First Christmas Trip to Disney for the Buckeye Fort Family

December 28, 2012

It's Friday morning and it's an early MK day for us.

It's dark. We brought the boat over. Our friends are feeling like old pro's now and none of us are paying attention to the show. We are chatting about our day and what's happening at home as we hear the occassional familiar phrase.

Step inside our storybook and imagine what's in store....

We're not taking pictures or trying to explain to our friends what is going to happen when the rope drops (Yes Lou.... I said when the rope drops because remember there is a small white cord that holds the throngs back at the MK).

Magic wrapped up in pixie dust...

The kids aren't even paying attention. They are playing and goofing off. Someone says oh good their gonna sing our song soon (Casey Jr.) which starts them on a who is gonna do the train wheels move with who discussion.

The most magical place on earth is here...

"Hello Everyone and welcome to the most magical place on earth The Magic Kingdom"

Wait that voice is familiar but it's not the Mayor or the Fire Chief. Who is it? ???

Allow me to introduce myself My name is Dewey Cheatem I am the town councilman here on Main Street USA

NO WAY!!!

12-28-12280.jpg

I look at BuckeyeFortFan and he says quick get a picture that's SIX BITS. At least who we know and love as Six Bits. We miss him very much at the HDDR, but I guess he has been re-assigned.

This was the best picture I could get with my old camera in this low pre-dawn light.

12-28-12281.jpg

But it's him! That was a fun moment.

So this morning, we have our 4 girls in princess costumes again. We haven't dressed up outside of our Halloween trips to MNSSHP for at least year if not more. But our friends little girls wanted to dress up for our Cinderella lunch and our girls were excited to join them. So, why not let them wear them just one more time. Our 9 yr old is soon going to be too old to dress up.

She already gets very annoyed that people are calling her Alice in her blue dress and apron. She is quite outspoken on the issue to anyone who missteps in her presence (which is another clue that she is a princess and not a curious little girl).

Here's some visual evidence to back her point up.

Here's an old picture of my girls meeting Alice.

DisneyMarch2011123.jpg

Alice has a full apron on a blue short sleeved dress with a white eyelet collar.

Belle has a white shirt with a blue jumper and half white apron, as you can clearly see from this old picture of the girls meeting her.

Belle.jpg

And here is our Belle

12-28-12288.jpg

Well, right before we walk into the Magic Kingdom, our Belle for the day insists on a bathroom stop. What is wrong with this girl. She's a member of the BuckeyeFortFamily. She knows you do your business before we leave because once that park opens we are on the move for at least the first 20-30 minutes then we can do a bathroom break.

But, oh well, what are you gonna do. So her Papa (that's what Belle calls her Dad) takes her to the bathroom there next to the Firestation and we head into tomorrowland without them. When Belle and Papa leave the restrooms they run into none other than Dewey Cheatem (and the FortFan without a camera). This just sucks for 2 reasons.

1) It's Six Bits and it would have been a great photo op

2) Dewey Cheatem said those fateful words to our princess

Yes, he made the mistake of calling her Alice.

She told him what for and he looked at my husband and mouthed "ouch."

Yeah, you better know your Disney stuff around my brood. What can I say.

I wish I could have seen it.

In the next installment we'll catch up with the whole gang in tomorrowland. This day is full of surprises, both good and bad. It was an infamous day in our trip.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Right time to use them when you've got an ECV that is too heavy to lift in and out of the truck 4-6 times a day. And ANY time I'm going to Epcot cause they serve the Orange Slushies and Peach Snap! ye

Heck yeah, you can come along! Just don't wear any NASCAR stuff. We like to give the illusion that we have some class.

:rofl2: Forget it, I'm out!

Your Buckeyes beat Michigan today. Congrats. Maybe Michigan can return the favor in Ann Arbor. Only time will tell.

I'm not much of a basketball fan, but honestly I caught that locker room speech by one of the Michigan coaches this afternoon.

Really? "my ticket says nutcracker"? I can understand why Michigan lost if that's the best your coaches can come up with to pump their team up. The team was even like "dude that lame" when stood up to walk onto the court.

