when do you start to pack your travel trailer or motor home

About two hours or less before we leave.

If I over-think things - I take way more than we need.

Ditto. The basics are always in there. When the weather breaks I put back anything that would have froze over the winter. Then 2 days before I turn thr fridge on and start filling it.

At six weeks I start making lists, lists that I make my husband print out of the large index cards.  That way as I pack I can check them off.  this is about the same time I do route planning.  About 4 weeks out I will start parking clothes that we don't use everyday (swimsuits, any dressy clothes).  Two weeks out I start pulling clothes from the usual rotation and stocking up on the toiletries we need for the trip.  One week out, my DH and I go through everything I have packed and he starts pulling out things I've over packed!  This is when we do the trip grocery shopping and freeze the water jugs (we can't light our fridge in the drive as it's not level so we have to put frozen gallon jugs in the fridge and freezer until we can light the pilot) 

Two days out I start packing things into the trailer.

Yes, I am a little .... shall we say... over zealous but it helps to keep the excitement in check... especially if we are headed to Disney World!!

Depends on the trip.  For the most part, the camper stays packed year round.  For this upcoming trip on the 8th, I'll get in from travel on the 7th, Rick is going to lay everything out he can on the bed (we only need clothes). I'll load the heavy stuff in the truck, we'll hitch up and put the clothes in the drawers.  I have to go to work on the 8th for a couple of hours to plug the laptop back into the network and fill out my travel voucher(s) and timecard, and then we're off!!  When we get up on the 9th, we'll find out which Fiends are gonna be around and find out if we're doing any cookouts, then make a Wal-Mart run at some point.  Our trips are no longer about the parks, it's about chillin out and enjoyin the Fort and the Fiends!!!

Depends on the trip.  For the most part, the camper stays packed year round.  For this upcoming trip on the 8th, I'll get in from travel on the 7th, Rick is going to lay everything out he can on the bed (we only need clothes). I'll load the heavy stuff in the truck, we'll hitch up and put the clothes in the drawers.  I have to go to work on the 8th for a couple of hours to plug the laptop back into the network and fill out my travel voucher(s) and timecard, and then we're off!!  When we get up on the 9th, we'll find out which Fiends are gonna be around and find out if we're doing any cookouts, then make a Wal-Mart run at some point.  Our trips are no longer about the parks, it's about chillin out and enjoyin the Fort and the Fiends!!!

Your are coming on the 9th of March?:rofl2:? How long are u staying. May have to make a day trip to vist.

We are going in April and are starting to get things together.The trip is 8 weeks off but I know that will fly by

I am OP DW  ??? We have most everthing in the camper also, but it still seems like we have alot to get ready. When we camp here we are only 15min. from the house and we can just run home if we need to. I am sure I will over pack because I don't want to forget anything.

Everything stays in the camper except most clothes and our food stuff.

I do start my vacation non perishable food piles about 2 months away and stack that in the corner of the bedroom. Picking up a few items each week at the store like drinks, boxed dinners (mac n'cheese, etc), cookies, chips. So when we do the final grocery store run, it is just perishables.

I will start making sure we have everything on the 21st.  We have our last flyball weekend before we leave on April 8th to Disney.  We will be there for a full week.  It will be my DW, DD(18 Months) and my 2 Dogs in a little Rpod.  It will also be the longest trip (towing and length of stay) that we have taken.

I hope to everything packed the week before except food and clothes.  Everything else should already be in the camper.

I will have to put my dates in the calendar.

jon

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care if we start packing (or at least inventorying) two months ahead of time.  There are always enough things to do the last day or two that we leave at least a couple of hours later than we had planned.  And we ALWAYS overpack, especiallly food and clothes.  8)

• 5 weeks later...

Now that we (almost) have a camper again, what I'd like to do (but it probably won't work out that way) is:

Leave the camper packed with everything except food and other perishable items.

Have "Camping Clothes" that stay in there too.  Having sets for Hot & Cold weather would be ok - Just check what the weather is going to be like for our next trip to make sure we have the right set in the camper.  Ideally, the dirty clothes from one trip would go in the laundry after we return home, and get placed back in the camper for the next trip.  Dryer sheets in the closets/drawers can keep them 'fresh' and help keep bugs out, btw.

A few weeks before, make a menu for all the meals on our trip.  DON'T forget beverages!  Plan for what we can prepare ahead of time and freeze in a disposable aluminum pan (lasagne, etc.) and do so.  Make sure we have everything we need to prepare & cook those items (charcoal/gas for the grill, spices, etc) already in the camper.  This would also be a good time to make sure your LP Bottles are full.  Get the Camper refrigerator going a day or so before the trip starts, and load in the cold stuff the afternoon before departure.  All the other foods can be loaded at the same time.

Prescription Medications - If any need to be kept refrigerated, put them in when you add the cold foods.  The others, my local Wal-Mart has a package of small 'zip-lock' pill organizers that you can label with dates, times, etc that are perfect if you take too many to fit in the "normal" organizers.  100 of them cost me $1.25  I get them filled and labeled a day or so before the trip and place them in my "personal care bag".  That can go in the camper the day before, too.

I'm sure there is more that will get put on this plan, but right now I'm sort of numb from the Moneyectomy from getting the initial stores for the camper (it was Dave's fault  :rofl2: )