Reasons to celebrate…. GaDawgFan’s Spring Break Trip Report

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was sweet he got the picture.   It will be nice to have when he's 18 and asks you if you ever dropped him on his head.   You can tell him "No, but there was this time we walked you to the top of th

from the front, you couldn't tell that woman had on bottoms. Not cool. And sadly, you are missing the full array of tattoos on her breasts.

Now that image is just plain scary!

If I weighed 120 I'd be naked all the time lol.

Not with my saggy skin.  It's not pretty.

For some reason, the multiquote button isn't working for me. So, here we go.....

I am finally catching up. When the site is up I have been trying to get posts to my own trip report up.

I was really hoping to get my pics of you guys up before you got your report finished but you are on the ball!

It looks like you had a blast! Thanks for sharing.

Post it any time! I'm actually going to do some picture only updates next week when I get my photopass pictures.

Here comes date night at the Flower & Garden & Food & Booze Festival. This is something that is getting mixed reviews, but I’ve been very excited about.

We arrived around 4:30, I believe.

IMG_1383-1.jpg

Buzz!

IMG_1384-1.jpg

My first mission was to get a beet lollipop, so I could report back to all of you. We headed over to the festival center to get one. Jason was gagging along the way that I was actually going to eat one. That’s how much I love you people. But I have bad news; they were sold out. Really. I was kind of mad. So the lesson is that if you want one, go early.

Guess what was ride was down? Yep, Test Track. That refurb was a real success.

Our next stop was the Florida Fresh booth for shrimp and grits. I LOVE shrimp and grits.

IMG_1385-1.jpg

I also decided to try the tomato wine. I’m not really sure why. It was gross. But the shrimp and grits were VERY good. And the portion size was good as well.

IMG_1388.jpg

After that disgusting wine that I could not even get Jason to take a second sip of, it was time to visit my second favorite place in the World Showcase. I’ll admit that it was my favorite place until this trip. A new place later in this evening stole my heart.

La Cava was packed! There was a line just to get in. That was kind of a bummer.

IMG_1390.jpg

I had a pomegranate margarita, and it was delicious as their drinks always are.

I took this picture for Dave. I head a CM tell people she had a 40 minute wait. Crazy.

IMG_1391.jpg

Time for…..

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

Why did I only buy 2 salted caramels? Actually, it’s a good thing I didn’t try them that night, or I would have gone back and bought them all.

I think we kind of skipped over China because I don’t have any pictures of it.

We found this sweatshirt in Germany. Genius.

IMG_1396-1.jpg

And we decided to take some silly pictures.

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

That’s all I can write for now. The next update will include my new favorite spot in Epcot, more food and drink pictures, and some REALLY weird teenagers.

The beet lollipops were sold out? 

What the Fort!

Thanks for trying.

I would really like to see what one looks like and read a report as to what they taste like.  I would much rather someone else do it than do it myself.  But I see I need to schedule an Epcot trip soon.

Those shrimp and grits do look good!  Good thing I'm working on an Epcot trip soon.

Did the tomato wine taste like tomatoes?

I thought you were going to say that the caramel store was your new favorite place in Epcot.

Now I'm wondering what it could be?

I'm guessing somewhere in France.

Or maybe the pub in England.

TCD

I can't believe no one has commented on the beer pouch sweatshirt. Am I the only person who hasn't seen one of those?

The beet lollipops were sold out? 

What the Fort!

Thanks for trying.

I would really like to see what one looks like and read a report as to what they taste like.  I would much rather someone else do it than do it myself.  But I see I need to schedule an Epcot trip soon.

Those shrimp and grits do look good!  Good thing I'm working on an Epcot trip soon.

Did the tomato wine taste like tomatoes?

I thought you were going to say that the caramel store was your new favorite place in Epcot.

Now I'm wondering what it could be?

I'm guessing somewhere in France.

Or maybe the pub in England.

TCD

Who knew beet lollipops required a RD? Maybe because they're 99 cents? Don't you feel bad for the suckers (see that?) who use a snack credit on them?

The caramel shop is BARELY below La Cava, and honestly, I'd rather have one of those caramels over a margarita now, so maybe I should make it #2.

Get some shrimp and grits. You won't be sorry.

The tomato wine tasted kind of like a thin, watered down Bloody Mary. Don't get it, unless you just want some writing material.

Sounds to me like you lucked out on the whole beet lollypop thing.

The caramel shop is my new favorite place in WS.

You must have found something great to beat that place!

Yummmmmmmmmm caramel shop.

I had thought the same thing but didn't say anything.  I don't like to talk about Anna too much.  :rofl2:

The great thing is that we love to hear about her as much as you love to talk about her!