I'm not much a basketball fan, but honestly I caught that locker room speech by one of the Michigan coaches this afternoon.

Really? "my ticket says nutcracker"? I can understand why Michigan lost if that's the best your coaches can come up with to pump their team up. The team was even like "dude that lame" when stood up to walk onto the court.

The one coach always tells a dumb thing like that just to loosen them up a bit before the head coach speaks. It has become a routine now. He says something dorky just to get a rise out of them. wouldnt be my way but if it works for them so be it. I can see how it would look if you have never seen the routine before though!

The one coach always tells a dumb thing like that just to loosen them up a bit before the head coach speaks. It has become a routine now. He says something dorky just to get a rise out of them. wouldnt be my way but if it works for them so be it. I can see how it would look if you have never seen the routine before though!

Thank you for the clarification. I would hate to think that was on purpose and the best they could do. I am not quite as cut throat over the rivalry as some (like my husband). For the most part I am happy to have such a strong rival because the games are so good to watch. I must say though, we lived in Michigan for a few years for work. That was a tough! You know surrounded by the enemy!

Peach Snap. I believe it is available in the China Pavilion. It contains Peach Schnapps and other yummy stuff in slushy form.

Let me see if I can find a review.

I don't like Grand Marnier, but I love the slush. I like Peach Schnapps. I have to try this out. Next trip is in how many days? ??? Where's my calendar???

I think we need a Slushies Around the World page.

:SmileyMargarita1:

Totally agree.

So the list so far is

Grand Marnier-France

Grey Goose-France

Peach Snap- China

What other ones are there???

I second her request... I missed this beverage...

Hey Big Kahuna, you paying attention?

I'm making a list. Are there any you can add?

Thank you for the clarification. I would hate to think that was on purpose and the best they could do. I am not quite as cut throat over the rivalry as some (like my husband). For the most part I am happy to have such a strong rival because the games are so good to watch. I must say though, we lived in Michigan for a few years for work. That was a tough! You know surrounded by the enemy!

I don't like Grand Marnier, but I love the slush. I like Peach Schnapps. I have to try this out. Next trip is in how many days? ??? Where's my calendar???

Totally agree.

So the list so far is

Grand Marnier-France

Grey Goose-France

Peach Snap- China

What other ones are there???

Hey Big Kahuna, you paying attention?

I'm making a list. Are there any you can add?

Mexico has margaritas...

Morocco has the Sultan Coloda but I'm not sure it is a slushie

Great job! I'm all caught up.

I love your tablecloth idea!

I am an early riser....my family is not. Can I go to the parks with you next time? I doubt you'd even notice me along with your other kids. ^-^

Hmmm.... Belle did a Zsnap on the Council man...

You don't mess with our first born, even if you are famous among the fiends

I really miss Six Bits. And I have little interest at this point in seeing the HDDR with his replacement Dip Shits.

Bits Six isn't too bad. The new Dolly is worth checking out though. She's funny

I would rather not see him either. Good call Dave.

With enough Sangria does it really matter? ???

I got behind on reading your report, but now I'm caught up.

Great job!

Extra points for spotting Six Bits!

Awesome!

I've seen him walking around Main Street, but never at the opening show.

And, I love your tablecloth. I haven't seen that done, but I may use that idea in the future.

TCD

It really is a great way to ensure a sphere of comfort.

You and the girls would be more than welcome to enter the "sphere" and share our tablecloth if that chance meeting ever happened.

Surrounded i understand because i am a bigger irish fan than wolverines fan!

I am sorry for you then, since those Wolverine fans can be so RUDE!

Mexico has margaritas...

Morocco has the Sultan Coloda but I'm not sure it is a slushie

See I knew you were in the know.

Great job! I'm all caught up.

I love your tablecloth idea!

I am an early riser....my family is not. Can I go to the parks with you next time? I doubt you'd even notice me along with your other kids. ^-^

Nevermind that other guy-you're welcome anytime!

I just remembered that I meant to tell you not to worry about not having quarters for the Wreck It Ralph game- it doesn't work.

TCD

Seriously???

That would explain why it was free for my kids to play with. You know if it did work there would be some Disney crazy playing it!!

