When do the Love Bugs start showing up?

We are excited that our trip is finally getting closer!! :jumpforjoy We are planning to be there mid to late April, but recently someone mentioned to me that this is possibly the same time of year that those notorious love bugs are present! YUK! Can someone tell me when their seasons are? Thanks!

They show up mid to late april then again in september Order a wax called Rejex put it on the whole front end of youe vehicles( including the windshield they will come off fairly easy

Don't know when they start showing up, but we were there late April of 2011 and the love bugs were awful.

Relatively speaking, they weren't that bad last year, in fact they haven't been that bad for a few years, so maybe a bad year like we've had in the past is coming.

How bad you ask? I remember looking at the entrance doors while at the WL and they were black from all the love bugs covering it.

Relatively speaking, they weren't that bad last year, in fact they haven't been that bad for a few years, so maybe a bad year like we've had in the past is coming.

How bad you ask? I remember looking at the entrance doors while at the WL and they were black from all the love bugs covering it.

Gross.

I recall many years ago in Mobile I was adding a garage to my house. A friend and I were working on the roof framing. I was drinking a sugar-free drink and his was with sugar. Not a love bug touched my cup and his cup was covered with them. I also noticed the ends of all the boards we were using were covered by lovebugs.

It sounds like they should be gone before we get there 

Uhh, no, that would be wishful thinking. Jen lives over 100 miles away.

They usually don't show up at WDW until May and Sept, give or take a few weeks either way, so you're not out of the woods yet.

You may hit the beginning of the cycle.

I recall many years ago in Mobile I was adding a garage to my house. A friend and I were working on the roof framing. I was drinking a sugar-free drink and his was with sugar. Not a love bug touched my cup and his cup was covered with them. I also noticed the ends of all the boards we were using were covered by lovebugs.

I used to get constantly eaten up by mosquites every summer.  Since I went low carb I am rarely bothered by them.  Guess I'm not sweet enough now either. 

I can't figure out how anything with two heads and no ass can survive, let alone reproduce.

Thanks for the update! (It sounds like they should be gone before we get there :jumpforjoy ) I am sure we will have a great time either way but if we had the choice it would certainly be without them!

at my place, other places may vary, consult your dealer for details

Uhh, no, that would be wishful thinking. Jen lives over 100 miles away.

They usually don't show up at WDW until May and Sept, give or take a few weeks either way, so you're not out of the woods yet.

You may hit the beginning of the cycle.

Actually wishful thinking is that "I" was the one who lived only 100 miles from Disney..LOL. With the miserable weather we keep having up here I will gladly take the Florida weather with OR without lovebugs :wave1:.  Thanks for the info. :)

• 1 month later...