Dumb Questions about Photopass +

I've never used this service.

But since our next trip will be with four of our grandchildren, I'm considering prepurchasing it. Mainly for our DS and DDIL. They can't afford to go to WDW often, and I'd like to have some good photos of all of us there together.

How do I get our ride photos and meal photos transferred to the PP+?

On the web site it says I have 30 days to order a CD. Is there another cost, or is this included in the purchase price?

Can I make copies of the CD?

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I was late. I thought you handled it pretty well. Plus it was entertaining to watch.

Ok,   PP+ works just like the regular PP service in regards to regular photos. See a photographer, get your picture taken, scan your card, its yours.   The plus part about it is you also get all your

It's about time you showed up. I've been taking a beating from the ladies, not that there's anything wrong with that.

You'll get the definitive scoop from Dave (Devores) when he sees this.

Also, GeorgiaDawgFan/Kelly from the consumer's point of view.  She has purchased the CD's before.

As has SSB/Beckers, who I see already commented.  SSB- I think you should chime in after Dave to give your perspective as someone who laid out money for one.

TCD

Also, GeorgiaDawgFan/Kelly from the consumer's point of view.  She has purchased the CD's before.

As has SSB/Beckers, who I see already commented.  SSB- I think you should chime in after Dave to give your perspective as someone who laid out money for one.

TCD

I have purchased the regular Photopass CD's in teh past but she is asking about the Photopass+ which include some meal photos and some ride photos. I have not used that one so I am digging through my material trying to find the specifics for Gwen. Dave might beat me to it though. 

Okay so this is a very corny video Disney produced as an ad for Travel Agents to use. It does answer a lot of questions you might be having Gwen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZnCLjYCpuM&list=PL38E2ED5E20C380EC&index=4

For some reason the link isn't working on here. I will send it to you on Facebook Gwen. 

TCD

Kelly and Beckers, come on, get real. One lives in GA, and pretends to like it and the other one is voluntarily moving out of FL for PA. That's like asking you how you like the Four Seasons resort. And then there's Jason, I'm leaving that one alone.

Dave, where the heck are you, they're ganging up on this feeble old man.

I am very pro photo pass. We haven't done a trip without it. We have not done photo pass +, for us it wasn't worth it at the time because we weren't eating at the restaurants it included and I don't think the rides were something we were going on because of Adam's age or something.

A few reasons I love it, we don't have to play pass the camera. When its a large group you don't have to give them 4 different camera so that everyone gets a group shot. When my brother and his family came with us, they only had one camera but with photo pass him and his wife could each take one kid and see different characters and just have the photo pass photos taken.

If I forget my camera, the battery dies, the card is full, I know I can have pics still taken that day.

Magic shots are fun!

I can enjoy the character interactions by seeing my son first hand, not from behind the camera were I feel you lose something because you are concerned about the shot and not what is going on.

DEVORES- can you confirm, if you per order the CD and then decided it wasn't worth it once you log on, they will refund it? I know I have heard that but never bothered looking into it because we have always been more than happy with them.

Gwen, I would at least pre order the regular photo pass.

Kelly and Beckers, come on, get real. One lives in GA, and pretends to like it and the other one is voluntarily moving out of FL for PA. That's like asking you how you like the Four Seasons resort. And then there's Jason, I'm leaving that one alone.

Hey SBD, get your stories straight! I am none of the above!

Oh, after thinking about it, it might be fortpartyof4.

Help me out, give me something that I can pick on you for.

Almost 2,000 posts and I have made no impression on Lou. I am not sure if I should be insulted or proud!

I'm from Jersey, what more do you need?

What a funny old man. I'm going to buy him a UGA yard ornament to cheer him up.

As the end if my recent trip report shows, I looooove photopass. I've never done plus because Z is just getting tall enough to ride most of those rides. Plus, I always do a share to save $ and you can't share PP+.

Okay, let's try this again.

Thank you all for your input.

Kids will be 2, 3, 5, and 7, so the attractions photos aren't a plus.

I doubt we will eat at any of the restaurants.

What about the 300-400 stock photos that you get with PP + ? Do they make up for the difference in price between it and a Photo CD?

And I would love to know if I decide the results aren't worth what I paid could I get a refund.

In my searches yesterday Gwen I saw there were no refunds on photo pass+.

I presonally don't think pretty shots of the parks would be enough value for me to go with plus.

I would say the regular photopass cd would be the best bet for your family. You can pre-order it for $119.95.

The only thing I can not find a confirmation on is if you can still get a refund on the regular photopass cd if you don't like the pictures.

I've never used this service.

But since our next trip will be with four of our grandchildren, I'm considering prepurchasing it. Mainly for our DS and DDIL. They can't afford to go to WDW often, and I'd like to have some good photos of all of us there together.

How do I get our ride photos and meal photos transferred to the PP+?

On the web site it says I have 30 days to order a CD. Is there another cost, or is this included in the purchase price?

Can I make copies of the CD?

Thanks for your help.

Ok,

PP+ works just like the regular PP service in regards to regular photos. See a photographer, get your picture taken, scan your card, its yours.

