Why would anyone build a residential covered bridge for vehicular traffic with just a 6'6" clearance?   My van would not fit under it...especially now.  :rofl2:

Yeah.

The guy with the trailer is a dummy.  But whoever built this bridge is a bigger dummy.

There's no reason to have a covered bridge in Florida.   And certainly no reason to build one with such low clearance.

TCD

TCD

There's no reason to have a covered bridge in Florida.   And certainly no reason to build one with such low clearance.

TCD

It might have been done to control the loads going across. It may only have enough capacity for the weight of a car or pick-up.

They can move the bridge to my back yard.  I have always wanted one.  I love them but not good for trying to get something tall through it.

We have one parking garage at Egleston Children's Hospital here in Atlanta that our van will not fit in.  And in the newer parking garage, it is not possible to get it onto all the levels.  Hello...it is a children's hospital where at least 60% of the parents have handicapped accessible vans....where are we supposted to park?