The Disney Food Blog has posted a review of Writer's Stop at Disney's Hollywood Studios... the original home of THE carrot cake cookie!  :)

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2013/09/02/review-writers-stop-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Excerpts...

writers-stop-outside-Writers-Stop-600x40

Writer's Stop -- Outside

Be sure to take a slow look around Writer’s Stop. First off, they really do sell books! So be sure to peruse the selection in case there’s a volume you’ve been meaning to pick up. The shop also occasionally hosts book signings. Above, you can just glimpse the corner of a poster announcing the appearance of Ridley Pearson, who pens the Kingdom Keepers series.

I love the collection of art glass and the old Carthay Theater print, too.

Book-display-Writers-Stop-463x625.jpg

Book Display

coffee-drinks-Writers-Stop-2-478x625.jpg

Coffee Drinks Menu -- Click to Enlarge

But Writer’s Stop has one major claim to my confection affection, and that’s the Carrot Cake Cookie. This addition to the park’s snack list made it an instant favorite several years ago, and now it’s a cult must- have!

CC-Cookie-on-display-Writers-Stop-600x39

Carrot Cake Cookie -- On Display

CC-Cookie-cross-section-Writers-Stop-600

Carrot Cake Cookie -- Cross Section

Peanut-Butter-cookie-on-display-Writers-

Peanut Butter Cookie -- On Display

PB-Cookie-Writers-Stop-600x467.jpg

Peanut Butter Cookie -- Up Close

So I read the review to try and figure out the mystery topping. The person thinks it was butter fingers, now if you were writing a review, wouldn't you take the time to ask?!?!

I'm pretty sure that's what it is. Don't tell anyone, but I actually prefer it over the carrot cake cookie.

I have a carrot cake cookie at least once every trip.  But have never bought one at Writer's Stop.

WHAT??? They are the BEST there. None other compare. Too big for me alone, so I share with FWGirl.

• 4 months later...

Well we finally found the writers stop and I will have to agree it's probably DHS best kept secret. It was a nice place to stop and enjoy a drink and especially a carrot cake cookie. This was our first time having one and it rocked. It will defiantly be on all our stops to DHS

Thrill Shakespeare loves the carrot cake cookie but it is too rich for me.  I have tried different things there and enjoyed them all - but I will have to say some would be better served warm.  I had a danish with dark chocolate filling a few weeks ago.  It was good (and huge) but the leftovers were amazing the next day after 20 seconds in the camper's microwave!