The plus part about it is you also get all your ride photos and dining photos (not only digital, but hard copy as well). How this works is you hand your special PP+ card to the ride attendant manning the photo station or the photographer at the dining location and they will put them on your card for you. There is no limit to how many photos you have taken. If you ride space mountain 5 times, you get all 5 photos. If you have 2000 photos taken, you get all 2000 at the end of your vacation.  

The ride and dining photos can only be added to the PP+ card, but if you get any other PP cards during your stay, you can add them to your account and they become part of your CD.

When your vacation is done, you "order" your CD by following the directions you will get on your PP+ package. You pay for all of this in advance so "ordering" your CD at the end of your vacation is just clicking a button and getting it mailed to you. No additional cost.

The CD is yours and you have full rights to do what ever you want with the photos. Print them, copy them, share them.....what ever. So you can make copies of the CD if you wanted to give to family.

Remember, with PP+, you get EVERY photo taken.

As far as a refund, as long as you do not register the card on your online account, you could get a refund, but there would have to be a good reason and every case is held differently.

If you do not feel you would use the ride or dining, you could get the regular PP CD. This includes any photos taken by a PP photographer. But riding just 3 rides or visiting one dining location will make up for the cost difference.

Pre ordering the CD would net you a discount, and you would still get some stock photos in your online account. If you want the stock photos from the PP+ CD, you could buy a CD containing them at any view station on property for $49.95. If you do allot of scrapbooking, they are nice. But the ones you get free in your online account should be enough. When getting your PP CD, you also get your bonus content (stock photos) on your CD as well.

You could order the PP CD and later in your vacation, if you decide to upgrade to PP+, they could bridge the cost difference. Of course, you would be charged the standard cost rather than the pre order cost.

You could order the PP CD and later in your vacation, if you decide to upgrade to PP+, they could bridge the cost difference. Of course, you would be charged the standard cost rather than the pre order cost.

It's about time you showed up. I've been taking a beating from the ladies, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Ok,

PP+ works just like the regular PP service in regards to regular photos. See a photographer, get your picture taken, scan your card, its yours.

The plus part about it is you also get all your ride photos and dining photos (not only digital, but hard copy as well). How this works is you hand your special PP+ card to the ride attendant manning the photo station or the photographer at the dining location and they will put them on your card for you. There is no limit to how many photos you have taken. If you ride space mountain 5 times, you get all 5 photos. If you have 2000 photos taken, you get all 2000 at the end of your vacation.  

The ride and dining photos can only be added to the PP+ card, but if you get any other PP cards during your stay, you can add them to your account and they become part of your CD.

When your vacation is done, you "order" your CD by following the directions you will get on your PP+ package. You pay for all of this in advance so "ordering" your CD at the end of your vacation is just clicking a button and getting it mailed to you. No additional cost.

The CD is yours and you have full rights to do what ever you want with the photos. Print them, copy them, share them.....what ever. So you can make copies of the CD if you wanted to give to family.

Remember, with PP+, you get EVERY photo taken.

As far as a refund, as long as you do not register the card on your online account, you could get a refund, but there would have to be a good reason and every case is held differently.

If you do not feel you would use the ride or dining, you could get the regular PP CD. This includes any photos taken by a PP photographer. But riding just 3 rides or visiting one dining location will make up for the cost difference.

Pre ordering the CD would net you a discount, and you would still get some stock photos in your online account. If you want the stock photos from the PP+ CD, you could buy a CD containing them at any view station on property for $49.95. If you do allot of scrapbooking, they are nice. But the ones you get free in your online account should be enough. When getting your PP CD, you also get your bonus content (stock photos) on your CD as well.

Re the red text:  I'm not sure I understand.  I think with the PP CD I would get all my photos with the exception of attractions and dining.  Correct?

Re the purple text:  I do a lot of digital scrapbooking and sometimes publish my pages online at scrapbooking sites.  Would that be okay?  And do you know how many stock photos are included in the regular PP CD?

Thanks so much for your help, Dave and everyone else who has responded!  David thinks getting either one is an unnecessary expense.  I'm trying to convince him that it's worthwhile.  On this next trip, since four of our grandchildren will be with us, I want to take more video and less stills but don't want to miss that magical moment!

Re the red text:  I'm not sure I understand.  I think with the PP CD I would get all my photos with the exception of attractions and dining.  Correct?

Correct.  No ride or dining photos with the regular PP CD, but all other photos. If you plan on doing BBB or Pirates League those will be on there also.

With PP+ you get all photos (ride, dining, photopass photographer). 

Re the purple text:  I do a lot of digital scrapbooking and sometimes publish my pages online at scrapbooking sites.  Would that be okay?  And do you know how many stock photos are included in the regular PP CD?

Yes. You own the rights to the stock photos as well, so you can do whatever you want with them. The stock photos on the online account are triggered by the pictures you have taken. Example, you have a picture with Mickey taken. Stock photos of mickey will show up in your account a few days later. The amount of stock photos vary per trigger so its hard to say how many there will be and of what they will be. The bonus content changes per season, and randomly throughout the year.

Thanks so much for your help, Dave and everyone else who has responded!  David thinks getting either one is an unnecessary expense.  I'm trying to convince him that it's worthwhile.  On this next trip, since four of our grandchildren will be with us, I want to take more video and less stills but don't want to miss that magical moment!