Unleash the Villains: TCD's Friday the 13th TR

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank Goodness! I was just in serious withdrawl this weekend and your trip reports really help us get through the hard times! Laura

i like to sit on the porch and watch everyone heading out to the party...  great pics!  we can always count on you to give us a dis fix.  (sigh)  wish i was there...

If you own a Dane, you must be obedient!  Or either you must weigh much more than the dog.

Yea!  I made page one for a change.  

I heard it was crazy there.  Saw pics on FB of the traffic.  Can't wait to hear all about it.

Twin #2, who could not make it, told us she saw Tweets about 2 hour waits to get in the parking lot. 

I heard lots of horror stories from other guests in the park.

We didn't have it too bad.  I'll share our story of how we got to the park when we get to that part.

We left the Fort Around 7:15 and got to the Studios around 8:30. The bus ride was like Mr. Toads wild ride, our driver was awesome. You could hear a driver on the radio calling for assistance, he had three screaming babies on his bus and they had not moved in one hour.

So, an hour and fifteen minutes on the bus?

We didn't have it that bad.  Do you remember what route your driver took?  We arrived via bus, and out driver took a "short-cut" which I thought was brilliant when I saw what she did. 

TCD

Wow, it didn't take long for all the page one spaces to go.

This time it's not Dave's fault.

It's Sheldon's fault.

Which is scary, because I didn't know Nicki's dog tells her what to do.

The last time I remember hearing about a dog telling his owner what to do, the dog's name was Sam, and we know how that turned out.

Anyway, let's get this report officially started.

As some of you may have noticed, Twin #1 still has her braces on.  Her case was complicated, and unfortunately for her, she is a college Freshman with braces.  She is not particularly happy about that fact, but she's a good sport about it.  Personally, I like it, because so far it has kept the frat boys away.

So, anyway, back at the time of her last ortho appointment, which was before she headed off to school, she made her next appointment for a Friday afternoon on a weekend when the Gators didn't have a football game.  The plan was she could come home, get the braces checked, and then hang out for the weekend.

As luck would have it, her appointment was on Friday September 13th.

We knew that Disney had planned a Limited Time Magic event for the 13th at Hollywood Studios, but based on the lameness of the events to date, nobody was too thrilled about making the effort to go.

The thing about this one, though, was it sounded cool on paper.  It was called "Release the Villains," and would run from 8 pm to 1 am on Friday, September 13.  They didn't provide a lot of details, but the event was to include some rare villain characters, and a dance party, and special fireworks.  Sounded good on paper.  But, based on how lame all the other WDW LTM events have been this year, we were justifiably skeptical about this one.

But, last week, Twin #1 said we ought to go.  None of her friends would be in town over the weekend, so she didn't have anything better to do.  Our passes are still good, so why not?

So, she came home and went to the orthodontist, and we headed to WDW around 3:30 on Friday afternoon.

That wasn't the best time to leave, because Tampa traffic stands between us and WDW.  And, sure enough. it was really heavy all the way through Tampa.  But, the traffic moved, and we made it to WDW by around 5:45.  Not too bad.

As I mentioned, the Limited Time Magic event was set to begin at 8 pm at Hollywood Studios.

This is kind of a slow time at WDW, so we weren't sure how busy things would be.  We decided to stop at WL to get a bite to eat before heading to DHS.

At Roaring Forks, we ran into an Asian family dressed as characters from Wreck It Ralph:

UnleashtheVillians003_zpsd8a9bdb7.jpg

Interesting.

It never occurred to me that people would wear Halloween costumes to the Hollywood Studios event.

But, then it dawned on me that there was also a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party going on that night.

So, these folks were dressed up to go there.

We love to see the costumes people wear to the Halloween party.

There have been times we've gone to the MK to watch people walking in in their costumes.

But, that didn't seem like a good idea tonight.

What if the Unleash The Villains thing was really busy?

So, we decided we would save gawking at MNSSHP costumes for another night, and head straight to DHS.

We decided to avail ourselves of the WL bus service.

