• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL!   I think it's funny how Wilderness Lodge now shares with the Grand Floridian.  That makes no sense.  But, I guess it keeps the deluxe guests from having to share with a bunch of scummy campers.

I kind of got that vibe from a few Wilderness guests we shared some chats with on the bus.  It was kind of like, "Oh, you're at the campsite, hows THAT?"   I got annoyed with this one gal and went int

Excuse me, but what the Fort is going on here?   Full livery?   Is Ma44ew94 a fake identity created by Lou to ask obscure bus questions?   Who the heck cares what color the buses are painted?   TCD

I have heard that the monorails will be closed for a couple months during the Months of January-March to work on the resort and express beams.

Not sure if that was reported here yet or if its just a rumor.

Edited to add: i meant to ask a certain fiend CM about that when i saw him last but i guess it slipped my mind.

I think we all knew something like that woudl happen when the new busses came into service.

Did anyone notice that there are GF, Poly, CR, and TTC, bus stops at MK now, hmmm?

And that this latest prolonged monorail system maintenance is taking place shortly after the new bus loop was completed, and after the articulated buses go into service, coincidence, hmmm?

• 5 months later...

Isn't that nice, I decide to transfer out of bus operations, and they immediately post the announcement below. I'm sure it's just a coincidence?

But as usual, they screwed it up because they scheduled it too soon, and I'm scheduled to work that day. Surprise, I'll be there.

Of course I'm kidding around, they don't even know I exist, but it's time that Disney acknowledge the transportation CMs, even the Monorail CMs.

This is the first time I can remember them having such a celebration.

It’s time to celebrate at the Transportation Operations & Maintenance Cast Celebration!

Date: Wednesday, June 4

Time: 2:30-4:30 a.m. (third-shift only); 10:30 a.m.-8 p.m.

Place: Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Fantasia Ballrooms G & H

Just wondering if someone could answer this.  I was poking around the web today and several articles seemed to indicate that direct bus routes from the fort to specific parks are eliminated and now you must go to tic and transfer bus to final destination.  I was there last summer and direct bus transportation was still available.  did something change?

Just wondering if someone could answer this.  I was poking around the web today and several articles seemed to indicate that direct bus routes from the fort to specific parks are eliminated and now you must go to tic and transfer bus to final destination.  I was there last summer and direct bus transportation was still available.  did something change?

Several articles?

Where?

When?

Nothing has changed.

There are direct buses to all the parks (except MK) from the Fort.

TCD

The new transportation manager has listened to all the complaints of how bad the buses are now compared to how good they use to be and is reverting back to the bus routes from 20 years ago. Resort buses will transfer to the parks at TTC from now on.

Oh, and they're reducing the number of buses from about 350 to 89. It worked then, it'll work now.

Plus they've ordered a new FWRR and getting rid of all the Fort's internal buses.

Who said Disney doesn't listen?

ok, so if the bus goes to the TTC and you must transfer busses to get to your final destination then the bus routes are not direct anymore.  Am I missing something here? or was your last post an attempt at some sarcastic humor. 

The new transportation manager has listened to all the complaints of how bad the buses are now compared to how good they use to be and is reverting back to the bus routes from 20 years ago. Resort buses will transfer to the parks at TTC from now on.

Oh, and they're reducing the number of buses from about 350 to 89. It worked then, it'll work now.

Plus they've ordered a new FWRR and getting rid of all the Fort's internal buses.

Who said Disney doesn't listen?

:smartass:

Not sure where those rumors got started, but as TCD said... not true.

oh sorry it was lou's post....... disregard it

I was able to find this little nugget of misinformation...

Epcot - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Epcot monorail

Disney Hollywood Studios - take an external bus to the TTC and take the Disney Hollywood Studios bus

Not surprisingly, this is the source...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/resorts/ftwildtransportation.htm

Wow... there's a whole lotta nonsense floating around in the interwebz.  This is from the Touring Plans site...

Getting to the theme parks, water parks and Downtown Disney Disney provides free bus service from Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, and Downtown Disney/Disney Springs. Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins's bus stops sit along the front wall of the lobby, between the lobby and check-in parking lot. Each theme park has its own bus stop somewhere along the wall. Animal Kingdom's bus service is shared with Blizzard Beach, while Downtown Disney/Disney Springs and Typhoon Lagoon also share a stop and service. Fort Wilderness Resort Cabins does not share bus service with any other resort.

Magic Kingdom can also be accessed by boat from Fort Wilderness Landing and to Epcot by bus, with a transfer at the Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) to the Epcot monorail. Boat service may be suspended during thunderstorms, so if it's raining or looks like it's about to, Disney will provide buses. An alternate route to the Magic Kingdom is by internal bus to the TTC, then by monorail or ferry to the park. Motor traffic within the campground is permitted only when entering or exiting. Get around within the campground by bus, golf cart, or bike, the latter two available for rent.

http://touringplans.com/walt-disney-world/hotels/fort-wilderness-resort-cabins#

Holy crap on a cracker... that old/bad info is all over the place!  This is on the Passporter website...

To Magic Kingdom: Walk, drive a cart, or take a bus (Chip or Dale) to Settlement Depot, then board the Magic Kingdom boat from the dock.
Alternate route #1: Go to Settlement Depot, board the Contemporary boat, get off at the Contemporary, and walk to the Magic Kingdom or take the Magic Kingdom boat.
Alternate route #2: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Magic Kingdom monorail or take the Magic Kingdom boat.

To Epcot: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Epcot monorail.
No reasonable alternate route.

To Disney-MGM Studios: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Disney-MGM Studios bus.
Alternate route: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Disney-MGM Studios

To Disney's Animal Kingdom: Walk, drive a cart, or take a bus (Chip or Dale) to Settlement Depot, then board a direct bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Alternate route #1: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Alternate route #2: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Animal Kingdom bus.

To Downtown Disney: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center, and transfer to the Downtown Disney bus.
Alternate route: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Downtown Disney.

http://www.passporter.com/wdw/fwtransportation.htm

Holy crap on a cracker... that old/bad info is all over the place!  This is on the Passporter website...

To Magic Kingdom: Walk, drive a cart, or take a bus (Chip or Dale) to Settlement Depot, then board the Magic Kingdom boat from the dock.

Alternate route #1: Go to Settlement Depot, board the Contemporary boat, get off at the Contemporary, and walk to the Magic Kingdom or take the Magic Kingdom boat.

Alternate route #2: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Magic Kingdom monorail or take the Magic Kingdom boat.

To Epcot: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Epcot monorail.

No reasonable alternate route.

To Disney-MGM Studios: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Disney-MGM Studios bus.

Alternate route: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Disney-MGM Studios

To Disney's Animal Kingdom: Walk, drive a cart, or take a bus (Chip or Dale) to Settlement Depot, then board a direct bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Alternate route #1: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Alternate route #2: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center (TTC), and transfer to the Animal Kingdom bus.

To Downtown Disney: Board the Crockett or Boone bus, get off at the Transportation & Ticket Center, and transfer to the Downtown Disney bus.

Alternate route: Go to Settlement Depot, board Contemporary boat, get off at Contemporary, board bus to Downtown Disney.

http://www.passporter.com/wdw/fwtransportation.htm

Wow.

That is actually how things worked when we first began to camp at the Fort 15 or so years ago.

When people complain about the bus service now, they have no idea what it used to be like.

Those Chip/Dale and Boone/Crockett buses were not fun.  But, they've been gone for more than 10 years.

TCD