Reasons to celebrate…. GaDawgFan’s Spring Break Trip Report

Friday was pretty much a perfect day. Looking back, I couldn’t have asked for a better 10th anniversary. We had family time and time to just enjoy being a couple.

It started with a big breakfast.

D150A167-DDA4-42D0-9CC0-9200F4B2907D-426

While we cooked, my dad took Z to the Meadow’s Trading Post because he wanted a newspaper. Does this sound familiar? Yep, guess what Z came back with?

IMG_1327.jpg

He knows how to work his Pop Pop.

After breakfast, Jason made a grocery store run, and my dad and I took Z to the Settlement for a pony ride and some exploration.

IMG_3173.jpg

IMG_3177.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

IMG_3182.jpg

IMG_3184.jpg

IMG_3187.jpg

After the pony ride, we went over to the barn to see the big horses.

IMG_3188.jpg

A Segway tour came in and they were showing the carriage to them. The guide called Z over to push the music button. He got a big kick out of that.

IMG_3189.jpg

Then it was time to do some exploring, to check out a place I’ve gotten close to recently but haven’t really seen in a loooooooooooooooooong time.

IMG_3190.jpg

I bet you know where we’re going, right?

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was sweet he got the picture.   It will be nice to have when he's 18 and asks you if you ever dropped him on his head.   You can tell him "No, but there was this time we walked you to the top of th

Well, since photobucket finally finished with my upload over night, we can continue our little adventure.

Even though no one is playing along, I’m going to pretend that you all guessed we’re going over to check out River Country. You’re right!

IMG_3191.jpg

Here’s the ticket booth that is now the entrance of the Backyard BBQ.

IMG_1342.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

The bathrooms are still used for the Backyard BBQ

IMG_1335.jpg

Sad

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1333.jpg

IMG_1332.jpg

IMG_1331.jpg

After that depressing scene, it was time to walk back to the Settlement. Z wanted to play on the playground, and I wanted to sit on Crockett’s porch.

Not much going on today.

IMG_3205.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

I put Pop Pop on Z duty, so I could chill for a bit. Ahhhh…..

IMG_1345.jpg

Jason rejoined us, and he made the situation even better.

IMG_1348.jpg

After playing awhile, Z decided it was time to play photographer.

My hair is a hot mess. Oops.

IMG_3203.jpg

Selfie

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

I call this next photo series “The Settlement Playground through the Eyes of a 4 Year Old.”        

IMG_3211.jpg

IMG_3216.jpg

IMG_3217.jpg

IMG_3218.jpg

IMG_3222.jpg

IMG_3223.jpg

IMG_3219.jpg

IMG_3224.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

Next up, I we get cleaned up and have a date night that includes a carriage ride, some bar hopping, and dinner at Narcoossee’s.

Love the photos of Z and Pop-Pop on the pony ride!

Pure joy on both their faces!

There's nothing better than TCD ranch!

I know where you're going, and I look forward to the photos.

TCD

We must have posted at the same time. I'll give you credit though because I know you know where I'm heading.

They really enjoyed the pony rides. It was more fun to watch them than it would have been to lead Z myself.

You might be a little biased towards the TCD Ranch. LOL!

I am sorry that this site has been acting up so much, because I think you are being robbed of readers of your report.

Great job on the River Country photos. There is much less water than normal in the old pool.  I wonder why.

I love Z's photos.  I LOL'd that in the middle of all the playgound pics, he took a picture of that little girl.  Z always is looking for the ladies, isn't he?

I'm always up for a good bar hopping story, so bring it on!

TCD

I figured you were going to RC but I couldn't get my post to go through.

RC  is still depressing but I like seeing the photos anyway.

Z takes good pics.

Looking forward to the drinking update.

Hoping for Peer Born.

I hope you're not sad.... it was a liquor and wine night. I do have some pics though.

I am sorry that this site has been acting up so much, because I think you are being robbed of readers of your report.

Great job on the River Country photos. There is much less water than normal in the old pool.  I wonder why.

I love Z's photos.  I LOL'd that in the middle of all the playgound pics, he took a picture of that little girl.  Z always is looking for the ladies, isn't he?

I'm always up for a good bar hopping story, so bring it on!

TCD

Ha ha! You noticed the girl. I thought that was funny.

I do think you're right about the site issues preventing some from reading. Maybe they'll jump in late.

I read, but if this posts, it is my first successful one.  I did know where you were going in the other update.

Glad it worked and you are here!

Your photos are great, Z is one cutie!

Thanks! I think he's pretty cute too, but I'm biased.

Time to finish up Friday. It was an awesome night, and I had a very special surprise dessert for Jason. Then, there’s only one more day left. Sad.

Once we showered and put on some nicer clothes, it was time for our carriage ride, booked by none other than our own Fiend Jason (Katman not my Jason).

This was a special treat for us because I rode in on a horse drawn carriage with my parents when Jason and I got married. Want to see?

carriage.jpg

Here’s Jason and me. Wow, we were young and skinny.

wedding.jpg

One more more of my dad and me since he’s in the report.

weddingdadandme.jpg

But I digress. Let’s fast forward back to 2013.

Our carriage picked us up across from Crockett’s Tavern. Our driver, and I feel terrible for forgetting her name, has been a CM for 33 years, over 20 of which have been with horses at the Fort. She was awesome. She let us have our romantic moments, but was more than willing to answer any questions we had.

IMG_3241.jpg

They have a few different options as far as where to go. Our driver took us towards the Wilderness Lodge.

IMG_3237.jpg

We brought a nice bottle of wine with us. No pictures of that. But Cheers!

We saw some deer.

IMG_3238.jpg

We really enjoyed it. It was very relaxing and romantic.

IMG_3239.jpg

On the beach after the carriage ride.

