• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the board, Firemouse   One word of caution, don't mention this board on the other board or you will be only on this board, they will ban you.   On the lighter side, tell us about yourself,

Welcome, Firemouse! You will find that some of us (Bob) are snarkier than others. I for one am never snarky....nope not me. Really, I'm not. Buttttttt if you do find your way into chat I am the head o

I was on the DisBoards, but there were so many rules.  It just wasn't fun.   I came here and found friends.  In fact, I found Fort Fiends!  I feel at home here.   My recommendation is you find a site

Posted Images

Welcome FireMouse!

Some of us here were on the DIS at one point in time, but this has been home for the past couple of years now.  It's a great community - a bit Snarky, but that's how we like it.  Since this board started we've grown immensely with over 1300 members in just 2.5 years!

The biggest thing that makes us different from other boards is that many of us have become close friends over the years, and there are Fort Fiend Grand Gatherings happening all around the country throughout the year - with the biggest generally taking place at the Fort.

Thanks to the fact that there's nearly always at least a Fiend or 2 at the Fort (or this past weekend 15!), and a few "inside sources," we get lots of great, up-to-date, firsthand info on happenings at the Fort and around WDW.

We're an active board and welcome anyone looking to share their love of camping, the Fort and WDW.

:wave1:

Welcome to the board, Firemouse

One word of caution, don't mention this board on the other board or you will be only on this board, they will ban you.

On the lighter side, tell us about yourself, chat is at 10 eastern time and yes, we are, or at least I am nosey.

I forgot to mention...

In addition to the forums, we've also got Info Pages where we store tons of great information, including videos of every camping loop, a great Google Earth application and the most excellent Fort Fiends mobile app that will give you specs and info on all the sites at the Fort.

Check out the site map page here...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/info/site-map-find-what-you-need-here-r99

And if you can't find what you're looking for, don't hesitate to ask.

Oh yeah, and what Bob said.  Our particular brand of Snarkiness was, shall we say, "not appreciated" over on the other board and they have been known to ban quite a lot of people there just for mentioning this board.

I was on the DisBoards, but there were so many rules.  It just wasn't fun.

I came here and found friends.  In fact, I found Fort Fiends!  I feel at home here.

My recommendation is you find a site with a Fort Fiends sign out and introduce yourself.  :welcome:

Welcome,

Before I even knew about this board, I found in the Google Play Store, the sweet Fort camping site app (that the members of this site put together ) and when I posted the info/ link on DIS boards, I was banned with out warning.

To this day the moderators over there have not given me an coherent reason, just random phrases put together.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Oh yes, I know allllllllll about the feud that went down in 2011. I was lurking during that time

That being Said alittle introduction is in order.

My name is Wes but since noone will remember that firemouse is just fine.

I'm 26 yo firefighter/Paramedic . I'm married with 2 LABS.

I've been going to the Fort for as loooong as I can remember. No stranger to Disney or the fort. To my friends I'm a Disney nerd!

post-9523-137315673375_thumb.jpg

This is me and my wife.

I check out of the fort in the morning. This is our yearly Fourth of July camping trip.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention we live in Tampa,fl and we are premium annual pass holders.

post-9523-137315737563_thumb.jpg

post-9523-137315743611_thumb.jpg

I'm no spy lol. Or a troll or another harsh names everyone calls each other. Just a mouse nerd wanting to talk about the Fort.

You're in the right place then, but like they said before...you might end up only being a part of one forum if you aren't careful!

I'm no spy lol. Or a troll or another harsh names everyone calls each other. Just a mouse nerd wanting to talk about the Fort.

Like... Schmuckface Bus Driver??

Oh wait, we all call Lou that.   8)

As Chris (of FF.net founders Jen and Chris) says, "I don't care where you post, as long as you post here" 

As for mouse nerds wanting to talk about the Fort...

You're in the right place!!

I WOULD never use a harsh name, matter of fact I had lunch with a couple of greenies the other day, FishinFrank and Denise.

Don't confuse snarkyness as being mean spirited, it's how we roll in purple land.

believe me, purple wasn't MY choice.

No its not a war, its just that we have only here to post, it's no an us verses them thing, at least I don't think it is.