• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lou makes good on the bet...

When we got on the bus to go back to the front, there were 2 other families with TE pizza box's. They looked quite jealous! The lady working at the junk booth made some kind of comment and I said TE

Sounds like a quickie.  Maybe they're testing a particular mortar/effect.

Disney doesn't use mortars, IE, black powder, to fire their fireworks. Ever notice how quiet they are as they go up?

Disney invented and holds the patent for firing fireworks by using a compressed gas, also known as compressed air.

They also use electronic fuses that are able to detonate the explosion at exactly the right time. That's how they're able to make the Mickey head.

You are a bottomless pit of knowledge, Lou!  

Thanks, uhh, I think.

They conducted a test a couple of weeks ago too.

I have been litigating this with Disney for 3 years now.  I'm hoping they offer to settle.  I'll give up the patent for a salted caramel. 

Below are the names of the inventors on the Disney fireworks patent. I don't see Dave D Schmuckface on there.

G. William Adamson
Thomas B. Craven
W. Ronald Froelich
S. Bruce Johnson
H. Michael Peterson
W. Kyle Poor
W. John Sogge
G. William Wiedefeld

Thanks, uhh, I think.

They conducted a test a couple of weeks ago too.

Below are the names of the inventors on the Disney fireworks patent. I don't see Dave D Schmuckface on there.

G. William Adamson
Thomas B. Craven
W. Ronald Froelich
S. Bruce Johnson
H. Michael Peterson
W. Kyle Poor
David D. Schmuckface
W. John Sogge
G. William Wiedefeld

Look closer.

Disney doesn't use mortars, IE, black powder, to fire their fireworks. Ever notice how quiet they are as they go up?

Disney invented and holds the patent for firing fireworks by using a compressed gas, also known as compressed air.

They also use electronic fuses that are able to detonate the explosion at exactly the right time. That's how they're able to make the Mickey head.

I'm going to call a 1/2 B S on this one. The large fire works fired off outside the magic kingdom are the old fashion kind. You can see the fuses burning as the go up before they explode. The ones inside the park fired off the top of building and such I can belive.

I'm going to call a 1/2 B S on this one. 

Recently someone, actually two people, doubted something I posted. To get a definitive answer, I contacted the person at WDW who would absolutely know the answer and asked him. His email to me, which I posted here, confirmed that what I said was correct. Will I have to do the same with you numbnuts?

But before I do, you might want to do 30 seconds worth of research or go back to where they fire off the fireworks and look at the tubes. They are used night after night and that wouldn't be the possible if they were using black powder in those tubes night after night.

Also to make it interesting I think a small wager is in order. I will bet you one extra large pizza, delivered.

I will await your response schmuck face.

Recently someone, actually two people, doubted something I posted. To get a definitive answer, I contacted the person at WDW who would absolutely know the answer and asked him. His email to me, which I posted here, confirmed that what I said was correct. Will I have to do the same with you numbnuts?

But before I do, you might want to do 30 seconds worth of research or go back to where they fire off the fireworks and look at the tubes. They are used night after night and that wouldn't be the possible if they were using black powder in those tubes night after night.

Also to make it interesting I think a small wager is in order. I will bet you one extra large pizza, delivered.

I will await your response schmuck face.

Wow! Black powder used in a metal tube can't be used over and over? Don't tell all those people using those cannons for the last couple hundred years that! A wager does sound like the aproperate thing to do.

The wager is they don't use compressed gas to shoot the large fireworks that are not "inside" the MK.

Deal?

And to up the bet, I say that the same fireworks as mentioned in the previous bet do not have electronic fuses to detonate the firework in the air.

Lets say add pepperoni? Just to make things interesting. :-D