Life's a Beach! The GaDawgFan Family unwinds at Topsail Hill

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fixed Gwen's post to suit me. 

I agree the imbicile needs to go on Dave's DB thread. Keep it coming. I am really enjoying Topsail!

It is double red today, but it doesn't look like the wind will be too bad, and the rain will be tonight. I think we're going to head to the Track for some fun.

Sounds like a good plan.  The storm should blow through some time tonight.  Hopefully, it will suck all the moisture out of the Gulf with it.

You will have some good boogie boarding waves tomorrow.  Time to get Z on one of those.

TCD

It is interesting. I wonder who the guy that the campground part is names after is.... I'll have to write down his name next time I drive by, so we can find out.

The Track was a no-go. Way too much traffic into Destin. We went to the outlet mall instead because Z needed some shoes for a wedding. Somehow that turned into Jason getting a portable Bluetooth Bose speaker. Happy early Father's Day to him!!!!

Date night tonight!

Ooo, I love your date nights!  I can't wait to read about another one.

It was a short one, and I didn't take many pictures, so I'm probably going to disappoint you. We had a great time though.

Oh Wow!  That place looks more beautiful with every photo you post!   It seems very family/kid friendly also. 

H said that he tried and tried to get me to give Topsail a try to no avail... now Kelly talks it up a little, posts a few photos and I'm all over it! :))

Ha ha ha! You really should try it. It's super kid-friendly.

OK, we left off when we were about to go on a date night. We went to Vue, named because, I bet you can guess... they have a very nice view of the water. We had a drink before dinner on the patio. They had live music. It would have been nice to eat out there, but it was too loud to really talk.

This was the view while having drinks.

IMG_20431.jpg

We split a Caprese salad. It was excellent. Jason ordered a special cut of ribeye that was on special, and I ordered the whole fried read snapper. He was somewhat underwhelmed with his steak, but my fish was excellent.

IMG_20441.jpg

After some wine, it was time to head back.

Today was a beach day. I was enjoying my view of the water when something unusual happened.

IMG_2049.jpg

A family just came and plopped their stuff in front of us. Now, the beach at Topsail is not one of those places where you have rows and rows of chairs. It's a one row deal. No one sets up in front of other people. But these people did.

I was mad. Now I was looking at the backs of people instead of my ocean. And it made it difficult to see Z playing. So guess what I did....

IMG_2054.jpg

Yep, I plopped my chair about 5 feet in front of them. That's me in my blue chair. Ha ha ha! Jason was laughing so hard. The lady finally moved over (because I was blocking her view). I left my chair there anyway though. She also changed her and her daughter into their bathing suits on the beach, right in front of us, but that's another story.

It was time to teach Z to boogie board. The waves weren't as big as we thought they'd be.

IMG_8016.jpg

He caught on and loved it.

We took him to the sandbar for bigger waves.

IMG_8022.jpg

Selfie!

IMG_8021.jpg

There were lots of interesting little fish and sand crabs today. Z met some girls who were happy to catch them for him. No surprise there.

IMG_8024.jpg

After the beach we went to the Crab Trap for dinner. It's overpriced, but we love the view and the playground while we wait. No pictures from that. Sorry!

That lady belongs on the Jackwagon thread...or whatever I had called that thread that started with the idiot in line for TT that pushed Aaron's son. What a stupid fool! All that beach and she sits in front of you? And then proceeds to change her clothes? Was she from another land?

Nope, she was American as they come. I think my chair scared her husband away though. They even swam down the beach where there were open spots. That pissed me off more. But after I put my chair there, I just laughed about it.

I agree the imbicile needs to go on Dave's DB thread.

Keep it coming.

I am really enjoying Topsail!

I have a really great suggestion for you.... book the Memorial Day GG, and then come down here. That's what we're doing.

Thank you!  It was DB....not jackwagon.  I'm getting old. 

I was calling them much worse. Can we say all of the above?

Oh man, Seaside!

Those photos are hard for me to take!

That is my favorite place in the world!  Sorry, I even like it better than the Fort.

Y'all didn't do the photo op near Taco Bar right.

This is how it's done:

Yes, that is me being the dog way down at the bottom.

Do you know Troll from ff.net lives near there?  Him and Mrs. Troll have been known to visit Seaside.  Next time you're there, check under the bridge over Western Lake.

TCD

Yes, indeed, Seaside and Topsail are just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the Troll Cave. We spend lots and lots of time camping at Topsail.

But like it BETTER than the Fort? I don't know about that, now.

The Topsail campground is the #2 campground in the US, in my book. It's kind of like a Fort away from Fort, to me.

Alright old man, look back at my pictures. We did take that picture but just Z is in it. He had to wrestle a kid to get that much.

Oh troll, come out come out wherever you are.... Jason and I can get a babysitter (our friends are in the campsite next to us) and meet for drinks....

Ordinarily, Mrs. Troll and I would take you up on this offer, but I'm afraid Mrs. Troll is out of town on business right now. Next time!

Is there a GG for Memorial Day?

Yes, it's in TN. There is a thread on the Grand Gathering section with all the info.

Yes, indeed, Seaside and Topsail are just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the Troll Cave. We spend lots and lots of time camping at Topsail.

But like it BETTER than the Fort? I don't know about that, now.

The Topsail campground is the #2 campground in the US, in my book. It's kind of like a Fort away from Fort, to me.

Ordinarily, Mrs. Troll and I would take you up on this offer, but I'm afraid Mrs. Troll is out of town on business right now. Next time!

Well darn! Next time. We're here every June for a couple of weeks. I'm jealous you LIVE in this area and get to camp here regularly. Any restaurant suggestions?

The two-tier Memorial Day trip would be awesome! 

It would!!!!

:rofl2: @ you for sticking it the rude lady.    You are truly my kind. :))  (Jason wouldn't have been the only one laughing hard.)

These photos are just gorgeous!  What a spot to have a date nite!   etc... etc.... etc.....

Aren't you proud? It was priceless. I'm still laughing.

We just go back from Grayton Beach yesterday. It is the same there, you don't set up on the beach in front of someone. There is no reason to, anyway. There were all of five families on the beach at the busiest times (the times we finally had a yellow flag instead of double red!) I think I would have done the same as you!

We also ate at the Local Catch. It was good, but our favorite was Stinky's Fish Camp.

I was going to post a rainy day update yesterday, but the site was down. I couldn't really complain about the rain because we did avoid a tropical storm. So let's do a quick update before I watch the Game of Thrones finale.

Who is this person and why is the campground section named after him?

IMG_2056.jpg

Let's look at more sites....

Site 5- Tiny and no shade, dislike

IMG_2059.jpg

102... in my favorite section. It's a pull-thru but has a lot more privacy than the ones I didn't like.

IMG_2060.jpg

167... very similar to 102

IMG_2061.jpg

This kid is cute.

IMG_2062.jpg

Relaxing

IMG_2068.jpg

That night... I guess it was Saturday, we went to Rum Runners for dueling pianos. Apparently, it's also a cougar bar. All these older, local ladies were hitting on the men- even the ones with their wives. Interesting.

Sunday it rained, and rained, and rained.

Today it rained on and off. Again, can't really complain because it's been so nice. We went shopping. Tomorrow, we're taking a boat to Crab Island. That's always one of my favorite days of the trip!