Tickets to the 2013 Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (MVMCP) are on sale starting TODAY.

Tickets can be purchased by calling 407-W-DISNEY, at ONLINE or at these locations:

WDW Resorts

Disney Planning Centers

WDW Swan & Dolphin

DVC Club Member Services

WDW Theme Parks and Water Parks

Downtown Disney Guest Relations

ESPN Wide World of Sports Welcome Center

Shades

Date's for this year's MVMCP are...

November 8, 11, 14, 15, 17, 21, 22

December 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20

Party hours are officially 7pm - 12am however in past years you have been able to enter the park with your party ticket at around 4pm. 

ONLY your party ticket is required to attend, you do not need a regular park admission as well.

Ticket prices are:

ADVANCED SALES

All nights except 12/20:

Ages 10+ =  $62 + tax

Ages 3-9 = $57 + tax

NOTE: Advance Sale pricing not available for 11/22, 12/6, 12/13, 12/19, 12/20

SAME DAY SALES

All nights except 12/20:

Ages 10+ =  $67 + tax

Ages 3-9 = $62 + tax

PREMIUM NIGHT

December 20

Ages 10+ =  $71 + tax

Ages 3-9 = $66 + tax

PASSHOLDER & DVC DISCOUNTED

ADVANCED SALES TICKETS

Available Only 11/8, 11/11, 11/14, 11/15, 11/17, 11/21, 12/1, 12/3, 12/5, 12/10

Ages 10+ =  $58 + tax

Ages 3-9 = $53 + tax

• Discounted tickets are available for specific dates (above) for DVC Club Members and Annual Passholders with the following: Premier Passport, Premium Annual Pass, Annual Pass, Seasonal Pass, Weekday Select Pass, Epcot After 4pm Annual Pass
  • Passholder discounted tickets must be purchased in advance.
  • Passholders may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to 3 Guests
  • DVC Members may purchase discounted tickets for themselves and up to 5 Guests
  • All discounted tickets will be available for pickup at Will-Call.  A valid annual pass or DVC Member ID must be shown at time of pick-up.

We've done MVMCP twice.  To be honest we only did it the second time because my aunt and uncle were with us.

The parade is cool - and you can't see it otherwise in the park unless you're at MK after the last party through the holidays. 

There are lots of character meet and greets - including some characters that you rarely see and the regulars in their Christmas get-ups.  That's not something we're big into, but if you are, this actually might be for you.

There are a limited number of tickets sold, so crowds aren't horrendous.  And since a lot of people do go for the characters, dance parties and shows, it actually can be a good time to ride without long waits.

The "free" cookies and hot chocolate are yummy.

We enjoyed it, but I don't think it's something we'll do again unless we have an extra bag of cash sitting around and can't think of anything else to do with it.  8)

Now that said, we really loved MNSSHP and will definitely be doing that one again.

If it's in your budget, it's one of those WDW things that you should do once at some point, especially with your kids being the ages they are.

Will you miss out on anything special if you don't do it, nope.

We've done MVMCP twice.  To be honest we only did it the second time because my aunt and uncle were with us.

The parade is cool - and you can't see it otherwise in the park unless you're at MK after the last party through the holidays. 

There are lots of character meet and greets - including some characters that you rarely see and the regulars in their Christmas get-ups.  That's not something we're big into, but if you are, this actually might be for you.

There are a limited number of tickets sold, so crowds aren't horrendous.  And since a lot of people do go for the characters, dance parties and shows, it actually can be a good time to ride without long waits.

The "free" cookies and hot chocolate are yummy.

We enjoyed it, but I don't think it's something we'll do again unless we have an extra bag of cash sitting around and can't think of anything else to do with it.  8)

Now that said, we really loved MNSSHP and will definitely be doing that one again.

Thanks Lou and Mo.

No comment on my "Convince me" opening?

We've been to MVMCP twice.  Got in free the first time, and the second time the price was included in our attendance to D23's Magic & Merriment.  So we haven't actually had to fork over money just to attend.

