Yeah, what is an Illinis? It's clear that the South has better mascots all around.

Very sad. I predict that wood is going to turn into expensive memorabilia... cuff links, pens, etc.

According to the official AU website authentic wood items from the tree will be available for purchase this summer:   

http://www.auburn.edu/communications_marketing/oaks/products.html

I wouldn't mind a toothpick or something.

But, I might not be able to afford it.

Harvey Updyke's sentence should have been that he had to personally chop up those trees with a dull ax and remove all the wood from the Corners.  I don't care if it took him 4 years of hard labor through all kinds of weather, he should have been sentenced to work there every day until it was done.  But like most moronic criminals destroying this country, he got off too easy.

Too bad you and I don't live in Alabama.

I'd vote for you for judge.

TCD

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TCD, congratulations to your daughter on her impeccable taste in graduate education facilities. :)   Some of the stories you were told either were wrong or have changed since I last heard them, though

Thanks everyone for the education on Auburn.   Congrats to the TCD girls, and may each choice made be all that they hope for.   The story about the oaks really does make me sad and is a commentary on

How sad...  Thank you Mr. Updyke...  once again you prove that even idiots and criminals wear badges.   That probably has me most upset.  He wasn't a drunk and stupid college kid with no maturity.  He was a trooper and knew what he was doing and that it was illegal.  I can only hope that there is a special place in hell for his type.

And I hope it was okay to post that.  Sorry if not.  I don't know the rules.  Thought it would be okay since the logo was on there. 

just in the future put the link on the bottom so everyone gets the credit and people can go to the website if needed  :)

Yeah, what is an Illinis? It's clear that the South has better mascots all around.

Very sad. I predict that wood is going to turn into expensive memorabilia... cuff links, pens, etc.

Oh yes, the trees are being cut up to make many many people very heavy in the pockets.  At least they are going to replace the trees.

Someone wrote in the paper today that part of Updyke's sentence should have been that he must report to serve a day in jail with no television, internet, radio, or phone access each day that the University of Alabama plays a football game for the next 10 years. 

I like that idea better than him spending a few more months in jail now.

Nice jobs of reporting TCD, Chris, and Jen...as well as complimentary comments by others.  Of course the Buckeyes had to grab Urban off the scrap heap to continue their game...(no disrespect, just SNARKY).. :wave1:

I attended that wonderful University (one quarter as API, then it changed to AU) in the '60's with two of my brothers, and later my oldest DS and a couple of DN's were also there.  All of us were in the band and one served as Drum Major.  Most of us are out of state now and as such, tuition makes any more going there remote.  Oh, and the one brother who did not go there due to poor high school grades wound up going to Troy, then getting a Doctorate from FSU.  Not to imply anything, he worked hard after high school.  It was a wonderful time to be in school...not just for the military deferment, but for the beautiful campus, the friendliness of the people and the lemonade at Toomers.

I think TCD DD#1 will enjoy her time there.  Congratulations to the entire TCD family and the separate, but inspired, choices they have made for further education.

• 1 month later...

I am happy for your DD who has chosen Auburn for her higher education.  However, I think she would have been much happier at Alabama...but of course I could be a bit prejudiced.  Our campus is beautiful with a lot of great history behind it.  Not to mention all the National Football Titles we hold.   :jumpforjoy

I've been meaning to post an update to this thread, but I had another trip report to finish.

Nice jobs of reporting TCD, Chris, and Jen...as well as complimentary comments by others.  Of course the Buckeyes had to grab Urban off the scrap heap to continue their game...(no disrespect, just SNARKY).. :wave1:

I attended that wonderful University (one quarter as API, then it changed to AU) in the '60's with two of my brothers, and later my oldest DS and a couple of DN's were also there.  All of us were in the band and one served as Drum Major.  Most of us are out of state now and as such, tuition makes any more going there remote.  Oh, and the one brother who did not go there due to poor high school grades wound up going to Troy, then getting a Doctorate from FSU.  Not to imply anything, he worked hard after high school.  It was a wonderful time to be in school...not just for the military deferment, but for the beautiful campus, the friendliness of the people and the lemonade at Toomers.

I think TCD DD#1 will enjoy her time there.  Congratulations to the entire TCD family and the separate, but inspired, choices they have made for further education.

Thanks, Ken.

My daughter has found that Auburn is a special place, and she has been very happy with her decision.

She really loves it there.

I am happy for your DD who has chosen Auburn for her higher education.  However, I think she would have been much happier at Alabama...but of course I could be a bit prejudiced.  Our campus is beautiful with a lot of great history behind it.  Not to mention all the National Football Titles we hold.   :jumpforjoy

I don't think I mentioned the names of the other schools who made offers to my DD, but one of them was in Tuscaloosa.  She briefly considered Alabama's offer, but ultimately chose Auburn.