Grand Marnier-France

Grey Goose-France

Peach Snap- China

Assorted Margaritas - Mexico

Sultan Colada - Morocco

Assorted Daiquiris - Morocco

Italian Margarita - Italy

any others?

I am loving where this is going!!!!

After Belle and the Councilman had their "interaction" on Main Street, the FortFan brought her over to rejoin the group in tomorrowland.

There were a few of our gang that felt like starting the day off with some intense spinning induced nausea so the took the elevator to the Astro Orbiter while the sane part of our group walked on Buzz.

In this picture, the 2yr old is finally brave enough to stand with Zurg for the traditional "I rode Buzz" picture.

12-30-12101.jpg

The wait on Space Mountain was only 10 minutes so the group split again. Mama (the non-rollercoaster rider) took the little kids over to Dumbo to play in the Queue.

When the SM group got over to Dumbo I sent the kids out to ride the Barnstormer and the 2yr old and I rode Dumbo. They were riding BarnStormer again when we got off so we ran back around to ride Dumbo again. The nice cast member working the queue recognized we had just rode on the counter clockwise side and sent us to the clockwise side so we could enjoy both. Nice touch!

Now that we have a few rides under our belt it's time to go stand in the dreaded line for Enchanted Tales with Belle. Our girls remember Story Time with Belle back in the pre-Tangled days and can't wait to do it again. Especially our young Belle who is looking forward to seeing Belle in her village dress like she wore the last time we "did" this.

40 minute wait ALREADY?!?!?!?!

BuckeyeFortFan is not happy, but the girls are desperate to do it. So we wait and try to pass the time between his snarky remarks.

Here's our view as we first enter the cottage.

12-28-12283.jpg

Then as we get further in we can see more of the detail.

12-28-12285.jpg

It's hard to make out but the markings on the wall to the right is Belle's growth chart. It has hash marks to represent how tall she was over the years of her growing up. 18 months to 18 years. Cute touch.

I have Fort kids who think a checkerboard is to play. They hate this one.

12-28-12284.jpg

Everything is glued down. The 2yr old asks me repeatedly to move the books so he can play.

Here's Belle in the only chair in the room without books on it.

12-28-12288.jpg

Sleeping Beauty in French, of course.

12-28-12289.jpg

They finally lead us into another room that is supposed to be Maurice's Workshop. We wait here and the CM talks to us about all the things hanging on the walls and asks the kids some questions about Maurice's inventions. She finally points out the magic mirror on the wall. She tells us it is enchanted so that Maurice can see Belle whenever he wants.

IMG_2601.jpg

I honestly wish I would have taken pictures now, but honestly I was enchanted by what happened next. We said the magic words and the mirrow grew both ways. In fact it kept growing until it was the size of double doors and then the doors opened. We all looked at each other. What just happened? It was cool, but it wasn't 40 minute wait kind of cool. If I had known it was gonna happen I would have taken pictures for all of you.

We passed through the doors into another room with a talking wardrobe and another CM.

IMG_2608.jpg

The CM kept looking to the wardrobe to tell her what to do. She eventually opened the wardrobe and started handing out "parts" to the kids and 2 of the Dad's in the room. Every kid who wanted a part, got one. There were lots of talking pictures.

IMG_2611.jpg

As soon as the parts were handed out we were ushered into another room. Belle came in. The lighting was low so that we could see a moving and talking Luminere (there isn't a french bone in my body-so I have no clue how to spell his name) on the mantle. Belle and Luminere told her story with the help of the "characters." Our 7yr old was the Maurice's horse.

IMG_2621.jpg

At this point it is still cute and we are just settling in for a nice show. She is enjoying it.

IMG_2622.jpg

And even surprised when Luminere speaks to her.

IMG_2623.jpg

But then it gets super rushed. Super quick.

In order for Belle to tell her WHOLE story in the few minutes you are there it takes 2 Castmembers literally pushing the kids around to their "spots."

Here is Mrs. Potts and Chip pouring Belle a cup of tea.

12-28-12298.jpg

Notice the CM's holding the shoulders of the kids acting the part? That's so they can lead them quickly back to their "seats" on the floor and then quickly grab the next kid and push them through their part.