I can't believe no one has commented on the beer pouch sweatshirt. Am I the only person who hasn't seen one of those?

Who knew beet lollipops required a RD? Maybe because they're 99 cents?

Get some shrimp and grits. You won't be sorry.

The tomato wine tasted kind of like a thin, watered down Bloody Mary. Don't get it, unless you just want some writing material.

I have never seen a beer pouch sweatshirt.  I think there's a good reason for that.  Who needs a pouch for a beer?  It's funny, but who would ever use it?

I didn't know the beet lollipops were only $.99.  Now I really want one.

Check on the shrimp and grits.

Thanks for the head's up on the tomato wine.  I think I'll pass.

TCD

Let’s continue date night #2.

IMG_3263.jpg

Next, we wondered around the Italy pavilion. There was a place that I wanted to check out, Tutto Gusto. Many of you know I’m a wine lover. Jason is too. And I’d heard great things about Tutto Gusto. AND, we didn’t have Z with us. Woot! Woot!

We got to the entrance, and the hostess asked us if we wanted to stand at the bar or have a table. It was dinner time during one of the busiest weeks of the year, so I assumed the tables were full and said the bar would be fine. She asked if I was sure, so I asked if there were tables. She said yes, and there was even a couch if we wanted to sit there. YES!!!!

We were led to a couch in the corner with a low table. It was romantic, kind of like you are in a wine cellar and reminded me A LOT of really being in Italy. There was a fireplace and 3 other couches in our little room.

This picture is bad, but you can see the wine and fireplace.

IMG_1407.jpg

Jason was happy.

IMG_1401-1.jpg

We were offered the menu for the wine cellar and the one from the restaurant next door. We chose to order a few of the small plates. It’s important to note that although it LOOKS like you have to order them in 3’s, you don’t really. You can pick and choose what you want. We chose handmade sausage, bruchetta, and fresh mozzarella. It looks like most things come with a bread selection as well.

We also ordered 2 wine flights to share. Here’s a picture of our food. It doesn’t look like a ton, but we were surprisingly full after eating and didn’t finish the bread.

IMG_1408-1.jpg

It was all delicious! I would say that the sausage wasn’t a great value for the portion, but the other 2 portions were large.

IMG_3266.jpg

So guess what? Tutto Gusto is my new favorite place in Epcot.

I realize it’s not for everyone, but if you like wine, small plates, Italian beer, and/or pasta (There were several reasonable pasta dishes) and you are without small children, I HIGHLY recommend it.  Heck, since you can get anything off the menu next door, I think there’s something everyone would like to eat. There are also hundreds of wines and some very rare beers. You can get glasses or flights, so you are able to try a lot. Our server, Fabio, was excellent and even brought us a beer sample. For me, it has a lot of similar qualities to La Cava but is larger (you can actually get a seat), more romantic, and has more food choices.

From there, we walked through the U.S. We had considered getting BBQ, but we were too full. Plus, Jason makes killer BBQ, so it would be hard to compare.

Next was Japan. I even braved walking by the “pearls you do not mention” because we were kid free.

IMG_1409.jpg

Ewwwwwwww

IMG_1410-1.jpg

I love koi. It’s too bad the birds in our neighborhood kept eating ours.

IMG_1411-1.jpg

The night’s not over yet, but I’m out of time to write for now, so I’ll finish up in the next post.

OK, I'll give you that.

But, where I come from, there might be one football game a year where I'm wearing a sweatshirt.  And some years, there aren't any.

TCD

We usually have 3 that we can wear once at some point. I have a friend who screen prints. Except to see some with a G coming this fall.

What a romantic start to your second date night.

Course, I'm hungry again.  Thanks. ;)

The food for the entire night was VERY good.

Makes me want to eat, and I'm not even hungry!  Thanks. 

Sorry! It was yummy!

Never been there but it looks like you guys had a good time.

I like to stop and check out the Koi also.

You wandered into Hello Kitty Hell on purpose?

I understand you were full when you got to the USA, but there is always room for funnelcakes.

We love koi. We just put goldfish in our little pond now because one heron can take out almost all of them in 1 night. We didn't really MEAN to go into Kitty Hell. We were just enjoying shopping without a little one. I love funnel cakes but was honestly that full.

Let’s wrap this trip up. Well, actually while this update will end the trip, it will not be my last. I should get my photopass CD soon and will post some of my favorite pictures from that.

We saw the walls up for the new waterfront restaurant in Morocco. We looked around a bit, but I was ready for a drink AND I knew what drink I wanted.

Ahhhh….. sweet France!