The orientation departments of Auburn and Alabama do an exchange each summer where a team of three from each school comes to the other school to observe an orientation session.  My daughter just visited there for three nights last week.  She was glad that she did, because it confirmed that she made the right choice.  Alabama has a much higher enrollment than Auburn, and seems to be much less selective in their admissions.  Yes, they have a great football team, but academics are important too.

Wonderful report.  I am emotional with the fact that Lil H only has one more year of elementary schoo.  I'll be a wreck when it's time for him to become a Gamecock. :))  (Fortunately, USC is only an hour from us.)

Congrats to all three of the TCD girls! Best wishes for their futures!

Thanks, Kim.  Enjoy the times you are having with your boys.  Trust me, they go fast!

How old will the Old Ball Coach be when Lil' H finally gets there?

Now for a few update photos (lifted from DD's Facebook page) .

First, here is DD with her new boyfriend:

aubie_zps97cea615.jpg

I bought a plane ticket for DD to come down to WDW and see the TCD gang over Memorial Day weekend.  I had to cancel that, as she got a better offer.  She went to Lake Martin with some of her co-workers:

cwe_zps97466789.jpg

The CWE on their shirts refers to Camp War Eagle, which is what they call the orientation program there at Auburn.  DD is the short one- third from the left.

I love this last photo- it's DD and another staff member on the Auburn golf cart that Josh told us my DD would have a key to:

cwe2_zpscb103bba.jpg

It turns out that driving around on that golf cart is a big part of DD's job.  DD is on the left.

She has been at Auburn for almost two months now, and just loves it!

War Eagle!

TCD

How did I not see this trip report until tonight. Even though fort trip reports may not be as common as in the past, we all look forward to your 3 separate college trip reports in the future. I love the pic of the girls as little tikes wearing their future colors....priceless.

P.s.

We also can't wait for the trip report titled" Mr. And Mrs TCD do a solo fort trip with rocky"

Thanks, Kim.  Enjoy the times you are having with your boys.  Trust me, they go fast!

How old will the Old Ball Coach be when Lil' H finally gets there?

Now for a few update photos (lifted from DD's Facebook page) .

TCD

The time is going wayyyy too fast.  I can't even think about it.

How old will the OBC be when lil H gets there?  Hmmmmm.... hopefully alive.  Just kidding.  Well not really kidding.  I really do hope he is alive.  *hushing now*

It will  be 10 or 11 years before we have a little Gamecock among us.  He will be in 5th grade this year and will hopefully do a year or two at our local USC campus (USC @ Aiken) before hitting the big time in Columbia.

Looks like your daughter is having the time of her life!  Good for her!

The time is going wayyyy too fast.  I can't even think about it.

How old will the OBC be when lil H gets there?  Hmmmmm.... hopefully alive.  Just kidding.  Well not really kidding.  I really do hope he is alive.  *hushing now*

It will  be 10 or 11 years before we have a little Gamecock among us.  He will be in 5th grade this year and will hopefully do a year or two at our local USC campus (USC @ Aiken) before hitting the big time in Columbia.

Looks like your daughter is having the time of her life!  Good for her!

Yes, the oldest TCD daughter is having the time of her life.

Now, how about a little War Eagle gossip?

Does anyone remember how Jeff Foxworthy wore an Auburn T-shirt for an episode of the Great American Bible Challenge last year?

Neither did I.

But, thankfully, the War Eagle Reader covered this major news story:  http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2012/07/if-jeff-foxworthy-is-an-auburn-shirt-he-might-be-an-auburn-fan/#.UcyGSSrD-Uk

As stated in that article, Jeff's daughter was considering attending Auburn.

I got a text from DD yesterday telling me a celebrity was going to be visiting the campus today because his daughter will be attending Auburn in the fall.

I can't say who it is, because my daughter told me to keep it on the DL.

So, I'm not saying anything, but read the article and draw your own conclusions.

Oh, yeah, she also texted me a photo today of some guy with a moustache who was there on campus.  Can't post it, but he looks familiar.

TCD

If your daughter goes to college with Jeff Foxworthy's daughter.... you might be a redneck. ;D

Yup.

And smarter than a 5th Grader.

The cat is out of the bag, by the way.

The War Eagle Reader, ever on the cutting edge of world news, has officially reported that Mr. Foxworthy and his daughter attended Camp War Eagle today and . . . wait for it.  . . Jeff wore an Auburn shirt again!!!!

http://www.thewareaglereader.com/2013/06/jeff-foxworthy-attends-camp-war-eagle-with-daughter-wears-another-auburn-shirt/#.UcybGCrD-Uk

But, I knew all of this was going down yesterday.

I just couldn't say anything.

TCD