Maybe a fiend can help me out and tell me one of the tricks to get a ressie. As some of you know we make 4-5 trips to the fort a year and we kinda splurge by going to many Disney restaurants. I know the Disney policy at least online is that you can only make reservations 6 months out from the date of the day you want to book. Since we are going to mvmcp on Dec 1st, I wanted to get ressies for BOG that night. I got online the morning exactly 6 months to the date which was the other day and no reservations were available. I called Disney Dining and the same thing. How can this be? Did everyone call at 12:01 am to book? IS there any way to get a reservation? Help

Maybe a fiend can help me out and tell me one of the tricks to get a ressie. As some of you know we make 4-5 trips to the fort a year and we kinda splurge by going to many Disney restaurants. I know the Disney policy at least online is that you can only make reservations 6 months out from the date of the day you want to book. Since we are going to mvmcp on Dec 1st, I wanted to get ressies for BOG that night. I got online the morning exactly 6 months to the date which was the other day and no reservations were available. I called Disney Dining and the same thing. How can this be? Did everyone call at 12:01 am to book? IS there any way to get a reservation? Help

Looks like 180 was yesterday for that date. People are all over that place like you wouldnt believe. If you dont get them the first day they are near impossible to get. Keep trying and dont be afraid to try for a larger number of people then you need. You can then call in and reduce the number the next day. Also as it gets to the last couple of days some people will cancel to avoid the no show charge. Might be able to get one then. Good Luck!

I was lucky.  I was able to get seated by standing at the front gate and waited for a no show.  Bonus table for 3 back in February.  Remember it is 180 days from your day 1.  Your day one has fallen within the time frame of all reservations starting before yours.  That is what I ran into for our Nov trip.  I changed days and I was able to get Staurday seating..not the Tuesday evening that I wanted.  Oh well. 

How many people are you trying to reserve for? I have read that their reservations system has a glitch that doesn't deal with odd numbers. Try making it for more people and then go back and cancel the extra people at a later date. Good luck!

Remember it is 180 days from your day 1.  Your day one has fallen within the time frame of all reservations starting before yours. 

Correct.  When staying at a Disney resort you can book reservations 180 days before check in, plus for the next 10 days of your trip.  So if you have a Fort reservation starting Dec 1, you could book 180 days ahead of that date and also for days through 12/10 (or 12/11...however the calculator works).

Correct.  When staying at a Disney resort you can book reservations 180 days before check in, plus for the next 10 days of your trip.  So if you have a Fort reservation starting Dec 1, you could book 180 days ahead of that date and also for days through 12/10 (or 12/11...however the calculator works).

Hate to tell you, Starbuc71 Dave, but you messed up.

As DIT explains above, if you have a resort reservation, and game the system, you could have made a reservation for BOG 190 days before the date you wanted to dine.  I think having dinner there before a MVMCP is a fantastic idea.  Apparently, so does everyone else.  Those reservations were long gone before you logged in at the 180 day mark.

I refuse to play this game.  For as long as Disney has had a dining reservation system, there have been people abusing it.  I guarantee you that the majority of those reservations were taken by travel agents who will offer them to their clients who haven't even booked trips yet, or by uberplanners who hold multiple reservations, which they will hold on to until 24 hours before.  The stupid cancellation fee they recently implemented has done nothing to stop this.  At least that was a step in the right direction, but it is no real deterrent for people who book multiple dining reservations for the same or consecutive dates, and then wait until the very last possible minute to cancel them.

TCD

Unfortunately there's no trick that I'm aware of and BOG seems to be *THE* hardest reservation to get right now.  :(

As TCD said, the real number is actually 190 - check-in date +10 days, so if you can possibly change your date, you might have better luck.

Saving that, keep trying - even up to the couple of days before.  BOG is on the list of those restaurants where you get charged if you don't cancel at least 24 hours prior, so people are likely to actually bother canceling if they find out they can't make it.

Good luck!

The only things the new policy helped was, you now cannot book two reservations for the same time.  I don't think the system allows you to book a 6pm at BOG and also a 6:10pm at another restaurant.  I could be wrong about that, but seem to remember that.  And it has cut down on no shows for the restaurants that have a cancellation policy.

The only things the new policy helped was, you now cannot book two reservations for the same time.  I don't think the system allows you to book a 6pm at BOG and also a 6:10pm at another restaurant.  I could be wrong about that, but seem to remember that.  And it has cut down on no shows for the restaurants that have a cancellation policy.

That's correct.  I'm not sure what the exact "buffer" is, but you cannot book 2 reservations for pretty much the same meal time - i.e., dinner hours or lunch hours.

If you try and book another reservation, it will tell you this and give you the option to book the new one and cancel the old one at the same time.

That's correct.  I'm not sure what the exact "buffer" is, but you cannot book 2 reservations for pretty much the same meal time - i.e., dinner hours or lunch hours.

If you try and book another reservation, it will tell you this and give you the option to book the new one and cancel the old one at the same time.

Seriously?  Like that is going to stop anyone?  All you need is another email address and the name of another guest in your party, real or imagined.

TCD

Hate to tell you, Starbuc71 Dave, but you messed up.

As DIT explains above, if you have a resort reservation, and game the system, you could have made a reservation for BOG 190 days before the date you wanted to dine.  I think having dinner there before a MVMCP is a fantastic idea.  Apparently, so does everyone else.  Those reservations were long gone before you logged in at the 180 day mark.

I refuse to play this game.  For as long as Disney has had a dining reservation system, there have been people abusing it.  I guarantee you that the majority of those reservations were taken by travel agents who will offer them to their clients who haven't even booked trips yet, or by uberplanners who hold multiple reservations, which they will hold on to until 24 hours before.  The stupid cancellation fee they recently implemented has done nothing to stop this.  At least that was a step in the right direction, but it is no real deterrent for people who book multiple dining reservations for the same or consecutive dates, and then wait until the very last possible minute to cancel them.

TCD

I figured I messed up somehow.  I would actually set an alert to my phone to let me know it was the 180 day mark.  My daughter was so excited to go to BOG.  The problem with MVMCP is that I wanted to get a 4 or 5pm ressie so the majority of the night was not sitting in a restaruant.  Actually I would probably take anything after 4, well, maybe...lol.  I'l  have to remember the 190 day thing.  As other have said, the new "my disney experience" reservation system is good but not always working properly.  Sometimes it would recognize my resort reservation on the dining calendar and sometimes it wouldn't.  I tried to book trails end for Thanksgiving like we always do and the WDW website said no availability but the my Disney experience site did have it...go figure. 

Correct. When staying at a Disney resort you can book reservations 180 days before check in, plus for the next 10 days of your trip. So if you have a Fort reservation starting Dec 1, you could book 180 days ahead of that date and also for days through 12/10 (or 12/11...however the calculator works).

Actually this is right. And they open up a little more availability each day during the window. Keep trying, but the first day of your trip is the hardest to get.

Actually this is right. And they open up a little more availability each day during the window. Keep trying, but the first day of your trip is the hardest to get.

So if Starbuc71 wanted a reservation for 12/1, he should have made a fake FW reservation for an arrival of like 11/15, and then waited until it was 190 days before 12/1 and then made that BOG reservation.

Then, he could cancel or change the FW reservation, and keep the dining reservation.

Like I said, you have to game the system.  That is what everyone else is doing , and why there is nothing open at the 180 day mark.

TCD