As we walked up to the bus stop, a MK bus pulled right up.

We looked at each other.

Why not?

But then a Hollywood Studios bus pulled up.

We really ought to go there and avoid any problems.

But, the MK bus was closer.

So change of plans.

That's how we roll.

And, that is how we found ourselves at the MK entrance at just a couple of minutes before 6 pm:

UnleashtheVillians004_zps72b60b9b.jpg

This was our first time seeing the Halloween decorations this year:

UnleashtheVillians005_zps26954995.jpg

UnleashtheVillians006_zps0e61f7f8.jpg

The way it works on MNSSHP nights is guests with party tickets can enter the park beginning at 4 pm.  Guests with regular passes and tickets can enter the park right up to 7 pm, but once 7 hits, you have to leave.

So, we had an hour to look around, and then get the Fort out.

We convinced ourselves that we would be fine.  We would leave the MK before 7 and head to DHS.  We would get there by 8, right in time for the Release the Villains event.

On first entering the park, things didn't seem too busy.  I wondered why anyone would buy a separate ticket for the MNSSHP tonight, rather than go to DHS for "free."  But, there were lots of guests streaming in for the party.

I snapped this photo at 6:02 pm.  Those guests are in the line to meet Jack and Sally from the Nightmare Before Christmas franchise.  They won't get to do that for another hour:

UnleashtheVillians007_zps4be2a754.jpg

Overall, it wasn't real crowded in the MK:

UnleashtheVillians008_zpsd95e4652.jpg

Did you see that guy in the pumpkin Mickey ears?

Too bad I'm going to be nice and not say anything snarky about the guests here for the party.

That's known as TCDMR - TCD's Mother's Rule- If you can't say anything nice, then don't say anything at all.  So no comment on the guy in the pumpkin Mickey ears.

Speaking of interesting sights, did you notice that those people waiting in the Jack and Sally line all have costumes on?:

UnleashtheVillians009_zps928ca219.jpg

Can you see these ladies who are first in line?:

costumes_zps133b6251.jpg

TCDMR.

That's what I'm talking about.

Twin #1 and I moved over to the other entrance area in front of the Town Square Theater.  That is a prime viewing location for guests arriving for the party.  We could just stand there and watch them come by:

UnleashtheVillians010_zps2d459797.jpg

Hey!  It's another guy in a pumpkin hat!  Oh wait, that's the same guy.  TCDMR.

Also, do you see that lady in the yellow t-shirt that says 23-19?  That stumped me.  But, when she walked by, Twin #1 pointed out that she had a sock on the back of her shirt.  That is a Monsters, Inc. costume.  Good job.

Here comes a little Peter Pan:

UnleashtheVillians011_zps2520bd98.jpg

I failed on getting a photo of a bigger Peter Pan.  I actually appreciated the big Peter Pan's costume because he wore trousers.  Thank you for that.

Here are a couple of princesses in tutus:

UnleashtheVillians013_zps811155c3.jpg

And a guy in a really short cave man skirt (TCDMR) :

UnleashtheVillians014_zps2cf306f8.jpg

Whoa- it's Princess Jasmine! :

UnleashtheVillians015_zps38b41d95.jpg

Good thing Ft. Wilderness Guy wasn't here.

Here is a Merida.  Without the hair.  Nice dress, but sorry, that's a fail:

UnleashtheVillians016_zps045c7cf7.jpg

UnleashtheVillians017_zps0c03890a.jpg

Let's see. . . what was next?

Oh yeah, two Minnie's and a guy with Goofy boxers:

UnleashtheVillians018_zpsdbaa59cd.jpg

You know what they need at the MNSSHP's?

A costume police.

And it should be me.

I would stand at the entrance and tell certain guests no.

This guy would get a no from me:

UnleashtheVillians019_zps7d77fc55.jpg

Bro, those are boxers.

They go under your pants.

Thanks.

Oh, in case you missed it, don't miss the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man and Ghostbuster in the back left of that last photo.  We will get a better look at them in just a bit.

Here come a couple of girls who are Disneybounding.

Have you heard of that?

