Excuse me, but what the Fort is going on here?

Full livery?

Is Ma44ew94 a fake identity created by Lou to ask obscure bus questions?

Who the heck cares what color the buses are painted?

TCD

Hey schmuck face, some people waste their time complaining about not getting what they feel is their entitlement of Fast Passes to ride some silly attraction, and others are into what makes WDW tick, transportation being one of them.

Actually I didn't know what livery meant, and had to look it up.

Oddly enough its not Lou; but as well as the theme parks some of us are interested in the transport side of Disney.

Yeah, you tell em.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL!   I think it's funny how Wilderness Lodge now shares with the Grand Floridian.  That makes no sense.  But, I guess it keeps the deluxe guests from having to share with a bunch of scummy campers.

I kind of got that vibe from a few Wilderness guests we shared some chats with on the bus.  It was kind of like, "Oh, you're at the campsite, hows THAT?"   I got annoyed with this one gal and went int

Excuse me, but what the Fort is going on here?   Full livery?   Is Ma44ew94 a fake identity created by Lou to ask obscure bus questions?   Who the heck cares what color the buses are painted?   TCD

Hey schmuck face, some people waste their time complaining about not getting what they feel is their entitlement of Fast Passes to ride some silly attraction, and others are into what makes WDW tick, transportation being one of them.

Actually I didn't know what livery meant, and had to look it up.

Nice try.

You expect me to believe that anyone really cares about what livery a bus has?

You and your imaginary friend have fun!

TCD

Coincidently, the plans for the greatly expanded MK bus area were made known today, and it's nothing like what I expected. This is just some of what I can recall. More details to follow.

There are articulated bus stops for not only the values, as previously announced, but for some moderates as well. With only 12 articulated buses, I believe these are for future use though.

There are also bus stops for TTC, GF and the Poly, which is surprising.

DHS will have two bus stops, and AK will have one.

The feature I like the most, and also explains why so many new stops, is that just about all of the resorts will have two separate bus stops instead of the one they currently have. A primary stop and a backup.

Lots of times when it's busy, a second bus can't pull in because there is a bus already there. This way, they don't have to wait drop off. They'll use the backup bus stop.

The layout, which I believe Mo will post soon, shows that the value bus stops are the furthest away from the entrance.

Even though the expansion will be completed soon, it will open in phases, and from what I can tell, the first phase opens on Dec 15th.

I think the busses for the value resorts should be refered to as Cattle Cars.

Many years ago (12-15 years ago), they had these huge tractor trailer type buses that served the values. They had a tractor front and a trailer articulated section for passengers. Now THAT was a cattle car.  I  only saw them the first 2 or 3 trips we took (We only went once a year back then)

I think the busses for the value resorts should be refered to as Cattle Cars.

Move 'em out, head 'em up,

Head 'em up, move 'em on.

Move 'em out, head 'em up:

Bus...ride.

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in,

Ride 'em in, cut 'em out,

Cut 'em out, ride 'em in:

Bus...ride

rollin', rollin', rollin', movin', movin', movin'

Many years ago (12-15 years ago), they had these huge tractor trailer type buses that served the values. They had a tractor front and a trailer articulated section for passengers. Now THAT was a cattle car.

I've heard about them, but never saw them. I guess they discovered pretty quickly that they were a dumb idea.

If you have to do the value runs at MK closing time, you should sing the song.

I hardly ever work nights now, but what makes you think I don't sing it at opening time?

And because it's not just the values that have packed buses in the morning, I get to annoy people staying at the moderates, and at some deluxe resorts.

There are also bus stops for TTC, GF and the Poly, which is surprising.

It's really not surprising.  With all the monorail problems they've been having- it is a sign of things to come.  I hope that they are reducing the rates for the deluxe guests who now have to ride the bus.

They ought to go ahead and have an Epcot bus here too.  Going to the TTC and catching the Epcot monorail makes that a long trip.

TCD

The layout, which I believe Mo will post soon, shows that the value bus stops are the furthest away from the entrance.

Wow Lou... you must by psychic!

MK-Bus-Loop-1.jpg

Excerpts from the accompanying FAQs:

Will all parts of the third bus loop open at the same time?

The third bus loop will open in phases

• Phase I (Nov. 24) - Existing load zones will shift to accommodate the opening of canopies C and D, and the new, larger load zones/gates.
  • Phase II (Dec. 15) - Park-to-park buses will transition from the charter lot to a new location at the Magic Kingdom Park loop. Disney's Hollywood Studios will be at load zone/gate 5 and Disney's Animal Kingdom will be at load zone/gate 6.

Additionally, the bus dispatch booth will open at a later date.

Have changes been made to the way you access the loops?

Buses can now travel from the north/south loops to the third loop and vice versa. In addition, there will be two inbound lanes to assist with traffic flow.

Will Guests with disabilities be required to go through the queue?

Yes, the new canopies C and D (19-34) will mainstream Guests with disabilities just as we do with canopies A and B.

Hold the phone!

Lou missed something really important!

Do you see bus stop #9?

Epcot/Ft. Wilderness!

We have arrived!

