You are as long as you stay outside the fence and just stare in!  :lol:

Sorry, we tend to be a little snarky here.  But, as you probably already found out, Disney does not allow this.  You are allowed go to the other resorts and look around.  I find that very interesting.  They are all decorated so uniquely.  And just getting to some of them by boat and monorail is half the fun!

Hope you have a great trip!

• 3 weeks later...

When we checked in last November they were still stamping the big red "no pool hopping" on the check-in documents.

I seem to recall reading that only DVC members are allowed to pool hop, but there are restrictions.  I've seen the info below attributed to the DVC member website, but can't locate the exact page (it may be behind the login)...

When staying on your Membership at Disney's Vero Beach Resort or any DVC Resort at the Walt Disney World Resort, you and any Guests staying with you are permitted to use most of the other Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool at the resort hotel at which you are staying) if they are not at capacity. If the pool you are visiting reaches capacity, you may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that resort hotel. Please check with a host or hostess at the front desk of the resort you wish to visit before you go to find out about pool-access availability. You must present your current Key to the World card with your "DVC Member" designation on it to use the other resort hotel pools.

Pool hopping is not available at the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, and the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas. There are no exceptions to this policy. As a reminder, during times of high occupancy, please be mindful of the limited number of pool chairs available, and refrain from leaving towels or personal items on unoccupied pool chairs.

There are also blockout dates for DVC members during peak periods.

Actually...pool hopping is allowed.  Guests of any Disney resort or even the locals (free loaders) are welcome to use the pool at the Fort.  Also feel free to use the pavilions, put your towels on all the chairs....

I forgot the Fort was the exception. 

Apparently everyone and his cousin is allowed to use that pool. 

Ok, here's the official, straight-from-The-Mouse policy on pool hopping...

Resort Guests may only use the pool(s) located at the resort in which the Guest is staying. Pool hopping to other resorts is not allowed.

Exceptions:

• Disney Vacation Club Members staying at a DVC Resort at the Walt Disney WorldResort and Disney's Vero Beach Resort are permitted to use other Disney Vacation Club and WDW Resort hotel pools (in addition to the pool(s) at the Resort where they are staying) if those pools are not at capacity. If the pool they are visiting reaches capacity, they may be asked to leave in order to accommodate Guests of that Resort hotel. They must present their current "Key to the World" card with the "Disney Vacation Club Member" designation on it to use other Resort hotel pools.
  • Pool hopping is NOT available at any time at Stormalong Bay and the leisure pools at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the pools atDisney's Art of Animation Resort and the pools at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney's Contemporary Resort (Including Bay Lake Tower). There are no exceptions to this policy.
  • Pool hopping is restricted at all pools during certain periods of high occupancy. Members should contact DVC Member Services if they would like more information.
  • Guests staying at Disney's Port Orleans Resort may utilize the pools in both Riverside and French Quarter.
  • Guests staying at Disney's All-Star Resorts may utilize all the pools at Sports, Music, and Movies.

As stated before, DVC members are also blocked out from pool hopping during certain peak periods.

Years ago you could use the other pools at resorts but I guess they needed to stop that and give an extra perk to the DVC members. I for one never found the time to go swimming at another resort other than my own. Especially with the water parks now. It is still allowed at the All Star value resorts(Sports, Music, Movies). I read a question  on Disneys Moms Panel from someone at the fort visiting parents at Wilderness lodge if they could  visit them and swim at the lodge and they said yes. But the other day I saw the same question from a person staying at Pop visiting family at AOA and they answered no. AOA must be gold! LOL! I kind of resent their fences at AOA , afraid of Pop guest but yet AOA can have the run of the mill (sort of speaking) at POP! LOL!

I believe anyone can swim in the canals at the Fort. This is apparently an underutilized benefit, since I have never had to share a canal with anyone outside of the local fauna and some leeches. Swimming suits are optional.

Years ago you could use the other pools at resorts but I guess they needed to stop that and give an extra perk to the DVC members. I for one never found the time to go swimming at another resort other than my own. Especially with the water parks now. It is still allowed at the All Star value resorts(Sports, Music, Movies). I read a question on Disneys Moms Panel from someone at the fort visiting parents at Wilderness lodge if they could visit them and swim at the lodge and they said yes. But the other day I saw the same question from a person staying at Pop visiting family at AOA and they answered no. AOA must be gold! LOL! I kind of resent their fences at AOA , afraid of Pop guest but yet AOA can have the run of the mill (sort of speaking) at POP! LOL!

Everytime we've been to AOA the gate to the pool is w i d e open.

Years ago you could use the other pools at resorts but I guess they needed to stop that and give an extra perk to the DVC members. I for one never found the time to go swimming at another resort other than my own. Especially with the water parks now. It is still allowed at the All Star value resorts(Sports, Music, Movies). I read a question  on Disneys Moms Panel from someone at the fort visiting parents at Wilderness lodge if they could  visit them and swim at the lodge and they said yes. But the other day I saw the same question from a person staying at Pop visiting family at AOA and they answered no. AOA must be gold! LOL! I kind of resent their fences at AOA , afraid of Pop guest but yet AOA can have the run of the mill (sort of speaking) at POP! LOL!

Even though there are three named resorts, All-Stars is one resort, so pool hopping is ok.

Pop Century and the AOA are separate resorts, so the WDW pool hopping policy applies.

The WL and FW are part of the "Wilderness Region" so I think they look the other way regarding pool hopping.

I believe anyone can swim in the canals at the Fort. This is apparently an underutilized benefit, since I have never had to share a canal with anyone outside of the local fauna and some leeches. Swimming suits are optional.

Why be a local free loader and sneak in and swim in the canals when we can give them 2 pools, all the chairs and a pavilion or 2