Throw Some Glitter on it, Sugar Knees ...aka Womenz Gone Wild 2013

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:jumpforjoy  I'm having lunch with Loretta and Melissa on Monday! :jumpforjoy   Kim, I will collect my hugs and send some back to you!  Thanks!

I miss you all and I love you bunches! I can't imagine a better birthday weekend. Each one of you went out of your way to make sure I had a fun time and did I ever!!

What is a homeschooling fiend to do when 1/3 of her students fail to show up for class?  Why, give herself the day off and re-read the WWW trip report, of course!    I miss my WW every day.  It seems

I believe I can fit everything I have left into one final update. It is my sad day. The day WWW comes to an end for me.... :(

Monday morning... departure day, but not before a couple of surprise fiend visits and a mini-trip to DTD! :)

Missy and Marty

P1000974.jpg

Angie

P1000975.jpg

Nicki photographing me while I photograph her.

P1000976.jpg

Lorna all bundled up.

P1000977.jpg

1st surprise visit: Grumpy... aka Dave! (He's not really Grumpy, don't let him fool you)

P1000979.jpg

Missy bringing breakfast!!!!! xoxoxo

P1000983.jpg

I would MPR this one, HOWEVER, I have no words...no explanation to offer even if I wanted to. Carol has found a pair of unmentionables in the EZ Up. No one would admit to ownership or knowledge of where they came from. Sorry but that's all I know about this situation. :))

P1000984.jpg

2nd Surprise Visit: TCD made an appearance at WWW. Here is the groupie photo:

P1000986.jpg

Apparently I thought it would be more fun to play peekaboo from behind his rear end. How many people can make that claim? Or do I want to know?

P1000985.jpg

Angie on the roof.

P1000989.jpg

Fearless leader... aka Her Royal Hindlessness

P1000990.jpg

Curt and his lovely wife. I didn't consider this a surprise visit.... well, because we knew they were coming.

P1000991.jpg

Loretta and Marty

P1000992.jpg

Marty with the handiwork of the Jesus Jet in the background. (Marty, this is one you can show your bible study group without fear). hee hee Just joking.

P1000999.jpg

Group photos from Random Stranger #1. Left to Right: Melissa, Loretta, Marty, Me, KFK

P1010001.jpg

P1010002.jpg

Group photo by Random Stranger #2.

P1010003.jpg

Scenery

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

Melissa took us on a tour of T-Rex, which I must say, was very impressive! I know without a doubt that would be a fan fave with my boys! Def on the must do list for our next family vacay at the World.

P1010011.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010015.jpg

P1010016.jpg

A fountain.

P1010023.jpg

One day the balloon will be operating when i am there. But not this time.

P1010024-Copy.jpg

P1010027-Copy.jpg

We ducked in and out of several stores, bough souveniers for the kiddos, had lots of fun and laughs. We are womenz. It's what we do. :)

Back on the bus for the Fort.

P1010031-Copy.jpg

P1010032-Copy.jpg

P1010033-Copy.jpg

P1010034-Copy.jpg

P1010036-Copy.jpg

P1010038-Copy.jpg

Donnie made an appearance.

P1010039-Copy.jpg

At this point our ride to the train station (Loretta's friends) arrived so we had to say our final goodbyes.....

By this time I was sobbing uncontrollably knowing from experience just how much I was going to miss these womenz. And I wasn't wrong. I still miss them everyday. <3

When we got to the train station we still had time to grab some lunch if there was something open within walking distance. Thankfully, we were in luck. We were directed to a little bar/grille that was formerly a speakeasy. According to the brief history lesson given in the menu, the code word was "applepie" back in the day. Their walls were decorated in memorbilia like prohibition news stories etc. Even the menu items were named accordingly.

I had the Prohibition Philly with sweet potato fries. Yes it was delicious.

P1010041-Copy.jpg

After getting our leftovers boxed up for the ride home, we hoofed it back to the station so we wouldn't miss the train.

Loretta and Marty being silly while we waited.

P1010046.jpg

and our ride is here....

P1010049.jpg

We had a nice ride home, well except for the horseplay between to teenage boys (old enough to know better) that took a potentially serious turn. Yes, we are womenz and we don't play that... so we tattled. A few minutes, one visit from the conductor and one or two identifications later.... there was once again peace on the train.

From what I hear I tried to read my Kindle, turned it off after a few minutes later and immediately fell fast asleep.... for almost the remainer of the trip. We arrived back in good ole SC,where Marty, Loretta and I said our goodbyes, hugged and it was over. Back to reality.

Until Next year!! Viva WWW 2014!!!!!

Great pictures, Kim! thanks for posting!

My thought on the unmentionables in the EZ-up -- They probably belong to the lady whose catch phrase was "Just don't tell me Sista'!"

