Solo coastal camping: away from the Fort and back again

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My mother would be so proud! :shh:

I just wrote out a long update from yesterday, and something froze and it's gone! I'm lying in my hammock. It's my last night of my 23 day camping trip.  I'm pretty much out of food, except for some p

Posted Images

That's making good use of a sandwich maker!!!!

I'm writing my dissertation. I'll be finished one day.... I hope.

Good for you Kelly! The worst part of the dissertation is the solo bit - EVERYTHING, including cleaning the toilet, is preferable to working on the big D. I'll be your cheerleader if you need one. It took me a couple of years and was paying tuition the whole time. That was a motivator!

Only thing I am capable of writing (and not finishing!) is a to do list!

Brilliant move on the sandwich maker!

Haha - just because I write doesn't mean I'm any good at it! Have you read a textbook lately? Snooze city - hardly New York Times best sellers. I'd rather do a "to-do" list! :D

So here's my morning update - I have a SUV tent - the kind that looks like you car is being swallowed by your tent. And I like this because I sleep in the back of the SUV and have tons of room still in the tent. Since it usually rains when I camp - this is a good thing. I run an extension cord into the tent at night for my little clip fan. Works great. Early this morning, I felt something jump up on my bed. A freaking squirrel had found that tiny opening where the cord came in! I chased that squirrel out sounding like the dad in "A Christmas Story" when the dogs got the turkey! Bumpeses!!!

3yte3yjy.jpg

What a way to get your heart rate up in the morning! I can think of better!