook it to the cable jack connection, push the little button, set the TV to cable vs air, shouldn't the channels come in?

With a 2013 camper it must have flat screen TV's and I'm sure that they are digital. What Carol said above is very true--you probably have good cable inside your camper, but you must furnish the cable from the outside camper connection to the park pedestal. You should use RG-6 cable and normally a 25' or 50' length is sufficient. For cable input the power button on the plate inside the camper should be set to OFF (light on plate should go off) and then, with your TV's set for CABLE on the menu, you can do a scan, or automatic channel search on the sets and you should get the channels.