In 2009 I wanted to attend but knew that David wouldn't spend the money willingly.  So I asked for tickets as my birthday present.  He couldn't turn me down.  A few days before I had fallen in MK and injured the knee I had surgery on the year before, so I was in a wheelchair for several days.

The evening before we wanted to attend, David went to the concierge at the fort to purchase the tickets.  The not-so-nice man informed David that he was busy closing out the HDDR and didn't have time to sell him tickets to MVMCP.  This really irritated us because that meant we wouldn't get the discount for prior day purchase.

So the next morning we went back to the concierge (thankfully a different one) and explained that we had tried to purchase tickets the night before but were refused.  She called her boss ... who called his/her boss ... who called his/her boss ... to make a long story short, we were GIVEN free tickets.  OH HAPPY DAY!

That night we attended MVMCP.  The parade was fantastic.  The snow on Main Street was fantastic.  The dance parties and character meet and greets were so crowded that we couldn't get near them. 

David was tired and cranky from pushing me around in the wheelchair all day long, so we left early.

In 2010 we again attended MVMCP as part of M&M.  It was nice to be able to walk around.  Again we enjoyed the parade and the snow, but having seen them the past year they weren't as enchanting.  Cookies and hot chocolate?  Try being a low carber.  They had sugar-free cookies at one location in the MK.  And they were nasty.  And no sugar-free beverages.  And it was about 40 degrees that night with a stiff wind.  We (literally) suffered through the fireworks and left.  Couldn't stand the cold any longer.

My recommendation?  Attend once.  See what it's all about.  Be prepared for crowds.  Take warm clothing just in case.  And then decide for yourself.

I've done it a few times, but the MVMCP trips were all before the parties were crowded, so I can't comment on that.

I actually really enjoyed this one. I'm not usually one for character photos, but these were some great ones. The parade is good, but you can see it on tv Christmas Day. The fireworks are great, but I also like them from the beach at the Fort. The cookies, well, they SMB in my opinion.

Definitely go once if its in the cards financially. I don't think you'll dislike it. You may even love it.

We have done the Christmas Party once and Halloween a couple of times.  Halloween wins hands down.  Matthew and I will be down in November for an anniversary trip and due to too many health issues here, the kids will be coming with us, but staying with friends.  I am surprising them with tickets for a night at the party to end our week down there.  I can't keep a secret so I have already told my oldest who can keep a secret.  I at least have a plnning partner.  Love the fact that there are a limited number of tickets sold so the crowd is relative.  It can be crowded but it is not the same as during the day IMO.  Plan an easy day that day so everybody is rested it can be a late night. 

I'm in for Dec17th.  My kids have never been to Disney let alone the MVMCP and my Dad was willing to pick up the tix, so we've go nothing to lose!  

I'm EXCITED for the Very Merry Wallet Drainer!!

• 3 weeks later...

I've done MVMCP two or three times and would like to go again this trip, but the only date that would work well for us is opening night, November 8th, which is a Friday. I'm not sure if this means the crowds will be huge or tiny. I can see it going either way. Has anyone been to it so early in the season?

I've done MVMCP two or three times and would like to go again this trip, but the only date that would work well for us is opening night, November 8th, which is a Friday. I'm not sure if this means the crowds will be huge or tiny. I can see it going either way. Has anyone been to it so early in the season?

The first few are usually busy. The reason is, people plan their vacation so they can hit the Halloween and Christmas parties. So they do the last of the MNSSHP and the first MVMCP. The parties themselves will be busy, not necessarily the parks during the day. The middle dates are the best ones to attend crowd wise.

I can see the crowds being smaller at certain times, but tiny, I don't know about that.

Well, as Santa, I get a lot of feedback from folks about the "lengthening of the season". People actually seek me out to complain that Lowe's has Christmas stuff out in October... like it was my idea! I was hoping that sentiment might keep the crowds low for early MVMCP's.

Although we have been to Disney many times during the holidays we have never done the Christmas Party.  What do those of you who have been think of us going with 2 in wheel chairs and possibly a stroller?    Help please!!!!!   Thanks.  Judy