You wear clothes that are the same color as a Disney character, and add accessories. It's like wearing a costume, but not:

UnleashtheVillians020_zps346ba6b5.jpg

Do you get who they're trying to be?

How about a clue? :

UnleashtheVillians021_zpsa3580225.jpg

See, that one has an Ariel bag.

So she's supposed to be Ariel.

We think the other one is supposed to be Tinkerbelle.

Now here comes a kid with a box on his head.  We think he's supposed to be Wreck it Ralph.  The pixelated box looks weird in this photo:

UnleashtheVillians022_zps901107ba.jpg

For no apparent reason, Ralph is traveling with Bat Man and Bat Girl, and a smaller girl with a mask and a cane.  I'm not sure what's going on here:

UnleashtheVillians023_zps9505e74c.jpg

Anyone know who the girl is supposed to be?

That raises another point.

If I was the Costume Police, I would not allow non-Disney character costumes.  Bat Man?  No. You have to be one of the Avengers.

Also, if I don't know who you are supposed to be, you have to explain it to me, and I may not allow you in.

For example, I have no idea who this girl in the yellow dress is supposed to be:

UnleashtheVillians024_zps1f782bf2.jpg

Indiana Jones, yes.  Daisy Duck, no:

UnleashtheVillians025_zps7e1d04fc.jpg

You may have noticed the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man was in the back of a lot of those last photos.  He finally got moving:

UnleashtheVillians026_zpsc65c3273.jpg

UnleashtheVillians027_zpsa5fd9e2f.jpg

I wasn't sure who these two were supposed to be, but Twin #1 said Jack and Sally:

UnleashtheVillians028_zps595b865d.jpg

I think that's right.

Some good old pirates:

UnleashtheVillians029_zpsc5684a88.jpg

Pirates always work at MNSSHP.

Better than pumpkin hats.

I'm not sure if you can see him too good, but there's a guy in a wizard/sorcerer costume back there that appears to be made of velvet:

UnleashtheVillians030_zpsc61beb83.jpg

Props to Ralph for the photobomb in that last pic.

There's a pretty good Cruela costume in the center of this shot:

UnleashtheVillians031_zps7f579011.jpg

This young lady in the Giselle costume from the movie Enchanted was gorgeous.  Good job to her.  I have no idea who her friend with the red yarn hair is supposed to be:

UnleashtheVillians032_zps15185744.jpg

Oh, and nice photobomb by the Velveteen Wizard in that last photo.

I neglected to mention that it was north of 90 degrees right at that point.  That is going to be one hot wizard.

Does anyone like looking at all these costumes as much as I do?

I hope so, because I have some more.

But, I have to share those in the next update, because we are right at the photo limit for this one.

TCD

This young lady in the Giselle costume from the movie Enchanted was gorgeous.  Good job to her.  I have no idea who her friend with the red yarn hair is supposed to be:

That's raggedy ann maybe? But the colors are backwards. Its supposed to be a blue dress with white apron.

This young lady in the Giselle costume from the movie Enchanted was gorgeous. Good job to her. I have no idea who her friend with the red yarn hair is supposed to be:

That's raggedy ann maybe? But the colors are backwards. Its supposed to be a blue dress with white apron.

Maybe Wendy of burger fame? Or Pippie Longstocking? Did she have red hair?

I think Nicki was actually making a Big Bang Theory reference when she said Sheldon requires it. He always knocks three time, says a perons name, and repeat twice more.

Big Bang Theory?  I've never seen it.

I hope that I was wrong about Nicki taking orders from her dog.

I always enjoy your costume pic updates!

My mom has the same rule and therefore I will hold all comments.

Except for the guy who wore underwear only and the short skirt caveman.

Inappropriate and gross you are.

I think I channeled Master Yoda.

You don't like that caveman costume?

Shoot.

Now I have to think of something else to wear for when we go.

That's raggedy ann maybe? But the colors are backwards. Its supposed to be a blue dress with white apron.

I don't think Raggedy Ann's hair was that long.