IMG_1413.jpg

And you know what’s funny about BFM’s topiary pictures? I took some of the same ones here, even though I hadn’t taken many along the way. I love Beauty and the Beast.

IMG_3269.jpg

IMG_1414.jpg

This was about the time I told Jason that there is some speculation about whether the topiaries are real since they tend to be the same year after year. So he checked. And they are.

We spent some time in France and then headed to the United Kingdom, where I got the 3 trifles.

IMG_1416.jpg

Aren’t they pretty? The berry and chocolate were very good, but the green tea was gross. I should say that I’m not a green tea fan in general, but I figured I’d try it.

The mozzarella and tomato salad had caught my eye looking at the menu before we got there, but we had eaten that in Italy, so I skipped it.

So here comes the weird teenage moment. And I teach teens, so if I say it’s weird it is. Disclaimer: it’s also kind of gross.

IMG_1415.jpg

So the above picture shows some kids in some interesting clothes. But that’s not the weird part.

I head the girl in the striped dress and her friend introduce themselves to the Batman boy. Now maybe a couple of the kids knew each other, but they didn’t. He talked about being sunburned and then she started peeling his back. What the Fort? They just met. Nasty.

On to Canada

I thought this was funny.

IMG_1418-1.jpg

The beer line there was long, so we moved on….. To the Fruits by the Glass booth

I got the Watermelon Passionfruit Cocktail. It was delicious. But for $7.50 it was small.

IMG_1420.jpg

From there we went shopping. I had hoped to get into the TT line just before closing, but since it was down so long, the line was still loooooooooooooooong. We skipped Illuminations and headed back to the Fort.

The next morning I went to pay our bill with the gift cards I had saved.

IMG_1423.jpg

They had already charged our balance, but they processed a refund for the difference. Good to know for next time…. I need to pay our balance using the gift cards the day before we leave. I intended to but didn’t make it over.

Pretty flowers at the Fort.

IMG_1421.jpg

IMG_1422.jpg

So that’s the end of the trip. We headed back to GA and actually made good time.

But this won’t be the last update. Like I said, I’ll post some photopass pictures when I get them.

And there’s that Poly trip coming in July!

I love the idea of the small plates things.  Is this a lounge that won't let in teenagers or can I bring them with me?  I was thinking of doing this for a late lunch/earlier dinner on our first Epcot afternoon.

Those teenagers are way grosser than my own teenagers.  [well the 11 isn't really a teen, but he likes to think so]

Looking forward to the photopass updates.

I am sad that the trip is over.  But, I'm glad that there will be some photopass photos at some point.

I've never been in that Tutto place.  I will need to check it out.  I like the fact that you can order from the main menu in there.  That is good information to know for busy times.

Thanks for taking the time to write this report and post all the photos.  You did a great job.

TCD

Those pics from Tutto look great.  I love small plates....trying different things.  Add in booze and it's a great evening!

I agree! You guys need to get a date night, or at least a date hour, and try it out!

I love the idea of the small plates things.  Is this a lounge that won't let in teenagers or can I bring them with me?  I was thinking of doing this for a late lunch/earlier dinner on our first Epcot afternoon.

Those teenagers are way grosser than my own teenagers.  [well the 11 isn't really a teen, but he likes to think so]

Looking forward to the photopass updates.

Yes, kids of all ages can go. There are no restrictions. I will say that there were not many kids in there. I wouldn't hesitate to bring kids the ages you have. I would not bring my 4 year old.

I am sad that the trip is over.  But, I'm glad that there will be some photopass photos at some point.

I've never been in that Tutto place.  I will need to check it out.  I like the fact that you can order from the main menu in there.  That is good information to know for busy times.

Thanks for taking the time to write this report and post all the photos.  You did a great job.

TCD

Thanks for the kind words! I'm wondering if the word will get out about Tutto Gusto. We were there during a super busy week and it was half empty at dinner time. If you want a full meal, there are plenty of regular and high top tables where doing so would be easier. I'm excited to get the photopass pics!

Wow date night # 2 was great.   I may just steal borrow that plan for July...

You should! It was a blast. I'm actually planning on taking Z to the sitter and going back to Tutto Gusto with my mom in July. PS- When is your trip? We're looking for people for a mid-July photopass share.

Tutto is a favorite place of mine too!!!!  The sparkling Muscato, yummmmm

I don't like Tequila, so have never really found an appeal for LaCava. 

I didn't try that. You could go to Tutto TONS of times and never eat or drink the same thing! I'm not sure I've ever seen a wine list that long. I'm excited to return. I can't drink tequila straight, but I do enjoy margaritas. You should try the coffee one. It tastes like a frozen coffee drink.