That sort of sums up my experience the one time I made the mistake of going during Jersey Week.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand after our next president is elected, he is going to make Jersey week a national holiday.

We totally agree. We have pulled ours out well over the "allowed" days missed to go to Disney. I make sure I am close with the prinicpal, nurse and their teachers and let the all know that I find life

Lou.. watch what you say about Jersey people,, we pay your salary for that week..... just yours.. no one else..........

School is not that important. Schedule the vacation when it works for you, and have the little ones bring homework with. Learning is important, the schedule the school keeps is not. For the most part they are warehousing the average and above average kids while the dumb kids catch up. Don't get me started.

We totally agree. We have pulled ours out well over the "allowed" days missed to go to Disney.

I make sure I am close with the prinicpal, nurse and their teachers and let the all know that I find life experience an important part of a child's education (I believe these words came right out of the student handbook) but that I don't want them to fall behind at school. So we get homework done ahead or bring it with and I let all involved that I have consulted the academic calendar before deciding when to take them out so they don't miss any major testing or test prep.

It has worked wonderfully for us for 5 years.

Not everyone, almost everyone.

We have gone to Disney during peak and off peak times and have seen the park crazy busy and wide open.

The thing about Jersey week is that the park is full of the same demographic.

MY DEMOGRAPHIC-Families with school age children.

The waits are longer for what I want to do with my kids because everyone else at Disney is wanting to do what I want to do.

I should also mention that I am a midwesterner and my first Jersey week was a bit of culture shock for me. Every queue I waited in, every bus I rode (who am I kidding I didn't ride the bus!!!), on the monorail, in the restaurant lobbies, etc I felt like I was in New Jersey. Once I got used to the Jersey accents and "way of doing things" it was time to go home.

So my recommendation if you want to take advantage of your kids days of school, split your time between a few days during Jersey week then stay longer-you know when everyone else goes home so you can have the park to yourselves again.

every bus I rode (who am I kidding I didn't ride the bus!)

Finally, someone is taking my advice.

Once I got used to the Jersey accents

Is that even possible?

So my recommendation if you want to take advantage of your kids days of school, split your time between a few days during Jersey week then stay longer-you know when everyone else goes home so you can have the park to yourselves again.

Sounds like a reasonable approach.

Waiting in line for an attraction behind a Joisy girl:

"Hey Mahhhhsha! Ovah here! Come on ovah! EXCUUUUUSE ME! WILL YOU PLEASE MOVE YOUR ASS SO MY FRIEND MAHHHHSHA AND HER KIDS CAN GET IN LINE IN FRONT OF YOU? MY GAWD! YOU PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE!"

Sure, jerk, I was just waiting in line for TOT for the last half hour. God forbid you should move your rude ass to the end of the line so you can be with Mahhhhsha and her little monsters.

"Hey Mahhhhsha! Ovah here! Come on ovah! EXCUUUUUSE ME! WILL YOU PLEASE MOVE YOUR ASS SO MY FRIEND MAHHHHSHA AND HER KIDS CAN GET IN LINE IN FRONT OF YOU? MY GAWD! YOU PEOPLE ARE SO RUDE!"

Perfect example of accent and "way of doing things!" My kids learned all kinds of new phrases during Jersey week, which they quickly unlearned on the way home!

I am not saying that they don't hear such things during other trips, I am just saying during Jersey week it's the same few phrases said quite loudly by many different people all day long.

I'm almost sorry I started this.

What, and deprive us, besides it's all in fun.

Like just about all threads that ask a question, it usually gets answered fairly early on and then it's hijack time.

And it wouldn't matter where you're from, we'll kid about everyone in the US and Canada. Just about every area of the country has a distinct accent, except where I'm from, Massachusetts.

What, and deprive us, besides it's all in fun.

Like just about all threads that ask a question, it usually gets answered fairly early on and then it's hijack time.

And it wouldn't matter where you're from, we'll kid about everyone in the US and Canada. Just about every area of the country has a distinct accent, except where I'm from, Massachusetts.

I did say almost. Lol. I'm good with it. You have to be tough to live in NJ..

Just about every area of the country has a distinct accent, except where I'm from, Massachusetts.

Yeah, cause no one from Massachusetts has an accent...

http://youtu.be/Fq_hOx8E2uo

Took me all of one semester's worth of harassment at college in upstate NY to get all my "Rs" in the right place. :rofl2:

I no longer pick on people from New Jersey. I just send all of our Philadelphia residents to "the shore". I figure it all evens out in the end... :rofl2:

I belive some areas of the Shore refer to them as Shoobies!!!!!!!!

I realize that people from NJ think that the world revolves around them, but Jersey week is no big deal at WDW. In fact, I heard that they've cancelled it this year due to a shortage of whatever language they speak in NJ to English interpreters.

Lou.. watch what you say about Jersey people,, we pay your salary for that week..... just yours.. no one else..........

I am trying to think of a time other than Christmas to go to the fort that is good for time off of school. I don't want to do summer. So here in NJ teachers convention is in Nov. We get Thursday, Friday and Monday is Veterans Day. So If I take J out on Wednesday and the following Tuesday it would make for a nice trip. But if the crowds are big maybe not.

We have been going jersey week for probably 6-7 years now,, and we have noticed the crowds have been getting larger.. must be more people living in new jersey now..