MyMagic+ bands begin testing this week

Don't know where WDWMagic got that story, but as I posted earlier on another thread, CMs will be the first to get the MagicBands for testing.

CMs acting as guests will be staying at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge as part of the test.

The test will include in-park activity at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park. Test participants will use MagicBands to touch to enter their rooms, touch to enter the park, touch to redeem FastPass+ selections and touch to pay.

I'm waiting for my invitation to participate, ya right.

As TCD mentioned in his report, anyone can go through the RFID side. As I approached the MK turnstyles last Saturday, I asked where I should enter with my Annual Pass. I was told anywhere. Somebody with a handheld scanner, scanned my AP and in I went!

As TCD mentioned in his report, anyone can go through the RFID side. As I approached the MK turnstyles last Saturday, I asked where I should enter with my Annual Pass. I was told anywhere. Somebody with a handheld scanner, scanned my AP and in I went!

Same thing happened to us at Epcot last Saturday.

As of today if you go through the RFID side with an AP you also need your drivers license/photo id.

Yup. Actually, it happened to me on Saturday at both AK and MK. The twins don't usually carry photo ID with them, but I was able to show mine for all of us.

There are finger scans on the new RFID readers, but I reckon they don't work with the paper passes.

When the turnstiles are backed up, it's still faster to use your paper ticket and photo ID to go through the RFID lanes.

I still have not seen a Magic Band on a real guest.

TCD

We had grown use to them asking for ID and scanning our paper tickets with the handheld reader and then one of the last couple visits into MK, we walked to the right......to go through the RFID side per usual.....and when we got to the scanners, the CM told us paper tickets had to go to the other side and wait in line "like everyone else". Awesome and not rude at all. Maybe if we hadn't been able to go in that side on our previous 5-6 entries, I would have thought of that myself. Silly me.

They didn't ask for my ID last Saturday.

That is the first time since we arrived in Jan that they asked for an ID. The CM (manager type) I talked to on the way out said they have been told to enforce it. He also said they hope to have the RFID/AP issue resolved in about a month. He even mentioned the bands for AP's.

Time will tell..

Hmmm.

We had not been asked for ID before this last weekend.

A CM told us on Friday night that they might start asking for ID to go along with the scans.

On Saturday they asked. At both parks we visited.

TCD

Maybe we just got lucky. 8)

The 6 of us got to the park at around 6pm and there were only a few gates open on the far right. There were RFID scanners and they had a couple of people with the handheld units to swipe other tickets. I know I was asked for ID with my AP, not sure if Nicki was too.