And, she has some make-up on, so I think she would have done her face like Raggedy Ann's:

I zoomed in a bit to see the makeup, and now I see that she has little spots on her legs:

yarnhair_zps8ce38b9d.jpg

I'll bet this is something trendy.

That's why I don't know anything about it.

The box head is not Ralph. It's Steve from Minecraft. Minecraft is an online/video game where kids build stuff. Sort of like virtual Legos. My son is a master.  8)

Minecraft?

What?

OK, I'm officially an old man.

Actually, I think I was already officially an old man.

When my kids were young, they used to hate it when old people didn't know what their costumes were supposed to be.  Years ago, when iPods first came out, one of the TCD girls made an awesome iPod costume.  It looked exactly like an iPod.  Every old geezer on our street asked if she was a TV.  Except one guy who thought she was a washing machine.  Fail.

So your son is a master of virtual Legos?  You must be so proud.  LOL.

i like to sit on the porch and watch everyone heading out to the party...  great pics!  we can always count on you to give us a dis fix.  (sigh)  wish i was there...

I've never watched everyone leave.

I like to watch them come in.

Especially when it's still light out.

Maybe Wendy of burger fame? Or Pippie Longstocking? Did she have red hair?

I don't think so.

Look at the close up.

The clothes aren't right.

And Pippi's ponytails stuck straight out.  I think Wendy's do too.

That was my guess too. 

Which one?  I don't think either is right.

And, I'm still looking for an answer on who this is supposed to be:

yellowdress_zpsa9889141.jpg

TCD

Cleopatra?

My youngest son would love the MineCraft costume.

Cleopatra?

I've never heard of that show either.

J/K- you might be right- maybe it's just one of those costumes for sale in every party store.

Sheldon from Big Bang theory is correct.

And for the record, if you have never had a Dane, they do give orders and whoa is me to the person who doesn't follow them.

Feed me eyes = drool

Gotta go potty eyes= big puddle in the floor

LOL@ the big puddle on the floor.

Oops.

TCD

And for the record, if you have never had a Dane, they do give orders and whoa is me to the person who doesn't follow them.

If you own a Dane, you must be obedient!  Or either you must weigh much more than the dog.

Let's move this along.

This shouldn't be a very long trip report, and we haven't even gotten to the main event yet.

Before we move on, I have a few more MNSSHP costume photos to share.

This family had t-shirts with images of tombstones on them.  Mom and daughter seemed to be going with the Haunted Mansion theme.  I guess dad had a Monsters, Inc. hardhat and figured he needed to wear it:

UnleashtheVillians033_zpsb5d2e18e.jpg

There was an older gentleman with a pretty sweet pirate costume- you can see him there behind the lady with the camera.  That lady goes with the Velveteen Wizard, who, by the way, was still hanging around:

UnleashtheVillians034_zps67f33df0.jpg

Here are two Asian girls in Jack and Sally costumes.  Asian people know how to wear a costume.  Don't miss the two princesses and the baby pirate next to them:

UnleashtheVillians035_zps2fe1a215.jpg

Over there, past that pirate, there's a lady in a really good Ursula costume, and a girl in a Native American costume.  I wasn't able to get head on shots of them, because some ding-a-ling in a wizard hat and velvet robe was now standing in front of me:

UnleashtheVillians036_zps7ac620d3.jpg

I think this is Wendy from Peter Pan, but it could be Alice.   I always get those two mixed up:

UnleashtheVillians037_zps40d2a29b.jpg

Speaking of Asian people, check out Fozzie Bear and Kermit.  Also, please don't miss Kermit's fanny pack.  That has got to be the biggest fanny pack I've ever seen.  And I was around when they were in vogue, so I've seen a lot:

UnleashtheVillians039_zps3484f3a8.jpg

Here comes a couple of service dogs.  And a skeleton family.  And, over there to the right, it's a green army man:

UnleashtheVillians041_zpsc9dc9ff1.jpg

Here's a better look at the green army man.  And, a pretty good Perry.  Perry's companion had a labcoat on.  I guess he was Dr. D?   Oh, and nice photobomb Velveteen Wizard:

