Dumb Questions about Photopass +

That's weird MicknMin. I ordered mine last week and it never asked about when we were traveling.

This brings up a good point, and a question that I meant to ask.

Is there anyplace with a clear and accurate list of what products Photopass offers and what they cost?

The official website is typical of a current trend in on-line marketing- you have to register, log-in, and put something in your virtual shopping cart before you can even find out how much the darned thing costs!

I hate that!

TCD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I was late. I thought you handled it pretty well. Plus it was entertaining to watch.

Ok,   PP+ works just like the regular PP service in regards to regular photos. See a photographer, get your picture taken, scan your card, its yours.   The plus part about it is you also get all your

It's about time you showed up. I've been taking a beating from the ladies, not that there's anything wrong with that.

This brings up a good point, and a question that I meant to ask.

Is there anyplace with a clear and accurate list of what products Photopass offers and what they cost?

The official website is typical of a current trend in on-line marketing- you have to register, log-in, and put something in your virtual shopping cart before you can even find out how much the darned thing costs!

I hate that!

TCD

I agree. I don't like that either. Just give me. Darn price sheet!

Unfortunately no. There is no current price sheet. I get asked that all the time. The only place to see the prices is online. To see everything, registration is required, but you can see most items here http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoproducts.aspx

They are rolling out a new website soon that will mesh with the mydisneyexperience and magic bands stuff, and this was a suggestion we put in for. So hopefully they include and easy to understand price guide.

That's weird MicknMin. I ordered mine last week and it never asked about when we were traveling.

I just went back and checked the website again, it says that the Photopass+ has to be ordered 14 days in advance. It looks like the regular one just has to be ordered "before your vacation". I'm going to see if it will let me order it even though we arrive today.

PP+ has to be ordered in advance because you get material you need to use it in the mail. They need time to send it to you.

The regular PP CD just requires a code you enter when you order your CD online, so as long as you get the code before your pictures are taken, you are good.

Unfortunately no. There is no current price sheet. I get asked that all the time. The only place to see the prices is online. To see everything, registration is required, but you can see most items here http://www.disneyphotopass.com/photoproducts.aspx

They are rolling out a new website soon that will mesh with the mydisneyexperience and magic bands stuff, and this was a suggestion we put in for. So hopefully they include and easy to understand price guide.

How dumb is that?

You can't hand a guest a price sheet?

Or even show him one?

I am sure a group of young geniuses with MBA's all got together and agreed that this was the way to go.

Disney makes money despite the idiots who manage it.

Just think how much money they would make if they had a few non-idiots making decisions.

TCD

It's also a marketing ploy. Once a person has chosen an item they have an emotional attachment to it.

Yes, and once you register and put something in your cart, if you choose not to buy it, what do you want to bet that you will then be the recipient of a barrage of "helpful" emails from the photopass team offering deals and enticements?

TCD

Is there a new photo pass that I do not know about?  We always get a photo pass card from the first photographer we see and have our picture made.  We hand that pass to each photographer.as we go along.  When we get back to the RV at night, I go to the fast pass website and register my card number.   Next day, same card, and so on.  Each night when I pull up my pictures all of them are on the website along with some free pictures of the various characters. A couple of times this past Dec. a picture was missing that we knew we had taken.  I sent an e-mail and they found both pictures (from my description) and added them to the site.

When we got home I looked at all the pictures on line and than ordered a CD of all pictures for about $140 (I think) and a 2nd one for my granddaughter for $19.  To me, they are worth the price.  You only have about 30 days to order the CD but the pictures remain on the site forever (I guess...mine are still there).  If you are not sure how many you want, etc. you can pay for an extension on the close out date for the CD.

If you happen to misplace one of the photo pass cards, just get another one (free) and when you register the number of that card on your website, it will show up with all the pictures from the other card (s).

Your regular photopass card is good forever!!  I still have my original photopass card and use it all the time. I think it's the 2nd style they ever released (the first being a trial card for passholders that for some reason I didn't get). Now if you preorder the Photopass +, you have to have a special card, but if you order the regular Photopass CD, either in advance or afterwards, your account is all you need.

You only have about 30 days to order the CD but the pictures remain on the site forever (I guess...mine are still there). 

I don't think the photos stay there forever.

I know that they eventually have disappeared from my photopass account, and I believe I received warning emails telling me ahead of time, and giving me a final chance to purchase them.  I know they stick around longer than they first say they will, but they do eventually disappear.

TCD

They are deleted after aprox 30 days. Sometimes you get lucky and they stay longer, but 30 days is the drop dead date. After they are deleted from the system, there is no recovery method. So if you plan on getting photos, do it before the 30 day mark.

NOW,

That is 30 days from the day the photos are taken to register the card and see the photos. Once the card is registered online, you have 30 days to make a choice. So you could have 60 days if you wait the full 30 days to register the card online. Of course, if you're using a card that is already registered, then the 30 days starts immediately.  

And it is not a group standard, meaning, photos will be deleted once the reach that 30 day mark. So you may have most of your photos but others will be deleted.

I was always torn on looking t the photos on vacation or waiting until I got home so I could have more time to edit because their website SMB and is always painfully slow. BUT then I realized if I didn't look that night, I would probably have a harder time remembering what was missing, when it was taken, etc and not be able to give them a good description to find it.