Yuk.  How long will they be around?

It's hard to say.  It varies year by year.  This was a pretty good crop, and earlier than the past few years.  I'm going to guess that they'll be around through the end of September.

Just in time for me.

Yup.  Maybe you'll luck out and have a little rain and/or wind when you drive through.  Otherwise, bring your cleaning supplies.

TCD

Remember- that photo was taken just 1/4 of the way through the 800 plus miles I drove this weekend. 

When we were pulling into our neighborhood late yesterday afternoon, one of our neighbors waved us down to ask where the heck we had been for the truck to look like that.  It was at least twice as bad as the photo.

FWG could have made a huge bowl of dip.

TCD

It's hard to say.  It varies year by year.  This was a pretty good crop, and earlier than the past few years.  I'm going to guess that they'll be around through the end of September.

Great.  Surely they will be gone by the first of November.  I'm gonna cross them off my list of concerns.

I think you're in the clear.

Glad that's one less thing on the list of concerns.

By the way, why do you have a list of concerns?  Throw that thing away and get yourself a List of Fun!

TCD

I have a list of fun too!

But my list of concerns covers contingencies.  Most of which involve our family members who will be joining us.  We look at this upcoming trip as a once-in-a-lifetime event.  

When it's just the two of us, my only concerns are good enough health and safe travel.

Although I must admit we never want to come to FL again when the love bugs are out in force!  Been there, done that, last spring.  

Or when they weather is so cold we can't stand to be outdoors.  Been there, done that, December 2010.

And I don't ever want to be there again having to bungee-cord my refrigerator door closed.  Again, December 2010.

And I don't want Kassie to be violently sick in FL again like she was two trips in a row.  Now I bring extra medication just in case.  That's a pre-empted contingency.  

The last few years we have been fortunate to visit the fort twice a year.  We were hoping to make three trips on our last APs but then Dad got sick/died and there was no time to get in that last trip.

From here on out we will be fortunate to visit once a year.  We plan to get APs when we arrive in November and then visit again the last two weeks of October 2014.  After that we will both be totally retired and won't have the cash to visit every year.  Maybe every 2-3 years.  That is, unless we figure out a way to be snowbirds.  Or establish our residency in FL.  We're still looking into that.  

So many wants and so little cash ...

I adhere to the Boy Scout motto.

Yeah, and I forgot ... in November 2009 I fell in the MK and was in a wheelchair for the remainder of the trip.  I'm still waiting for their promised callback to check up on me.

And the fact that I had all but one meal cooked and frozen for our upcoming trip when our fridge went out a couple of weeks ago and we lost everything.  Now I have to start over.

Yes, from here on out it's smooth sailing!  We're going to have a wonderful trip! And the PP+ photographers will document it!

We arrived at the Fort yesterday. Front of our camper and truck crusted with love bugs after our drive across I 10. So far we haven't seen any here at the Fort.

That's a good point.  I haven't seen any love bugs in the Tampa Bay area- we encountered them north of Crystal River.  If you're coming from the north to WDW, you're going to run into them in south Georgia/north Florida.

TCD

• 1 month later...