DaveInTN’s Off-Site, Off-Topic, Off His Rocker Trip Report - Oct 2010

I am posting my old trip reports from Voldy over here....this one is from our trip in October 2010.  

Well Fiends, as many of you know we snuck off for a top secret trip to Disney last week. And I mean TOP SECRET! Even our kids didn’t know we were going. In fact, about the only person that had an inkling was Al, who I saw in Buffalo a couple weeks back and told him we were hoping to get back for one more trip before our AP’s expired. I also wanted a “change of scenery” for It’s Not Cindy and me, as we’ve been so consumed with our stop-and-go adoption process that I thought it would be good to step away for a bit and enjoy a week with our girls at the Happiest Place on Earth.  

:jumpforjoy

Why the secrecy?   Well, it wasn’t really our intention to keep it “secret”. It’s just that we weren’t really sure we’d be able to make the trip up until the last couple of days. Didn’t want to get the kids worked up for nothing. So, we told them and our families that I had a business trip to make to St Simons Island, GA. And since we sold our MH over the summer, we simply loaded up the van as if it were any old road trip. 

Well, enough background info. What did we see and do? Where did we stay? And most importantly…what did we eat??? Here are some of the things you can expect in this report:

Those are the Georgia Beach Mountains
I Miss Forting Around
Ohhhhh-HANA!
A Visit With Tom on Jackwagon Run
Disney’s 5th Theme Park
Goodbye Tri-Circle-D Farm
Food & Whine
Please Don’t Let Them Sing to Me

And, no DaveInTN trip report would be complete without an update on my favorite little apple-munching whack job…

Still Elusive….Still A Biotch!

And so, without any further delays, let’s load up the Family Fun Bus and hit the road!

DSCF3975.jpg

DSCF3977.jpg

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fun! Another DiT family trip report! It's fun to see the girls growing up before our eyes.

Page one!!!

Another DIT TR.

It's like it's 3 years ago. Hanna Montana and the Jonas Brothers are cool again.

Woohoo!!! Another DIT trip report!!!

Thanks to all of you who are otherwise occupied at the Fort right now. Without such a distraction, who knows if I would have made it here on page 1.

Here we go! I'm in!

I'm in!

Page 1 6 hours after this is posted! Whoa!

Page 1!

You guys are awesome!  Stuck at home like me while all those other clowns are partying at the Fort.  It'll be page infinity for them.  

But let the record show.....Judy was #1.  She gets a free Anna hug.  All she has to do is drive to TN.