I know from the title you were expecting a trip report tutorial.

But you won't get one from me, cause I'm computer illiterate.

But I can tell a good story, and in a past life I was a press photographer.

Reading Dave and TCDs excellent reports makes me wish there were more.

But I bet a lot of people are like me and don't really know how to make it look good. And not just posting pictures, but the cadence and structure of it.

So would someone who is good at it be willing to talk to me like I'm 4 and put it all down? Perhaps the instructions could be pinned at the top of this so it wouldn't get lost.

Oh, think of the ride reports that will be born!

Everybody has their own style.

Me, I take copious amounts of pictures, and throw in a few comments now and then.

I don't edit any of my pictures. I just dump them all into Photobucket in one big download to keep them in order, then relive the trip as I post them.

I just don't link the really crappy ones.

OK, photobucket is really easy.

Go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account. (However, some of us have upgraded to Pro ($39.99 for two years) cause we have so many pictures).

The way I do it, put all the photos from a particular trip in one folder in my hard drive (max 2000 pics per folder)

Then I go to the "Bulk Upload", create a new album with an appropriate title, then select the folder from my hard drive then hit "go" (not exact, but you get the idea). Then I go to bed. Usually by the next morning, they are all uploaded.

There is a setting on Photobucket for "customize your Upload options". Size is one of the choices. I have my maximum upload size set to 800x600. That way my pictures are not huge.

Then I go to my album with trip pictures and to copy the picture into Fort Fiends, you have four picture options.

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML code

IMG code

The code you want for Fort Fiends is IMG code. Copy that link, paste it into your post on FF, click to the next picture, and continue.

There is a maximum of 30 pictures per post on FF.

And a tip when writing your report. Type out each installment on a word file or note pad. Then copy and paste the whole thing in to your fortfiend trip report. That way if there is a problem you still have the material you typed out. Many people have typed out a whole installment then hit post to later find out something happen and it didn't work.

And a tip when writing your report. Type out each installment on a word file or note pad. Then copy and paste the whole thing in to your fortfiend trip report. That way if there is a problem you still have the material you typed out. Many people have typed out a whole installment then hit post to later find out something happen and it didn't work.

I so agree! I do mine in Word, inserting the IMG codes, and then copy/paste to my TR. Saves a lot of frustration!

Random thought...

If anyone wants to whip up some specific, step-by-step directions for some of this stuff, with handy-dandy screen shots to illustrate for those of us "visual learners", I'll create some How To pages on the Info side.

I'm thinking things like...

Uploading to Photobucket (or other widely used photo sharing sites)

How to insert images

Copy/pasting info/code for images, video...

How to use MultiQuote

etc.

My only suggestion:

Make sure to include the things that you may feel are a bit embarrasing but you can now laugh at yourself for after the fact.

Sometimes those things provide the most entertainment and comic relief.

(i.e. the Ironhorse)

I was just reading that trip report of yours!