TCD

Epcot/Ft. Wilderness, I wonder if that means we get a "scenic" ride to epcot and every stop in between on our way to the Fort? Maybe even a water park or two if we are lucky!

Epcot/Ft. Wilderness, I wonder if that means we get a "scenic" ride to epcot and every stop in between on our way to the Fort? Maybe even a water park or two if we are lucky!

Oh, I didn't think of that.  I was thinking the bus would stop at the Fort first, since it's on the way.  But you're right- since its just scummy campers, maybe it will go to Epcot first.  When the bus gets there, all the campers will be required to stand so the guests wanting to go to the MK will have a place to sit.

All kidding aside, my guess is the bus will stop at the Fort first, and then go to Epcot.  So, will that mean that now coming back from Epcot, the Fort bus will also be carrying passengers going to the MK?  If so, does that mean Fort guests trying to get back from Epcot are going to have to go all the way to the MK to pick up before going on to the Fort.  That's not cool.

TCD

Oh, I didn't think of that.  I was thinking the bus would stop at the Fort first, since it's on the way.  But you're right- since its just scummy campers, maybe it will go to Epcot first.  When the bus gets there, all the campers will be required to stand so the guests wanting to go to the MK will have a place to sit.

All kidding aside, my guess is the bus will stop at the Fort first, and then go to Epcot.  So, will that mean that now coming back from Epcot, the Fort bus will also be carrying passengers going to the MK?  If so, does that mean Fort guests trying to get back from Epcot are going to have to go all the way to the MK to pick up before going on to the Fort.  That's not cool.

TCD

I like how they have a dedicated run to the TTC. That makes 3 modes of transport for the TTC. They could have put the Fort run with the TTC as it is on the way to the Fort.

I don't think the EPCOT stops will change though, so it will still be the Lodge and the Fort and the furthest stop. I don't think the busses maintain the same routes, they change at every stop.

Hold the phone!

Lou missed something really important!

Do you see bus stop #9?

Epcot/Ft. Wilderness!

We have arrived!

TCD

Uh, no. Just because there is a bus stop doesn't mean that there will be regular bus service. The way it was explained to me, is that those are contingency bus stops, and will be used only when required. Like when the boats or the monorail are not in service. 

There is a FW and Epcot bus stop at TTC, it's invisible though, and only pops up when it's needed. So they're just mimicking it at MK, except that it will have a permanent sign. The sign at TTC is a magnetic sign and comes out when needed.

I like how they have a dedicated run to the TTC. That makes 3 modes of transport for the TTC. They could have put the Fort run with the TTC as it is on the way to the Fort.

I don't think the EPCOT stops will change though, so it will still be the Lodge and the Fort and the furthest stop. I don't think the busses maintain the same routes, they change at every stop.

It's not clear to me if the MK to TTC bus is going to be a regular run or not. I think it might be, because the off property guests will have to get to MK, and back, in order to catch the HS and AK buses at MK.

And again, there will only be a MK to Epcot bus when the monorail is out of service and there are still people to move. 

It's not widely known, but currently, there is a TTC to Epcot bus, after the monorail shuts down for the night.

It's really easy to forget how horrible it is to get back to the TTC near park close on a semi-busy night. Say, hmm, last night for example. There was probably an hour wait for the monorail and at least 40 minutes for the Ferry. And that was quite a while after fireworks. I ended up walking to the CR and taking the monorail from there, but I actually stopped to see if there was a bus running... and there wasn't. All of a sudden, even the slow Fort boat was looking really good.

The photo is of the new bus loops at MK. Look closely at the area in the highlighted box, the entrance and exit. Does anyone see potential problems during really busy times? What were the designers thinking?

Management is very upset with the increase in bus to bus contact at the bus hubs, duh, will this setup help?

busloop2_zpsd559ab86.jpg

The photo is of the new bus loops at MK. Look closely at the area in the highlighted box, the entrance and exit. Does anyone see potential problems during really busy times? What were the designers thinking?

Management is very upset with the increase in bus to bus contact at the bus hubs, duh, will this setup help?

busloop2_zpsd559ab86.jpg

Typical.

Someone in management came up with the bright idea to increase the bus stops.

Nobody thought about what that would do at the entry/exit area.

This is also going to greatly increase congestion at the entrance to the Contemporary Resort.

I've been thinking about all those bus stops.

You know what I think?

I think the monorails are going to be shut down for a long overdue renovation.

Like completely shut down.  For a while.  That would explain the need for all this bus stop capacity.  I can't think of another logical reason.

TCD

You know what I think?

I think the monorails are going to be shut down for a long overdue renovation.

Like completely shut down.  For a while.  That would explain the need for all this bus stop capacity.  I can't think of another logical reason.

TCD

You may be right, it's long overdue.

The entire fleet of Monorails could be replaced by only 48 regular buses very easily.

I've always felt that the Monorails should be an attraction, and not a means of transportation.

They would operate only while the MK and Epcot are open. Before and after that, you take a bus or boat.

Yeah, I know they're cool looking. But's that's all they are. They're expensive to purchase, inflexible, slow, and maintenance hogs.

• 3 weeks later...