Real disappointed.  We've been at the Fort for 10 days, heading back to Toronto tomorrow.  The horse barn has been closed off for the whole time, from what I understand it's because they're redoing the roof.  I know nothing can be done about it but visiting the work horses has been a yearly tradition since my parents began bringing me down in 1976. 

Looking forward to seeing the barn with the new roof next year.

Had a great stay, not looking forward to having to go.

Oh ya, Kenny from Tee Time rocks.  The kids loved having the cart for the whole trip.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Barn Roof as of yesterday  

Just in case any newbies don't understand Toddonese, aspestiest means asbestos.

I just joined this site TODAY, and I knew what Todd meant.  What does that say about ME???   Anyway, I sure hope the Horse Barn is reopened in the next 17 days!  Does this mean horse activities, i.e.,

To be fair....that isn't a typical roof they put on the trading post.  Those are some fancy shingles, aren't they?  I imagine they take longer than your typical asphalt shingles that get thrown up and nailed on in speedy gonzales time.  Not sure what they are putting on the barn, but wouldn't be surprised if it is similar. 

To be fair....that isn't a typical roof they put on the trading post.  Those are some fancy shingles, aren't they?  I imagine they take longer than your typical asphalt shingles that get thrown up and nailed on in speedy gonzales time.  Not sure what they are putting on the barn, but wouldn't be surprised if it is similar. 

You're right.  They spend some money on the roofs around the Fort.  When they did the Meadow Trading Post, I watched as they put down copper sheeting on the roof.  Not paper.  Copper.  If they're doing that on the barn, I would be surprised if they still plan to tear it down to make a DVC parking lot.  But, they're full of surprises.

TCD

And Jen and I are witness that Todd doesn't beat his gf. He just slams on brakes and tosses her head first thru the golf cart windshield and then she screams she didn't spill her beer out of the red solo cup so no abuse was done.

And Jen and I are witness that Todd doesn't beat his gf. He just slams on brakes and tosses her head first thru the golf cart windshield and then she screams she didn't spill her beer out of the red solo cup so no abuse was done.

So Todd has stopped beating his girlfriend?