Also, there were a few pictures where I was not grinning. Please rest assured that i was grinning on the inside. i was just so wore out from the shenanigans of the weekend and my grinning muscles needed a rest.

Lord willing, I'm gonna be there next year! I just couldn't leave Dad in his condition this year ... but I so wanted to be there with you! My BFF would fit in so well with you all ... think I'm gonna ask her to plan on driving down with me next year. She has severe fibromyalgia and hasn't been able to go to WDW for years but would love this trip. She could rent a scooter for the park day or I'd be willing to push her around. Just have to figure out how to pack for both of us in my Miata. Hmmm ... we don't need too many clothes.

Lord willing, I'm gonna be there next year! I just couldn't leave Dad in his condition this year ... but I so wanted to be there with you! My BFF would fit in so well with you all ... think I'm gonna ask her to plan on driving down with me next year. She has severe fibromyalgia and hasn't been able to go to WDW for years but would love this trip. She could rent a scooter for the park day or I'd be willing to push her around. Just have to figure out how to pack for both of us in my Miata. Hmmm ... we don't need too many clothes.

extra jammies

Well jammies of course!

Ok so maybe some of us put pants on, but I was thisclose to wearing my fuzzy Eeyore jammies to the parks. If it had been cooler during the day I could have easily been talked into it. :)

Oh but we did wear our awesome mismatched socks that Lorna got us!

Well jammies of course!

Ok so maybe some of us put pants on, but I was thisclose to wearing my fuzzy Eeyore jammies to the parks. If it had been cooler during the day I could have easily been talked into it. :)

Oh but we did wear our awesome mismatched socks that Lorna got us!

I did wear my Jammie's to the poly

We can handle that!

:bravo: Who's Next??

:bighug: My question exactly...

Great pictures, Kim! thanks for posting!

My thought on the unmentionables in the EZ-up -- They probably belong to the lady whose catch phrase was "Just don't tell me Sista'!"

Also, there were a few pictures where I was not grinning. Please rest assured that i was grinning on the inside. i was just so wore out from the shenanigans of the weekend and my grinning muscles needed a rest.

You're welcome. xoxoxo

That could explain WHAT we weren't supposed to "tell her sista". :))

I really don't like the last day. I still miss everyone today too.....

:heart:

. Just have to figure out how to pack for both of us in my Miata. Hmmm ... we don't need too many clothes.

You have very skinny clothes. They should easily fit in a Miata. :)) :heart:

So what do we wear when visiting the parks?

"It depends.... It is highly recommended you wear long sleeves and pants when it is freezing with a wind advisory so you don't have to spend a thousand dollars on sweatshirts and pants.". ~ The Voice Of Experience

NEXT?? Anyone?

Gwen,

I spent so much time before I went plannng exactly what i would wear each day.  When I got there, i just wanted my warmest clothes on for the whole weekend.  I didn't care what i looked like, and neither did anyone else.  My advice for next year is pack layers, so you can be ready for whatever the weather does.  And jammies.  Cute jammies are a must.  :lol:

You have very skinny clothes. They should easily fit in a Miata. :)) :heart:

Kim, thank you for calling my clothes skinny!  But to put my car trunk into perspective, I'm now driving around with a queen-size comforter in it (keep forgetting to take it to Goodwill), and I can barely close the lid.

And I have to get luggage for two people in there!

Gwen,

I spent so much time before I went plannng exactly what i would wear each day.  When I got there, i just wanted my warmest clothes on for the whole weekend.  I didn't care what i looked like, and neither did anyone else.  My advice for next year is pack layers, so you can be ready for whatever the weather does.  And jammies.  Cute jammies are a must.  :))

Marty, mix and match!  Everything I bring will be denim or purple ... everything goes with everything.  But I must buy some cute jammies. 

I've already alerted Chris, my BFF, to expect a trip over President's Day Weekend 2014.  She is excited about it.  We'll drive down on Thursday or Friday (depending on when a site is available) and start home on Monday.  She will fit right into the group!

Kim, thank you for calling my clothes skinny!  But to put my car trunk into perspective, I'm now driving around with a queen-size comforter in it (keep forgetting to take it to Goodwill), and I can barely close the lid.

You sound like me.  I always have a giant bag of something to donate that rides in the trunk forever.   :))

My trunk is currently full of such bags. 

I tried bringing them to Salvation Army a week ago and they had locked the donation boxes and there was no way to get in, and no one working inside could help.

Guess they're going to Goodwill this week.

Fortunately, we are constantly getting cards in the mail, for whichever donation place saying they will come get the stuff.  We give them a call, leave the stuff on the front porch in the morning, and when I get home from work, it is gone, with a receipt hanging on the doorknob.

I also don't really bother too much on itemizing my donations. Just list $495 worth of household stuff and call it done.