Aloha! GaDawgFan turns a convention into a week-long stay at the Poly

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s time to start my trip report, while I still remember what happened! Shortly after returning from our April trip, I started entertaining the idea of coming back to Disney for a conference that my

You're right...that was my fault.  Maybe it will become like Godwin's Law and Hitler references....we could have Aaron's Law, which states that bringing Weiner into the discussion is the ultimate hija

I am proud of you for allowing Z to pose with a Gator.     Twin #1 wanted to go to MK to meet Louis.  I can't remember why we couldn't go- but that Limited Time magic fell some time when we couldn't.

Cute pics!!!  I think I really have to try O'Hana next time we go.  It really does look yummy.  Maybe lunch one day...  I like how your mom sensed your need for a drink. 

Big thumbs-up for you on letting Z bail with grace.  It's so hard when they do that, but you handled it so well! 

I wonder if you are doing the same program a friend of mine did - she had to go to Florida every so often for things like that.

You should try it for sure. It's amazing. It stunk that he bailed, but I didn't want to force him. Maybe next time he'll do it. Darth Vader is his favorite Star Wars character. Weird he likes the villain. LOL

'Ohana! One of my top two places to eat in Disney!! Seriously, they could keep the skewers and just bring me the wings and dumplings. 

The wings were OK, but the dumplings and salad were rockin. I had to control myself.

Sorry for the delay. Life has been crazy, and I go back to work tomorrow. Bummer.

We took the monorail over to the Magic Kingdom and got there about 8:15.

IMG_0311.jpg

It’s a good thing we got there early because these people were behind us.

IMG_0312.jpg

I love this sign!

IMG_0313.jpg

It was time for the opening show. I always laugh when they suggest people move to the middle to watch.

IMG_0317.jpg

Our goal for this morning was to head straight for Enchanted Tales with Belle. I’ve heard it called the “Running of the Belles.” Some of you might remember from my April TR that we didn’t get to do Enchanted Tales with Belle because we only had one MK day, and the boat wasn’t running, so we missed rope drop. It was Easter week, so they waits were at least 60 minutes, and I don’t wait in long lines.

We walked fast!

IMG_2599.jpg

And made it to Belle.

IMG_2600.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

This was my first time in the house. I love the details! 

IMG_0319.jpg

IMG_2602.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

We were in the first group!

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

And guess who got to play Chip?

IMG_2608.jpg

I got gipped out of playing Mrs. Potts by some little girl. The CM came over and told me it was because he had chosen too many from our side already. Z wanted me to come with him, so I did.

IMG_0320.jpg

IMG_2609.jpg

Belle!

IMG_0324.jpg

Yep, I look like an idiot in this picture. See the girl who stole my part?

IMG_0326.jpg

My mom distracted Z to take this picture, so our photopass picture is crappy too. Darn.

IMG_0333.jpg

We were out of Belle by 9:20. Awesome!

We headed over to Dave’s favorite ride.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

Then of course, we had to meet Z’s girlfriend.

IMG_0339.jpg

And guess what she gave him…. A kiss! He was really excited!

IMG_0342.jpg

The kiss must have made him brave because Z decided he wanted to ride Pooh! He’s been afraid of that ride since he was 2 because it has thunder. I like the interactive elements in the line.

IMG_0343.jpg

We rode the carrousel. 

IMG_0352.jpg

And it’s a small world. (Yep, you have that song in your head now. You’re welcome!

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0356.jpg

That’s about 30, next up we pose at the fanciest bathrooms in the MK and Z becomes a pirate!

Z likes Vader because he got the hottest chick in the Star Wars movies.

I bet Z would have treated her better though.

Love the pic with the lipstick on his forehead.

You guys lost me at the Magic Shroom ride though. :rofl2:

Ha ha ha! You have some good points there. He still gets a big smile when he looks at pictures of him with the kiss.

Love the kiss mark!

He was beaming for hours!!!! And I think everyone in GA knows Ariel kissed him.

I think the following should answer the question. They are the child requirements:

Must be independent with their toileting needs.  
Children in diapers or pull-ups are not admitted
Must be able to play well with others.
Must be able to feed themselves.
Must not require individual supervision or one-on-one attention.

While there are no minimum length of stays, there is a 2 hour minimum charge.
Call 407-WDW-DINE for info and to make a res.

Thanks. 

I know people say you shouldn't eat the potstickers or wings and save room for the expensive meat....but I actually enjoy the potstickers and wings more than some of the meat! 

A tidbit of possibly useful info...

You can order those same wings at the bar after 5pm. 

You can also get them at Kona Cafe.

We've been known to go to the Kona sushi bar and order them as an appetizer.  :)

He was beaming for hours!!!! And I think everyone in GA knows Ariel kissed him.

Love that!!

Multiquote isn't working for me, so here goes....

A tidbit of possibly useful info...

You can order those same wings at the bar after 5pm. 

You can also get them at Kona Cafe.