IMG_3236.jpg

We got on a boat to the Contemporary. We didn’t have a ton of time until dinner, but we peeked into one of the shops.

I thought these were cool.

IMG_1349.jpg

We almost grabbed a drink there, but there was one drink I wanted to make sure I had, so we got on the monorail and went to the bar at the Poly. I HAD to have one of those pineapple drinks.

IMG_1356.jpg

Wow, it was good. And I don’t think they skimp on the liquor. We had a really good bartender there, so we ended up staying there until dinner. I think I only had that one drink there, but Jason had a few.

We arrived at the Grand Floridian feeling pretty good.

IMG_1359.jpg

Here’s where we’re heading!

IMG_1362.jpg

We checked in and went to the bar while we waited on our table. And actually, I lied to Aaron because I had a Blue Moon at the bar. I just don’t have a picture.

We requested a table by the window.

They gave us free champagne.

IMG_1368.jpg

I’d heard about personalized menus, but they must not do that anymore.

We started with apps. Jason loved his salad.

IMG_1371.jpg

My lobster bisque was just OK. I’m used to it being creamer and thicker and thought it would have more lobster.

IMG_1370.jpg

Jason chose scampi with lobster and shrimp. Too bad he didn’t read about the spinach. He doesn’t like it, but picked around it and still enjoyed it.

IMG_1375.jpg

I had the lobster. It was goooooooooooooooooooooooood.

IMG_1372.jpg

At some point, the EWP came by.

IMG_1377.jpg

Then it was time for our special dessert. I had contacted the Grand Floridian about a month prior about making us a mini replica of our wedding cake.

They did a good job.

IMG_1378.jpg

And it was tasty!

As we were finishing up our cake, it was time for the fireworks! We went out on the deck to watch them. This was about the time that Jason told me what an amazing night it had been, how perfect everything was, and that he was really impressed with how I had planned it all. It really was a perfect night.

And I have to give credit to Fiends because it was you that suggested the restaurant and timing!!!!! (I did tell him that.)

We finished watching inside because it was windy. (Luckily, the wind kept the crowd of the deck.)

Then, we headed back to the Fort. The only issue of the night….. I left my leftover lobster and cake on the monorail. Even so, I couldn’t have imagined a better evening.

Tomorrow is our last day.

The next update will include an evening at the Flower and Garden Festival, but just answering comments for now....

Wonderful evening!!!!

It really was perfect! And aren't you the person who first suggested Narcoossee's?

Can I say you two look more in love now then you did back then?  It sure looks like the 10 years have been good to you both.

Love your whole anniversary night.

Awwwwwwwww..... thanks so much! It's been a great 10 years.

Wow... what a trip report....    Z is really photogenic...   Someday we'll be voting for him....  The anniversary plans were great.  Congrats on 10 years and the wonderful accomplishment !

Thanks so much for your kind words about Z. He sure can ham it up for a camera!

I call this next photo series “The Settlement Playground through the Eyes of a 4 Year Old.”        

IMG_3223.jpg

Did anyone else think this little girl looks a bit like Anna?

What a great evening you had!  And a great day!  Congratulations on your anniversary.

I did suggest Narcoosee's, not sure if I was the first, but I know that it was the most fabulous dinner we've ever had at Disney.

It was really good. Thanks!

Great update.

I see your husband married "up" like me.

Ha ha!

Did anyone else think this little girl looks a bit like Anna?

What a great evening you had!  And a great day!  Congratulations on your anniversary.

You're right, she does! And thank you!

Saturday, April 6th was our last day. We spent the morning packing up. Well, Jason, my dad, and I packed. Z destroyed/redecorated.

IMG_1382-1.jpg

That’s why we get a premium. Otherwise, our whole site would be holes.

Speaking of holes, something ate our tablecloth.

IMG_1381.jpg

Weird.

Once it warmed up a bit, we headed to the pool.

Z was swimming short distances across the stairs. I need to get him back in swimming lessons because he’s almost there.

IMG_3262.jpg

Jason only came to the pool for a little bit because he was packing. Such a good husband doing the work while we played!

IMG_3242.jpg

And it was important to get packed because that evening we were heading out to Epcot for date night #2. Pop Pop really spoiled us.  

Something happened to the hot tub, so they had to repair it and refill it. The water was cold, so the kids took it over.

IMG_3253.jpg

Look, I think I spotted a freeloader birthday party!

IMG_3251.jpg

I’m going to title this photo…. WHY?????  It might seem judgmental, but I’m a bigger girl too. And that’s why I don’t wear a bikini. This picture doesn’t really depict the true horror.

IMG_3250.jpg

I had to draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag Z out of the pool around 2:00 because I needed to get ready and he needed some rest.

Up next, our experience and the Flower & Garden & Food & Booze Festival

Great update.

When the TCD twins were Z's age, they could (and sometimes did) spend hours digging up the dirt at our campsite.  I twisted many an ankle.

You should have posted some kind of warning before posting that photo of the lady who had her toddler's bathing suit on.

Can't wait to hear about the FGFBF.  This is the first I've heard of the name change.

TCD

Okay, I admit to wearing a two-piece swimsuit.  But I'm 120 pounds at 63 years old.  If you don't like it, don't look.  My only problem is the saggy skin from losing about 45% of my body weight 10 years ago.  Not pretty.  But I'd rather have you see the saggy skin than the fat!

Gwen, first of all, congrats on the weight loss! And if I weighed 120 lbs, I'd be rocking the bikini too. However, from the front, you couldn't tell that woman had on bottoms. Not cool. And sadly, you are missing the full array of tattoos on her breasts. I tried not to look, but I swear she was following us around to the different pool areas. I do realize I'm being mean (sorry for that), but if she does want to wear a bikini, choosing one that fits would be nice.