I have no idea why I am just now finding out about this show, but I am intrigued....We have never seen it...what do you all think about it? I may have to add it to the list next visit! And, while I am at it...what are your favorite things to do at Hollywood Studios. The day we went last year was rainy and I had a grumpy 6 year old with me, so I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked...What are your favorite things to do/see there?

I really enjoy Fantasmic! However, it is a HUGE time drain. If there is only one show that night, then you have to get there 90 minutes early, then wait in a HUGE stadium with only bleacher seating, etc., etc.

There is a Fantasmic dinner package that gets you priority seating that saves some of the time drain, but that's if you want a really early dinner.

We LOVE Toy Story Mania, Rock n Roller Coaster, Hollywood Tower of Terror, and Star Tours. Other family friendly favorites are Muppet Vision 3D, Great Movie Ride, I LOVE wandering through One Man's Dream, but have no little ones. 

I really enjoy Fantasmic, but it is a huge amount of time.  I'm also not a waiter, so I rarely have good seats. I just can't wait in line more than 20 minutes for much of anything. Usually, we try to do it when there's a second show and walk in about 15 minutes before it starts. You usually don't get the best seats, but I've always gotten a seat. 

My one concern would be how much your party likes Disney. On one of my first trips, a coworker said that he wasn't sure I should see it until later in the trip because it was "A lot of Disney all in your face all at once." I think that's true.

As far as attractions, I love DHS. Star Tours, RNRC, ToT, TSM are favorites. I also think the theming in that part is incredible.

Enjoy!

Ditto what the others said. We do the dinner package and can get reservations at mama melroses around 5:00 and that gives us enough time to do another ride or to before the fantasmic show. But it depends on the time of the year. Summer time shows are later winter shows are usually early. With just a little research you should be able to find a dinner package that will work you

I wouldn't do it without the dinner package. We just don't wait that long for anything. It's a pretty good show though. Despite Dave thinking it SMB.

Correct.  Fantasmic is definitely on my SMB list.  I hate it.  There were parts that were pretty scary for my little ones.  Ok, maybe they were scary for me.  What can I say?  SMB all the way. 

I do highly recommend the Beauty and the Beast stage show though.  I thoroughly enjoyed that. 

As others have said, if you visit Hollywood Studios on a night when there are two showings of Fantasmic- you can typically show up 10 or 15 minutes before the start of the second show and get a decent seat.  No need to wait in any long lines or pay for a dinner package.  That way, you don't have any time or money invested in it- if you like it, maybe try for a better seat the next time.

One activity not yet mentioned is the animation class in the Magic of Disney Animation attraction.  It's a free activity where you get led through the drawing of a Disney character by a Disney animator.  They provide the paper and pencil, and you get to keep the drawing.  Fun and free!

I second Beauty and the Beast stage show and all the shows- the shows are a major part of DHS- make sure you get a schedule and see the shows.  Even the American Idol experience is fun to watch.  Use the shows as time fillers in between your Fastpasses.

TCD

Maybe it was the having to close my eyes due to all the water blowing in my face but I had a difficult time following fantasmic...but how they did it was pretty cool

LOL!

If you go late, you sit in the back, and you can watch the dummies who waited for an hour to sit close to the water have the water blown in their faces.

The first time we saw Fantasmic, it was a cold night, and it was windy- and we got pretty wet.  It was such a negative experience, that it was a couple of years before we went back.

Now, we see it just about every trip.

I have to agree with you about the story line, though.  It is kind of strange.  My girls love it, though, so I go.

TCD

You know we were in the line for all of about 20 minutes and that was because we were having ice cream. Honestly 90% of those who had waited in line chose the top of the bleachers. We let the kids choose...oops. I was very grateful when they lit the fire. The heat was awesome

Must have been a windy day, and those 90 percenters had been there before.  Otherwise, no way seats down front would have been open 20 minutes before the show.

Go on a non-windy day.  No water in the face- even up front.

TCD

By the way, had anyone else had problems with the restraints on RRC? Twice I have had were it wouldn't snap down that last notch. Makes for a very interesting and rough ride.

I had that on one of my rides last June.  That was an interesting ride.