Then they line all the kids up in order of their part in the front right corner of the room and Belle introduces her cast really quickly.

IMG_2639.jpg

She never really acknowledged the kids. They were just pawns, holding cardboard dummies.

IMG_2612.jpg

Then the kids walked to the other front corner of the room and gave their cardboard parts back and lined up again. This time to meet Belle and get their picture taken by the photopass photographer. This went very quickly also.

IMG_2645.jpg

Some kids were put together and some weren't. No rhyme or reason to that. And if you didn't take a part, there was NO meeting Belle.

IMG_2646.jpg

And then our Belle.

IMG_2650.jpg

Would you believe not one word about her being dressed up as Belle? I don't know if she thought she was Alice or what, but she had commented on Snow White, Rapunzel, and Jasmine. So, well....

let's just say the Enchanted Tales with Belle was not so enchanting. AND TO TOP IT ALL OFF, it took me forever to delete the 40 pictures of kids that aren't mine that were on the group photopass card they gave all of us at the end it. Disney Fail if you ask me.

We finally make it out of that TIME SUCK!!! An hour and 20 minutes!

BTMRR will get us back on track and happy again. Everyone walks on and Mama and the stroller bound 2yr old pick up FP's to ride later in the day. Then Pecos Bill lunch and we are golden again until....

Yeah I said "..."

The 9 yr old all of sudden is running a 101 degree temperature. So, we eat and give her ibuprofen and then Mama takes her and the baby back to the cabin while the rest of the group keeps going. We got home quickly and she fell asleep instantly (which was the 2nd indication that this little girl who never sleeps was really sick).

Back in the MK, the group is using their FP's and having a ball. They snapped a few pictures.

IMG_2663.jpg

These two are adorable too.

IMG_2664.jpg

Then a little old and new, Hall of Presidents followed by a few Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom portals. Then home for naps before our 1900 Park Fair ADR's tonight.

IMG_2676.jpg

We drove to the Grand Floridian and checked out the lobby while we waited for our pager to go off.

Belle is back but we have a call out to the Dr.

IMG_2680.jpg

We also saw the giant gingerbread house.

IMG_2681.jpg

There is no sparing the princess details here because I love the stepsisters and evil stepmother.

So here goes...

First Lady Tremaine

IMG_2683.jpg

She has their attention. Look at how amused our Jasmine is with her.

IMG_2684.jpg

Now they are all looking at the camera.

12-30-12102.jpg

Then Anastasia

IMG_2688.jpg

Then Drizella

IMG_2690.jpg

This is why we come to this crummy buffet.

12-30-12106.jpg

They are awesome

12-30-12107.jpg

The lighting sucks here. I never get great pictures in this room, but here's another.

Prince Charming with our prince

IMG_2696.jpg

And with our girls

12-30-12109.jpg

Then Cinderella comes out.

IMG_2711.jpg

And years later our girls still love her.

12-30-12116.jpg

Here's another one.

12-30-12114.jpg

Notice our little guy who won't meet girl characters at all. He must love Cinderella too.

Prince Charming came back for a dance.

12-30-12120.jpg

Ok, after dinner I took the sick one and little one and ran to pharmacy to pick up her antibiotic and some make her feel better things.

While the rest of the crew hopped on the monorail to the MK to catch the Main Street Electrical Parade. I told them the weather report called for rain, but they took their chances.

They walked through Adventureland to Froniterland to get their parade spot. No one was lining up so they grabbed a quick country bear show. When they came out they found our favorite spot was empty, but it was starting to rain. They cancelled the parade, so they caught the fairies on the way out because the 45 minute wait was down to 20. The 7yr old is a super Tink fan and was super excited to meet Periwinkle.

They were all wearing their raincoats fortunately, but it didn't start really raining until they got on the boat. They caught the bus back to the cabin (first time for everything).

Cool updates! Sorry bout the sick one. It also looks like you moved some PB pictures around after linking them.

I hit post and then they were gone. I hadn't done anything to photobucket so I was getting ready to edit and link them all again when they were suddenly back just like they suddenly disappeared. Weird, but they are back and I so I am not gonna question it anymore.