The Unexpected Journey

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the site was up last week, you might have noticed I have been absent.   The reason for the absence would be our last minute decision to take a trip.   I normally do not do trip reports because my l

DISCLAIMER: I suck at responding to every response. I can never remember the max number of quote blocks and I loose track of who I responded to and all that. So Im not gonna pretend. Lets just say tha

One thing to note, and a major difference between DL and WDW, is that all of the ride queues are outside. Once you walk through the doors of the attraction, you are boarding the ride.     So who guess

My first New Years eve away from home way back in 1990 was spent on the Las Vegas Strip and I celebrated my 21st birthday there as well. Ive been around 50 times as I used to live in the LA area, but those are the most notable.

I remember the New Years so well because there was a limo parked next to us and this old geezer gets out wearing a tux and a young blonde gets out wearing a wedding dress. They pop the trunk and start handing out bottles of Dom Pérignon.

My 21st I don't remember as vividly.

I know people who fly to Las Vegas and then drive the remaining 4 hours to DL.

Sounds crazy I know, but sometimes you can save 200+ per person on airfare.....as there are lots of Vegas deals to be had.

If you have a large family, that can save you a ton of money.

The larger airports or the ones with high traffic are usually cheaper. So yes, you can save a ton flying into Vegas or LA. But then have to get from the airport to DL area. Depending on where you are flying from, you may not want to make that long drive.

Great trip report!

Thanks for sharing the Disney love for the rest of us koolaid drinkers.

Thanks for reading.

• 3 months later...