Those Chip/Dale and Boone/Crockett buses were not fun.  But, they've been gone for more than 10 years.

TCD

It looks like many of these sites have ancient info on them, which is a wee bit surprising considering they're pretty high profile sites - or at least they pop up high in search rankings.

Just goes to show you... don't believe everything you read on the interwebz.  In fact, I'd say believe maybe 30%. 

Unless you're reading here, then believe every word.

Unless Lou is posting. 

Or Dave.

Or Ray...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL!   I think it's funny how Wilderness Lodge now shares with the Grand Floridian.  That makes no sense.  But, I guess it keeps the deluxe guests from having to share with a bunch of scummy campers.

I kind of got that vibe from a few Wilderness guests we shared some chats with on the bus.  It was kind of like, "Oh, you're at the campsite, hows THAT?"   I got annoyed with this one gal and went int

Excuse me, but what the Fort is going on here?   Full livery?   Is Ma44ew94 a fake identity created by Lou to ask obscure bus questions?   Who the heck cares what color the buses are painted?   TCD

Ok Frank, if that's you're real name, and not your name under the witness protection program, listen up.

All kidding aside, if it's anything, and I mean anything, to do with WDW or camping, come here first.

And even though we joke around a lot, when it comes to giving out correct information, we don't joke around.

It looks like many of these sites have ancient info on them, which is a wee bit surprising considering they're pretty high profile sites - or at least they pop up high in search rankings.

Just goes to show you... don't believe everything you read on the interwebz. In fact, I'd say believe maybe 30%.

Unless you're reading here, then believe every word.

Unless Lou is posting.

Or Dave.

Or Ray...

I'll have you know that it is a documented fact that I'm correct .98% if the time.

...even though we joke around a lot, when it comes to giving out correct information, we don't joke around. give it to you, frequently with 8x10 color glossies with circles and arrows on the back of each one, and then we joke around.  A lot.  Really... it's kind of ridiculous.

Fixed

Now Lou if I believed everything on the net I would have not questioned it nor engage in conversation with you.....solely based on what's on the web of course.  As for what articles I read..... you pretty much found them. 

More on bus transportation during the construction at DTD. Numerous road improvements will be made in order to alleviate traffic, including widening Buena Vista Drive to ten lanes, with two lanes dedicated to buses and the addition of a slip ramp onto Buena Vista Drive from the existing exit to Epcot Center Drive.

During this construction, they are making adjustments to the area’s bus operations to reduce the traffic impacts along Buena Vista Drive.

Beginning June 10, service to and from Typhoon Lagoon will be as follows.

Prior to 2 p.m. - Guests will continue traveling to and from Typhoon Lagoon via the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus.

After 2 p.m. - Guests traveling to and from Typhoon Lagoon will take a bus or monorail to Epcot and will transfer to another bus to get to their destination.

In addition, Downtown Disney bus operations will be consolidated to an expanded Marketplace location beginning June 11. With the installation of a new traffic signal at Buena Vista Drive and the Marketplace bus loop, buses from Downtown Disney will be redirected to Disney Vacation Club Way.

More on bus transportation during the construction at DTD. Numerous road improvements will be made in order to alleviate traffic, including widening Buena Vista Drive to ten lanes, with two lanes dedicated to buses and the addition of a slip ramp onto Buena Vista Drive from the existing exit to Epcot Center Drive.

During this construction, they are making adjustments to the area’s bus operations to reduce the traffic impacts along Buena Vista Drive.

Beginning June 10, service to and from Typhoon Lagoon will be as follows.

Prior to 2 p.m. - Guests will continue traveling to and from Typhoon Lagoon via the Downtown Disney/Typhoon Lagoon bus.

After 2 p.m. - Guests traveling to and from Typhoon Lagoon will take a bus or monorail to Epcot and will transfer to another bus to get to their destination.

In addition, Downtown Disney bus operations will be consolidated to an expanded Marketplace location beginning June 11. With the installation of a new traffic signal at Buena Vista Drive and the Marketplace bus loop, buses from Downtown Disney will be redirected to Disney Vacation Club Way.

I just caught this.  There are a couple of really big deals in that post.

Does this mean there will be no direct buses to or from Typhoon Lagoon after 2 pm beginning next week?  So, if you're at Typhone Lagone and want to get back to the Fort in the late afternoon, you have to go to Epcot, and then look for a Fort Wilderness bus?  That's a full day of excrement right there.

And at Downtown Disney (not Disney Springs yet, right?) there's now just one bus stop- at the Marketplace?   So, if you're going to House of Blues, for example, you're in for a long walk.

It looks like I won't be visiting either Typhone Lagone or Disney Springs for a while.

TCD