DaveInTN’s March 2010 Trip Report – The Quest for Ms. White

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did 2 tables and 2 kitchen sinks.  One thing is to ask for the whipped cream on the side, and then you can actually see what you are eating. Our table didn't, the other one did.  Scoop out the ice cream and goodies, then slop on the whipped cream!  And you can ask for/substitute ice cream flavors also.

Did you get a Dole Whip yet, or did I just overlook that post?

And who ever says girls can't eat as much as boys have never had more than 1.  Our 3 girls all ate way more than my son ever did growing up, and they can still out eat him 2 to 1!

Love the kitchen sink pics!

Thanks!  Those are pretty yummy. 

Have you seen how many girls are in Dave's family? 

Truth. 

We did 2 tables and 2 kitchen sinks.  One thing is to ask for the whipped cream on the side, and then you can actually see what you are eating. Our table didn't, the other one did.  Scoop out the ice cream and goodies, then slop on the whipped cream!  And you can ask for/substitute ice cream flavors also.

Did you get a Dole Whip yet, or did I just overlook that post?

And who ever says girls can't eat as much as boys have never had more than 1.  Our 3 girls all ate way more than my son ever did growing up, and they can still out eat him 2 to 1!

I don't remember if we had Dole Whips on this trip....I have them now and then, but (keep this a secret) they are not actually my favorite thing.  I enjoy a bit of it, but would rather have something else.  Like a Magic Cookie Bar. 

And yes, teenage girls can EAT! 

Excellent campsite location!!  So great to see others enjoying the fishing.  

So good to see all is well with Mrs. White, and you didn't have to provide her with any jewels. 

Great trip report, wish we were there also.

Jewels?  Never.  She can get her jewels from the dwarfs. 

so many trs that i had missed... fun

Catch up!

Crystal Palace…and It Kind of Defeats the Purpose

Well, it’s about time to wrap up this trip report, so here we go. The last two days at the Fort we had planned some downtime to enjoy the resort. We had a dinner ADR at Crystal Palace for Thursday evening, and were going to the HDDR for our last night on Friday. Other than that, we relaxed a bit. 

I’ve always enjoyed the buffet at CP. Plus, who doesn’t like Pooh? So we hit the boats late afternoon for the MK and entered the gates. We had enough time to hit a ride before dinner, but weren’t sure what to do. We would have like to ride SM, but didn’t have fastpasses so that wasn’t going to work. Or was it? Wouldn’t you know it, but right after coming through the gates a man approached us on his way out of the park and asked if we could use 5 SM fastpasses. And there were 5 of us that wanted to ride. Are you kidding me? Another magical encounter!   :fairydust:

So, DD9, DD4 and I hopped the train to get BTMR fastpasses for later that evening while DW, DD14 and DD12 rode SM. Then, I handed DD4 off to them while DD9 and I rode it. And then it was time for our ADR. That worked out perfectly!

We were seated within 15 minutes or so of arriving at CP, and got a phenomenal corner table along the windows with a view of the castle.   :waycool:  We hit the buffet, and then the characters started coming around.

DSCF3199.JPG

DSCF3200.JPG

DSCF3201.JPG

DSCF3204.JPG

DSCF3205.JPG

DSCF3207.JPG

DSCF3210.JPG

I love that DD14 will still hug a character!

DSCF3209.JPG

As the sun was getting low in the sky it lit up the castle so beautifully.

DSCF3214.JPG

DSCF3215.JPG

More character interactions!

DSCF3217.JPG

DSCF3218.JPG

DSCF3219.JPG

DSCF3221.JPG

After dinner we headed over toward Liberty Square to get a good spot for Spectromagic. We staked out some spots right along the rope…front row! We’d never seen the parade this close before, and it was really beautiful. 

After the parade, we used our BTMR fastpasses. I love that ride in the dark! And all 6 of us can ride together as DD4 loves it too! We had a blast. And then, we headed to the exits and went home.

On Friday we stayed in the campground all day. DW and I are training to run the Country Music Half Marathon in late April in Nashville, and we were due for a run of 9 miles that day. So, we headed out to get our run in. We have a GPS watch to track our distance, and just kept looping until we hit our target. Went to the WL and back, around the canals, hit every loop, back to the WL…it’s tough to get in 9 miles at the Fort without retracing steps! But, we finished, and went back to the RV to clean up and get our swim suits to take the girls to the pool. And I had an ulterior motive for going to the pool.   

Ever since they revamped the menu at the Meadow Snack Bar a year or two ago, I had wanted to try the Southern Smothered Hot Dog. I know it sounds disgusting. I know it has to have about 100 grams of fat. I know it is loaded with enough chemicals to keep Denise supplied with pesticides for a month. But I knew I had to have one! 

And it was good! Surprisingly good. Even more surprising is that I didn’t feel sick afterward. So it must have been decent quality crap. 

But then my wife pointed out that I had run 9 miles that morning. And then I ate that thing. Which sort of defeats the purpose. But so what. I enjoyed myself. 

And, we had fun on the slide!

PICT0255.JPG

PICT0258.JPG

PICT0259.JPG

PICT0262.JPG

PICT0263.JPG

PICT0265.JPG

PICT0266.JPG

That night, we hit the HDDR. I have previously posted on how Six Bits fell ill during the performance and had to be taken to the hospital.   Shan was able to find out that he was recuperating and expected to make a full recovery.   The show wasn’t the same without him, but we enjoyed ourselves nonetheless. And, we were right up by the stage!

DSCF3222.JPG

DSCF3223.JPG

DSCF3224.JPG

DSCF3225.JPG

I really hope to be able to see the show again in the future, with our Six Bits back on stage. He is an amazing comic performer, and he cracks me up! 

Anyways, that was pretty much the end of the Disney component of our trip. We headed out the next morning to make the short drive up to the Villages to visit my parents, before heading home to TN. It was a great trip, and we really made a point of enjoying all the details considering we don’t expect to get back to the Fort anytime soon. Such as this parting photo taken that last night. This is a view I will miss, and I look forward to seeing it through all of your eyes as you share your trip reports in the future.

DSCF3231.JPG

Well, that's it. This report is officially done. Thanks for reading along!

Bravo! Bravo!

Thanks for sharing

Thanks for reading!

Did you poison Six Bits?

You liked Spectro then!

Love the slide pictures of your girls. So happy!

I have ALWAYS loved Spectro and have called for its return.  It's that drug-fueled MSEP I hate.  

How did I not know about the "Kitchen Sink"?

My kids would love that! I swear we should buy stock in ice cream with as much as we purchase at the store.

As usual enjoyed the report.

You must get yourself a Kitchen Sink next trip down there.  

Another great report!

Thanks Gwen!