UnleashtheVillians042_zps2e52b50e.jpg

Here comes Superman.  He's been working out I see-look at those Abs:

UnleashtheVillians043_zpseaa42e3b.jpg

Superman's sidekick was a really old Batman.  I tried to get a photo of them together, but the hotty they were traveling with blocked the view.  I had to snap it then or I would have been blocked again by my buddy in velvet:

UnleashtheVillians044_zpse4f90989.jpg

There was a family that came in with Alice in Wonderland costumes on.  The mom had on the white stocking and everything, and she was very strong.  You can see the dad in his rabbit ears straggling behind:

UnleashtheVillians045_zpsf88daf46.jpg

The girl in the center has a set of goggles on her head, and ripped clothing.  We couldn't think of who she is supposed to be.  It is a character from Atlantis?:

UnleashtheVillians046_zpsea5affe2.jpg

You might be wondering which of all of these costumes was my favorite?

I haven't posted that photo yet.

But here it comes.

It was this lady, who decided to dress up as a Red Sox fan:

UnleashtheVillians047_zps20c5169a.jpg

That costume is downright brilliant.

I love how she stuffed that pillow up there under her shirt, and the scooter is a perfect touch.  Good job lady!

These poor folks decided to break out their Bucs jerseys:

UnleashtheVillians048_zps7929e636.jpg

The lady in the Dolphins jersey behind them has much more to be happy about these days than the Bucs fans.

Well, this was fun.

But, it was getting to be 6:15.

We had to go at 7.

We decided that we should go and take a look at the new Princess meet and greet area.

And maybe get a beverage at the Main Street Bakery.

So, we headed in.

I love the Main Street Halloween décor:

UnleashtheVillians049_zps2064b78b.jpg

UnleashtheVillians050_zpsad4b1e08.jpg

UnleashtheVillians051_zpsaf05f447.jpg

Then we headed to the bakery.

Some people say that the bakery was turned into a Starbucks.

But it's not a Starbucks.

No sir, the sign says it's a bakery:

UnleashtheVillians052_zpsfe5571ab.jpg

They have a big display of baked goods right there in the middle of the store.  Notice I didn't say fresh baked:

UnleashtheVillians053_zps6c231a6c.jpg

Also notice that there are plenty of castmembers standing there with nothing to do.  If you want one of those baked items imported from a bakery in New Jersey or wherever it is they come from, you will not have to wait at all.

There's a big stand in the middle of the bakery selling coffee beans and such.  Just what you want to carry around a theme park:

UnleashtheVillians055_zps0b869bea.jpg

Even though the menus posted overhead all relate to beverages, this is a bakery- you understand?:

UnleashtheVillians056_zpsfd2584bc.jpg

Here's a cool story . . .

You see that white baseball hat there in the bottom right corner of that last photo?

It belongs to a Fiend.

I had no idea that she would be there, but there she was.

Anyone recognize the hat?

I'll let y'all guess who it was, and let's see if anyone guesses right.

In the meantime, I'll be over here waiting by these drink wraps:

UnleashtheVillians057_zps046da73e.jpg

Hey, what are those Starbucks drink wraps doing here?

TCD

Great Pictures!  Why would they even make Goofy underwear like that?  Just wrong. Giselle wins it for me, that girl wears that pretty dress perfectly! Awesome!  Not to mention that is my fav movie!  The box head kid was good too, and your right it did look weird on that on picture.  I could not see the cruella costume you thought was good, I must be blind.

Nice update! Thank you so much  :clint:

Laura

Yes, very proud of the virtual Legos. They hurt a whole lot less when you step on them than their non-virtual brothers. And I know what you mean about the costumes being misinterpreted. My son was Yoda once and was asked constantly if he was Shrek. And at last years MNSSHP, he was Dipper from Gravity Falls and even I barely knew who he was. 

LOL, Cleo is not from a show that I know of.  I didn't know it was rule that all costumes had to be Disney inspired.  I thought maybe the girl just liked all the bling on her collar and belt.