We've been known to go to the Kona sushi bar and order them as an appetizer.  :)

Love that!!

Yes, the Poly bar has several yummy food options. We intended to eat dinner there one night but didn't fit it in.

Ah! Got it to work!

Nice job on the MK rope drop.  That was a pretty busy one.

I am glad you and Z finally made it to Enchanted Tales with Belle.  I was hoping he would be the Beast, though.  You need to try for that next time.

The Mermaid kiss is awesome. Z has game.

Looking forward to the pirate photos.

TCD

It was busy, but I figured out that the July crowds are nothing compared to Easter week. Of course, there is a lot more Fuego! going on.

The Pirate League was awesome! I can't wait to post those.... probably tonight.

If his preschool teacher isn't wearing seashells he is going to be really disappointed. 

Yeah, I don't know how to break the news to him. LOL

:rofl2:

I know.  Someday, poor Z is going to have a rude awakening.

If I'm not mistaken, he is engaged to both Ariel and Rapunzel.

But, it's awesome now.

TCD

You are correct. Z is engaged to both Rapunzel and Ariel, but Ariel has kissed him twice, and Rapunzel plays hard to get. I'm giving Ariel the edge at the moment.

Shall we visit the newest and most hyped bathrooms in the Magic Kingdom? Honestly, Z was a little upset his fiancé wasn’t hanging out there.

IMG_2612.jpg

He wanted to know if Mother Gothel was in her tower. I told him I thought Walt kicked her out. That satisfied him.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

So after using the facilities, we walked past the Haunted Mansion. The last time Z rode, he was 2, and Jason almost called DFACs on me for bringing him. But Z was feeling brave; he had Ariel’s kiss and had conquered the most terrifying ride in the MK, Pooh. So when Grammy said, let’s go see the ghosts at the Haunted Mansion, he was excited. So we rode, and he laughed the whole time. After riding, he said he especially liked the lady in the white dress with the axe. Maybe I should lock my door at night.

I ran and grabbed a FP for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, AKA Z’s favorite ride in all of Disney, and then it was time for the Pirate’s League.

Before….

IMG_2614.jpg

Z picked the Captain Jack look, but let them know there was no way they were putting make-up or paint on his face.

First up was getting the costume. OK, here’s a Troll Rant, even though I haven’t seen him around for a while. Are you still here troll?

They only had an XXS or XL costume. What the Fort? I promised Z he could have the costume, never thinking that they wouldn’t have them. Does Disney run out of freaking princess costumes? ??? NEVER! So I paid $60 for a costume that didn't fit. UGH!!!!

Costume

IMG_2616.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

It’s time to choose his pirate name!

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

Z is now Nate Seagull! One of the things I loved about the Pirate’s League was how they stayed in character the whole time.

Z’s lady was so patient with him. I told her he didn’t want the make-up, so she said she’d talk about it. She also kept joking with the guy next to her about Z being her next husband, etc. She started with a pirate tattoo on his hand.

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0368.jpg

Before you knew it, he told her he wanted a beard. Yeah, that’s right… he asked for it! She didn’t even suggest it. I think watching the boy next to him helped.

IMG_0370.jpg

He thought he looked awesome!

IMG_2620.jpg

Then he agreed to a scar!

IMG_2625.jpg

IMG_0373.jpg

That was all he wanted, so he got his bandana.

IMG_2626.jpg

IMG_2628.jpg

And his hat. Notice he likes the hair. LOL

IMG_2629.jpg

It was time for his oath.

IMG_2635.jpg

Agreeing to go in the treasure room

IMG_0376.jpg

IMG_2642.jpg

After!

IMG_0377.jpg

IMG_2638.jpg

Once becoming a pirate it was our first of many rides on BTMRR!

Awesome pirate photos!

That's ridiculous about them not having the right size costumes.

I'm thinking becoming a pirate probably upped Z's game with the ladies. 

I need to get me a pirate outfit. 

I will volunteer to be in charge of taking up the collection to pay for your pirate costume and visit to the dress-up place.  All you have to agree to is to post the photos.  Whatever it costs, it will be worth it.

TCD

Cutest pirate ever!

I think so too but am admittedly biased.

I'm thinking becoming a pirate probably upped Z's game with the ladies. 

I need to get me a pirate outfit. 

It did and you should. See below.

Awesome pirate photos!

That's ridiculous about them not having the right size costumes.

I will volunteer to be in charge of taking up the collection to pay for your pirate costume and visit to the dress-up place.  All you have to agree to is to post the photos.  Whatever it costs, it will be worth it.

TCD

Totally ridiculous.

I will chip in on the costume for Dave.

The pics of Z are awesome!

Good for him not being scared of HM or Pooh, although i am scared of Pooh.

If he can do that ride, Darth Vader should seem like child's play.

He was so confused why Pooh had scared him before. The kid wants to ride the ToT and loves the idea of battle Darth Vader when watching the show, and then gets scared waiting. Oh well!