From the Allears newsletter today:

FastPass+ is being tested at Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Magic Kingdom now through February 28. During this test phase, randomly selected guests at Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Contemporary resorts will receive a FastPass+ card for a specified arrival window for lunch at Be Our Guest Restaurant. Guests who arrive at the restaurant during their FastPass+ time will be able to take advantage of an expedited order and payment process. This opportunity is available by invitation only and participants must have valid theme park admission.

.....randomly selected guests at Fort Wilderness are invited to pound sand.

It is interesting that the trial is available to guests at GF, CR and WL. But not the Poly? Of all the resorts around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, the Poly and Fort are the only ones not participating. We can guess why the Fort was left out. But the Poly?

It is interesting that the trial is available to guests at GF, CR and WL. But not the Poly? Of all the resorts around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake, the Poly and Fort are the only ones not participating. We can guess why the Fort was left out. But the Poly?

They figure Poly people are to full of Tonga Toast to eat anything else.

Poly only wants crackers.

Good one, Annie.

But, it is interesting that this is only being offered to Deluxe Resort guests.

When Fastpass+ was first announced, there were rumors about resort guests getting different benefits based on the level of the resort.

I totally understand why Disney would want to try something like this. If I was paying $400 a night for a room, I would appreciate receiving some type of perk recognizing that I'm spending a lot more for my trip than someone from the All Stars, or a guest staying off-site.

I didn't say I like it. I am just saying I understand it.

I think this test gives us a glimpse of how this is going to work. And what I'm seeing does not look good for us poor camping slobs.

TCD

TCD,

I see no need for worry. The fiends are a smart bunch of thrifty people.

We will soon find a way to wring more fun and less waits out of our "non-fastpass+ 's" than those with the deep pockets staying at the fancy pants resorts can get accomplished with their "head starts."

I see it as Disney's way of leveling the playing field because we fiends are just that good at getting the most out of our Disney trips.