Old Test Track Queue Props for Sale

That site is pretty cheesy.   My uneducated guess:  the site stays the same, the only merchandise that gets listed separately is anything that shows up on ebay or in a local magazine article.

I've known about this place and always wanted to go there, but each year I forget.  Maybe next year.

And wasn't there another place a bit of a drive from FW where they sold off old DW stuff?  What am I thinking of?

That site is pretty cheesy.   My uneducated guess:  the site stays the same, the only merchandise that gets listed separately is anything that shows up on ebay or in a local magazine article.

I've known about this place and always wanted to go there, but each year I forget.  Maybe next year.

And wasn't there another place a bit of a drive from FW where they sold off old DW stuff?  What am I thinking of?

There was, and the last time I was there it wasn't worth the drive. I can't offhand remember the name of the place. I plan on going to themepark connection on my next trip. I almost think these guys and the other guys were in business together once, had a store near the airport. They split sometime a few years ago and opened separate stores. When I was at the old store near the airport, they had some cool stuff like the bus that was in a Sandra Bullock movie, a motorcycle Arnold rode in one of his films, and the front end of a monorail.

John-  Are you thinking of Mouse Surplus in Haines City?  I think they closed up a couple of years ago.

TCD

THAT'S IT!!!

They used to literally go thru Disney's trash until Disney discovered there was a market for their junk, then they sold it to them. After they moved out to the boonies, I went and bought a cool shirt from Animal Kingdom, but they really didn't have too much cool stuff. They did have a bathroom from the 20,000 leagues area that looked like it was the inside of a submarine, but that wasn't for sale. At the old place by the airport it seemed like they had better stuff, that was before the split. I remember going thru a big bin of old castmember badges and finding a couple of Jim's that I bought. I remember a life size mannequin of Walt from someplace and one of Jack Sparrow.

That sounds right. Too bad it's closed. 

So is there any place else this crap ends up?

Like FWG said above, I think Disney must do things differently now so there isn't enough inventory for a company like Mouse Savers to have a viable business.

I was lucky enough to visit the CM store a year ago, and they have a section there where they had furniture and fixtures from the parks and resorts for sale to CM's.  I think the good stuff gets snapped up there. 

I suspect that there are multiple smaller eBay sellers who have access to the CM store, and that is where everything ends up now.  Instead of one or two big sellers of crap, there are probably hundreds.  Makes it a lot harder to find anything good.

TCD