Anyone tempted by the summer discounts or are you Die-Hard Campers?

I have to admit I am a little tempted with the discount! But.... I still have my reservation at the Fort! In fact I even made a reservation at AOA but then cancelled. I can't decide if the grandchildren (4 and 1)would like the Fort or AOA the best. Which would be the easiest? My 4 yr old grandson loves the Disney Cars movies and has collected a basket full of them. But... he also loves the outdoors, water slides, his bike, playground. He would love staying in the Cars Suites. But.. I think it would be easier riding the boats to Magic Kingdom than taking the bus. Because of the grandchildren and their age I see us visiting MK more this yr. My husband has told me "Do what you want, I want to make you happy" But with a BUT....!LOL! But.. you can have more days camping(he actually even added more to tempt me! LOL!), But.. you will have more spending money! But.. you won't have to haul all that stuff in and out of a room! But...you have a full kitchen in your camper! But you will have a grill! But....you have more & better beds in your camper! But... You will have a golf cart! LOL! Our grandson loved the golf cart at the beach! Like I said I am tempted to do AOA But... I don't really think my husband wants to! LOL! Even though he said do what you want! But......LOL! He thinks he is so sneaky and knows how to get his way! LOL!

For 6 of us in a suite the price with the summer discount would still be $ 2,400 From Saturday to Saturday(7 nights). We have reserved camping from Thursday to Saturday(9nights) for $1080 and a golf cart for $439. Even $300 for extra gas to pull the camper it is still alot cheaper to camp. My husband sees the suite not having as much as our camper does. Its just got one bed up and you have to make the other two. It has a mini Kitchen.(Small sink, Microwave, Small Fridge)My camper has a full kitchen inside and outside. I have one Queen bed in the bedroom, One almost full size bed over the outdoor kitchen, plus 2 bunk beds onthe other side. Then of course my sofa and table makes a bed. But.... I don't have to make those for just the 6 of us. My husband says I'm going to pay more and end up with less! LOL!

I checked on the Disney Website. Its a 15 % Discount. Fridays and Saturdays are $338.30 and Sun-Thurs are $295.80. The price actually would be $2,425 for 7 nights. If you didn't have a camper I guess the suite would seem a better deal! LOL! Two preferred rooms at All Star Music ($1050 each) or two standard rooms at Pop($1005 each) are actually cheaper than the suite.  We are taking our daughter and her family so what we get into is having to have two rooms or a suite.Suite would be nice for the kids because of the mini kitchen. But... then you get back to if you are going to cook why cook in a mini kitchen when you have a camper with more! LOL! If we camp we are taking them free.

To answer your question, Yes my AC works great. Best AC we have had in a camper!      

At those prices, I'd do the Fort. It's still a good bit cheaper.

I got a conference rate for the Poly, and my husband can't come (I'd have to rent a trailer or pop-up), so for my trip, the Poly is about the same price as the Fort. Even so, I'm going to miss it.  

We haven't camped at the Fort since 2007. I know you take the boat to MK but how do you get to the other parks. I thought we took one bus(From a bus stop at the Marina) to one of the theme parks and then I remember driving our truck  to the front of the Fort and took a bus to another theme park(Can't remember which one) I have just forgotten. Do you have to leave the Fort and catch another bus somewhere else to get to  a theme park now  or did I not understand what I read correctly. Any Answers appreciated!

We haven't camped at the Fort since 2007. I know you take the boat to MK but how do you get to the other parks. I thought we took one bus(From a bus stop at the Marina) to one of the theme parks and then I remember driving our truck  to the front of the Fort and took a bus to another theme park(Can't remember which one) I have just forgotten. Do you have to leave the Fort and catch another bus somewhere else to get to  a theme park now  or did I not understand what I read correctly. Any Answers appreciated!

You are remembering right- at one point, you had to go to the Transportation and Ticket Center to catch buses to the other parks.  And then for a time the AK and MGM (as it was called then) buses left from the Settlement.

It's much simpler now:  boat to MK, bus from the Outpost bus stop to all the other parks.  Since you will have a golf cart- just take your cart to the Outpost or Marina and park it there.  With no golf cart, you would need to catch one of the internal buses to the Outpost (for Epcot, Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom) or Settlement (for boat to MK).

TCD

The Fort has River Country and lots of water slides. Water is a little green, but that just adds to the atmosphere.

I have to admit we are tempted this year.  We have ressies for Halloween at the fort which is by far my preferred to vacation.  But we also have Pop ressies with free dining booked for sept.  With fuel & a gc for at the fort it's such a ridiculous amount of savings that I may cave in this year.  Maybe I need an intervention.  But then again this is the same conflict I've had four years in a row now. :1sm056pullhair:

As a authorized Disney Travel Agent, I can book a trip of up to 7 nights per year at a 50% discount. But we love the Fort so much we always stay there. AoA at 50% for the same 7 nights in a Family suite is $1,583.41. Where as my 7 nights at the Fort with a premium site is costing me $419.06. But even at normal rate $838.12. It cost us an extra $350 in gas to bring the camper with the truck instead of taking the car. So we still save $395.29 and we have a lot more room and enjoy the ambiance and peacefulness of the Fort. 

• 2 weeks later...

We postponed our anniversary visit from Jan to Sept just so we could stay at the fort. We can stay twice as long, eat better, have real coffee and all of our stuff. We did not want to try pulling the RV out of the NY snow bank in January and Dr wintertime. So come Sept we will be at the fort. Next winter the RV will not be subject to a snow bank because we are moving to GA this fall!!!!