• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand after our next president is elected, he is going to make Jersey week a national holiday.

We totally agree. We have pulled ours out well over the "allowed" days missed to go to Disney. I make sure I am close with the prinicpal, nurse and their teachers and let the all know that I find life

Lou.. watch what you say about Jersey people,, we pay your salary for that week..... just yours.. no one else..........

We have been going jersey week for probably 6-7 years now,, and we have noticed the crowds have been getting larger.. must be more people living in new jersey now..

I think it is just that the people in Jersey are getting larger! (Said with tongue firmly in cheek, as I myself was born and bred in NJ!)

Wow... I go away for just a little (from FF anyway, havent really gone anywhere lately) and all of a sudden everyone is messin w  us Jersey ppl... (even though I'm really a South Phila girl who was transplanted here)

I will add that this Jersey family will be there for Halloween and Jersey week this year!!!

And I agree with Beckers- what accents?

Y'all from the south talk a bunch funnier than we do!!! When we moved down years ago, our neighbor gave us a Redneck to English dictionary!!!!! I'm just sayin is all....

:user2552:

I thought you sounded normal! I know I sound normal!

It is a poorly kept secret that I grew up in Joisey.

A few years back, I attended one of my high school class reunions.  Afterwards, Mrs. TCD asked me why all the guys I went to high school with sounded like Joe Piscapo doing his "I'm from Joisey" routine.

She was right.

I guess I sounded like them when I lived there.  Funny how I never noticed it at the time.

So I hate to break it to you Joisey folks, but y'all talk funny.

TCD

I believe he did mention he went to Willingboro, and the Joisey accent are from the Northern parts of the state near New Yawk that have the accents. Us southern NJ folk do not have accents.

Best Regards,

Norm

That's what I used to think.

No doubt people from New Yawk have accents.  Both my parents are from Lonk Island.

I hate to break it to you, but South Jersey people have accents too.  Kind of like a weak Philly accent.

TCD

I was born in northern NJ and then in middle school moved to the shore, so I have been one of the chosen (LOL) ones to have experienced the full gamut of NJ slang. While I may not have heard the word soder, chawwclate (chocolate) or boyds (for birds) down here, I heard MORE than enough times the word "YO"!

I was born in northern NJ and then in middle school moved to the shore, so I have been one of the chosen (LOL) ones to have experienced the full gamut of NJ slang. While I may not have heard the word soder, chawwclate (chocolate) or boyds (for birds) down here, I heard MORE than enough times the word "YO"!

Yo.  That's the Philly influence I was talking about.  South Jersey accents are Philly lite.

TCD