I just joined the forum.  Camping at Fort Wilderness is one of my favorite things to do and place to stay when going to DW.  I camped there the first time in 1972 with my parents and brothers and sisters the year after it opened and have loved it ever since.

Currently I am planning my first solo trip for a week in October. Every other time I have gone with family but my kids are grown up now and my husband isn't a fan like I am.  I am really looking forward to it!  

I have been reading some of your ideas for decorating your site and also I am going to use the fax here to request the loop I hope to get before I go.  Who ever is responsible for putting it here, thank you!

Anyway, I wanted to introduce myself.

Sparrow in Florida

well Sparrow, I would like to welcome you to our little forum, ask any question you like but remember once it is answered the train kinda goes off the rails. It's all good natured fun and I don't believe I am being so mushy so welcome and have a good time!

well Sparrow, I would like to welcome you to our little forum, ask any question you like but remember once it is answered the train kinda goes off the rails. It's all good natured fun and I don't believe I am being so mushy so welcome and have a good time!

Our resident crotchedy bus driver (aka Lou, who I'm sure will be along any minute to harass welcome you) says the rule is that your question gets answered in 10 posts and then the hijacking and shenanigans begin.

I don't see that in the FF.net rule book, but far be it from me to question a Disney bus driver.  8)

Welcome Sparrow!!

HI Sparrow,

I am also fairly new to Fiends - nice bunch and the posts are fun to read. I also solo camp - will be there in a few weeks. It will acutally be my final hurrah of a solo tent trip across to Louisiana and back (3 weeks). You will love the Fort solo. I am empty nest now and am still surprised how much I enjoy wandering the parks and the Fort on my own. Have a wonderful trip!!

Who ever is responsible for putting it here, thank you!

Her name is Webmaster Kathy.

ask any question you like but remember once it is answered the train kinda goes off the rails. 

Not only does it go off the rails, it crashes into a ditch.

I don't see that in the FF.net rule book, but far be it from me to question a Disney bus driver.  

The "beating a dead horse" clause is on page 399, subsection 33, paragraph 89.

Welcome, there are some great people on here! 

Are you referring to this site? Can't wait to meet some.

Sparrow, on 25 Jun 2013 - 12:16 AM, said:snapback.png

Who ever is responsible for putting it here, thank you!

Her name is Webmaster Kathy.

TnBob...........Bob, on 25 Jun 2013 - 12:36 AM, said:snapback.png

ask any question you like but remember once it is answered the train kinda goes off the rails. 

Not only does it go off the rails, it crashes into a ditch.

BradyBzLyn...Mo, on 25 Jun 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:snapback.png

I don't see that in the FF.net rule book, but far be it from me to question a Disney bus driver.  

The "beating a dead horse" clause is on page 399, subsection 33, paragraph 89.

FortWildernessFan, on 25 Jun 2013 - 1:37 PM, said:snapback.png

Welcome, there are some great people on here! 

Are you referring to this site? Can't wait to meet some.

:bellringer:

Ok that just might win the "Post of the Week" award.

Come on by and pickup your prize.