Sign in to follow this  
BradyBzLyn...Mo

RUMOR: (CONFIRMED IN PART) Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster coming to Epcot

It will be like Avatar. Nobody will know who the guardians are in 4 years

I wish Epcot would remain the park without a roller coaster, especially if it is like the Harry Potter rides at Universal.  I would wait in line again in a heartbeat, but I spent my ride time remembering to breathe through my nausea.  Don't think the wait should be better than the attraction.

20 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

It will be like Avatar. Nobody will know who the guardians are in 4 years

Yes they will. Because unlike Avatar, they will be releasing Guardians of the Galaxy 6 that year. (I just made that up, but I'm the most unlikely audience for a Marvel type movie and I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.)

4 hours ago, Seals said:

Yes they will. Because unlike Avatar, they will be releasing Guardians of the Galaxy 6 that year. (I just made that up, but I'm the most unlikely audience for a Marvel type movie and I like the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.)

Unless they throw a big ol' stinker in the mix that turns folks off the franchise (unlikely), you're probably not far off.  Guardians has some legs as a franchise, and it seems the Marvel stuff is only picking up more and more steam, so you can be sure they're not going away any time soon.

4 hours ago, Seals said:

14 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Unless they throw a big ol' stinker in the mix that turns folks off the franchise (unlikely), you're probably not far off.  Guardians has some legs as a franchise, and it seems the Marvel stuff is only picking up more and more steam, so you can be sure they're not going away any time soon.

Also, there is an animate Guardians of the Galaxy series that is about to being its third series on Disney XD. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4176370/

Not to mention some pretty interesting characters- they already have a Star Lord, Gamora and big Groot meet and greet/dance party at Disneyland, and the Star Lord/Baby Groot meet and greet at WDW.  The Rocket (mutant raccoon) animatronic in the Mission Breakout ride at DCA is pretty cool.

Avatar doesn't have relatable characters like Guardians of the Galaxy does.

It will do fine.

TCD