Epcot Flower & Garden Festival 2013

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Those DW floats with spiced rum have been available at Aloha Isle in the MK for years. You just need to carry a couple of these minis in your diaper bag.

Just got back from EPCOT. Took 291 pictures, only a couple of desserts from Norway.

You both have no idea how the wheels are turning in my head right now....

By the way, who is going to go before I get there and give me all the tips about what I need to try? TCD? ???

OK, if nobody else volunteers, I'll do it.

So basically they have turned it into the Food and Wine Festival (With Lots Of Pretty Flowers!).

Yes, Food and Wine plus flowers and minus the sausage on pretzel roll.

How long before it's Food & Wine 24/7?

Seriously, I want to know because I'll be there!

These food and drink offerings are much more than I expected.

It is almost like the F & W Festival.

Some of this stuff sounds pretty interesting. This is good. I love F & W, but there is a lot of repetition every year. The BBQ place in America sounds great.

TCD

OK, if nobody else volunteers, I'll do it.

Yes, Food and Wine plus flowers and minus the sausage on pretzel roll.

These food and drink offerings are much more than I expected.

It is almost like the F & W Festival.

Some of this stuff sounds pretty interesting. This is good. I love F & W, but there is a lot of repetition every year. The BBQ place in America sounds great.

TCD

YAY!!!! I can't wait to hear your report. And Jason is a BBQ man, so I need details on that. :)

So basically they have turned it into the Food and Wine Festival (With Lots Of Pretty Flowers!).

We've been to F&G the last two years, just because it happened to coincide with the dates we wanted to travel. It was never enough to make me want to go to WDW just to see it. Now it's a definite possibility!

• 2 weeks later...

The Disney Food Blog and other F&GF sites are not Disney sites. If you want the food offerings and everything else directly from the Mouse's mouth, click on the link for the official Disney web site.

Click on "read more" to see more details.

And if you want even more stuff, ask for it here because we have more than what's out there.

http://www.epcotinspring.com/

We spent a week at the Wekiva Falls KOA outside of Sanford. Met some old friends here and did a couple races up at Daytona. He was in an interstate parking lot this morning. Marilyn and I will watch the 500 from here and then pack up for the long 1 hour drive south.

We spent a week at the Wekiva Falls KOA outside of Sanford. Met some old friends here and did a couple races up at Daytona. He was in an interstate parking lot this morning. Marilyn and I will watch the 500 from here and then pack up for the long 1 hour drive south.

It's good to be Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

From the Disney Parks Blog...

Behind the Scenes: Horticulture Preps 100 Topiaries for the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 3rd, 2013 by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Social Media Manager

Although the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival doesn’t begin until March 6, preparations have been underway for weeks – especially to ready the festival’s more than 100 topiaries.

Eric Darden, manager of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival, recently gave us a sneak peek at some of the work that’s been going on backstage. Take a look.

http://youtu.be/gAHllZIQuek

Visit the Disney Parks Blog next week for more on this year’s festival.

Flower & Garden news from the Disney Parks blog...

Flower and Garden, Food and Beverage a Perfect Match at the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 6th, 2013 by Pam Brandon, Disney Parks Food Writer

This year’s Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival elevates the “farm to table” trend to new heights, with Festival Farms around each Garden Marketplace to show how the plants grow that are part of the delicious food and beverages served daily at the festival through May 19.

This fun video highlights the synergy between the garden and kitchen teams, and gives a little insight into the connections. We can’t wait for a taste of tomato wine with shrimp and grits, or the Florida watermelon salad with arugula!

http://youtu.be/53HXFKnecy8

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/03/flower-and-garden-food-and-beverage-a-perfect-match-at-the-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/

First Look: Merchandise for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival

posted on March 6th, 2013 by Steven Miller, Merchandise Communications Manager

fgm499780SMALL.jpg

I’m looking forward to the return of the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival. This year’s event will feature millions of blooms, great entertainment and new food offerings (hello, Dole Whip!) from March 6 to May 19 at Epcot. Last year, I enjoyed visiting Epcot on multiple occasions to photograph many beautiful flowers (I also snapped some wonderful images in the butterfly garden). This year, my photographic journey started at the Festival Center. This highly-themed destination is located between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy, and it’s home to demonstrations, seminars and a merchandise shop.

fgm892049SMALL.jpg

This year, the merchandise location resembles a garden oasis. The sound of gentle water and chirping birds filled the air as I took photos. Last year, we introduced artwork that featured Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as topiaries. The artwork was incredibly popular with guests, so we added a Minnie Mouse topiary to the mix for this year. You can find her image on apparel, a reusable tote bag and, my favorite, a new coffee mug (look inside the mug for a cool detail).

fgm846018SMALL.jpg

There were a few other items that caught my eye, including a new topiary-inspired headband, a strawberry ear hat, Duffy the Disney Bear in overalls, D-Tech on Demand iPhone cases and more. We are also introducing new garden statues that look like Grumpy and Dopey. Look for additional character topiary statues in the weeks to come.

Here is a gallery of a few other items that you will find at Epcot during the festival.

Gallery

First Look: Merchandise for the 2013 Epcot International Flower & Garden Festivalview all

• fgm189098-100x100.jpg
  • fgm109824-100x100.jpg
  • fgm680934-100x100.jpg
  • fgm680795-100x100.jpg
  • fgm689075-100x100.jpg
  • fgm896954-100x100.jpg

I’d love for you to join the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #EpcotInSpring. I also hope to see you during the event!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/03/first-look-merchandise-for-the-2013-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival/

the Disney Food Blog is posting pics live today from the Flower & Garden Festival...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/03/06/live-updates-today-2013-epcot-flower-and-garden-festival-food-pics/

Dole Whip w/ Spiced Rum. Cost $4.50 and worth it. :heartsmiley:

It was like a Dole Whip/rum sundae. :wine:

Judging from the lines and comments it seemed to be hit. :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dole Whip w/ Spiced Rum. Cost $4.50 and worth it. :heartsmiley:

It was like a Dole Whip/rum sundae. :wine:

Judging from the lines and comments it seemed to be hit. :banana: :banana: :banana:

According to the Disney Food Blog, the price is $6.25. I know Disney raises prices, but that much in a day?!?!?!?

According to the Disney Food Blog, the price is $6.25. I know Disney raises prices, but that much in a day?!?!?!?

$6.25 is correct. All I can say is old people forget things,,,, right, Lou???