Hi Everyone! This is my 1st time posting on Ft. Fiends. :wacko:

What is your favorite pet premium loop?

I have stayed at the fort before (and will be there again in September in a preferred loop.) But I don't have much knowledge on premium loops. We have booked 2 premium sites for Jan. 2014 16th- 20th. We would like sites that are away from the hustle and noise. We would like sites that are surrounded by nature and away from the main road as well as shaded. We also like being near a comfort station because we only have a popup camper. Thanks! Please tell me your favorite loop and why that is as well as suggested sites in that loop. :))

At this link, there is a list of Premium Sites considered close to the comfort station.  The Pet loops are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1400

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/sites-near-the-comfort-station-premium-loops-r132

For me personally, my favorite Premium site is 932.  It is literally 5 feet from a comfort station, right across the street from Meadows trading post, and just a great overall site for us.  However, it might not meet some of your other criteria of being away from the crowds.

I'm assuming you are bring a pet since you asked about the pet loops.  If you have a dog with long hair I'd avoid 800, 900, 1000, and 1400.  They have lots of cypress trees with droppings all over the ground that stick to pet hair like you wouldn't believe.  If our schnauzer gets into them, it takes us 20-30 minutes to clean her up after every walk.  Not pleasant.

If you have a dog (I assume since you are asking about pet loops) and want to use the dog park, 500 is right across the street.  It is not the most remote pet loop by any means, but can be fairly quiet if you aren't backing up to either of the main roads.  If you don't mind being a bit away from the dog park and want a bit more seclusion, look into 900, in particular the sites around the back area of the loop.  Some of those are pretty secluded and still can be near the comfort station. 

Oh, and WELCOME!!

At this link, there is a list of Premium Sites considered close to the comfort station.  The Pet loops are 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1400

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/sites-near-the-comfort-station-premium-loops-r132

For me personally, my favorite Premium site is 932.  It is literally 5 feet from a comfort station, right across the street from Meadows trading post, and just a great overall site for us.  However, it might not meet some of your other criteria of being away from the crowds.

I like the 900 loop too.  Any of those sites near 932 and you forgot to mention it's right by the bus station.

• 2 weeks later...

We will stop by for sure. I love the fort and hope to meet new people that love it. We will be there for a quick trip for my brother's 18th birthday August 24th till the 26th then again September 7th till the 12th for my boyfriends and my 3 year anniversary. And then again with my family that weekend in January.

If seclusion and being away from the hustle and bustle, you are wasting your money on a Premium loop.

If Lou had at least put his awning out, he would have some shade. As it is, the only shade he is getting is from that pitiful little bush.

The 600 loop is on my list of run away as fast as you can loops.  We prefer 700 over any of the other pet loops.  No cypress trees, dog walk nearby.  Within walking distance of the Settlement and the bus depot.  No CS, but we never use one anyway.

That sounds like camping talk, I was not a camper.

RVer, yes, for a few years, but camper, no.

That's why RVs have awnings and ACs.

If I get too much sun beating on the roof the A/C struggles to keep up.  When we had our motorhome with 2 units it wasn't an issue, so I guess it wasn't a concern for you.  But our trailer only has 1 unit to cool nearly as much space as our MH had. 

I'm still trying to figure out how Gwen manages an entire vacation without using a comfort station without causing a real pain in the old Wallaroo.

If Lou had at least put his awning out, he would have some shade. 

Thanks for the tip. I guess that's what that mystery switch was for?

Anyway smart guy, we spent very little, if any, time sitting around outside in the heat during the day.

We were either out and about, or inside the MH. It was the middle of summer.

The 600 loop is on my list of run away as fast as you can loops.  We prefer 700 over any of the other pet loops.  No cypress trees, dog walk nearby.  Within walking distance of the Settlement and the bus depot.  No CS, but we never use one anyway.

And that's what makes the world go round.

And I'm with you on the CS, never used them during our 3 times at the Fort.