Is there any basis for a rumor that the Osborne Lights will be terminated at HS and maybe moved to EPCOT after this year?  I can't picture where this might be done.

That is tied to the rumor that the whole streets of America area will be torn down for a new area to be built.

I haven't heard the Epcot part of the rumor either.

Interesting... but I like TCD said, where would they put them??  Unless they put them around World Showcase - which could actually be pretty darn cool.

In the rumor mills I have heard exactly that. Around the World Showcase

I know that they could put them around the World Showcase.

But, that would kind of destroy the atmosphere of World Showcase for two months out of the year.

Plus, crowd control would be a huge issue.

I can't see that happening.

But, you know what I say about Disney management, so who knows?

TCD

But, that would kind of destroy the atmosphere of World Showcase for two months out of the year.

Plus, crowd control would be a huge issue.

Even longer - don't Osborne lights start going up in August?

Crowd control would be a doozie for sure, but then it's pretty lousy at HS too.  Of course there's nothing else going on over on the Streets of America, unlike WS.

Time will tell, but I'm with you in doubting this will happen at Epcot.

...oh and that would mean they'd be trying to put up Osborne lights smack in the middle of Food & Wine.  Now THAT would be a kerfuffle of epic proportions.  8)

Not to mention, that the Osborne lights are lit up while the Food and Wine Festival is still going on in November.

I wouldn't mind attending a Food and Wine Festival in the middle of the Osborne Lights.  But, it ain't going to happen.

TCD

I don't see them moving them at all.

There is confirmed news that the new glow with the show ears will be tied into the Osborn lights. That is allot of technology being installed for that to work. I know Disney isn't known for super smart decisions. But why would they spend all that time and money to install the technology and get it working, just to tear it down?

I don't see them moving them at all.

There is confirmed news that the new glow with the show ears will be tied into the Osborn lights. That is allot of technology being installed for that to work. I know Disney isn't known for super smart decisions. But why would they spend all that time and money to install the technology and get it working, just to tear it down?

also seems like they spent a good deal of money changing over to LED . I would like to see more decorations around the WS but not the intensity of OL 

• 2 months later...