Ants in the Cheerios - Final Update 12/21

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you x 2.   The PGA has chaplains, too.  But I don't think he would want to be on the road so much and away from his family right now since his children are so young.  We'll see.

Do they let you add your own border? Can you add one so we can see what it looks like off of the CD?

TCD

Apparently this border is no longer available.  Since I already received the CD, they want $14.95 for a download.  Not gonna happen.

Apparently this border is no longer available.  Since I already received the CD, they want $14.95 for a download.  Not gonna happen.

LOL.

Next time, take a free photo of the display.

Although with the new angle of the camera, you can't see y'all very well there in the back seat.

I really wonder how many of these photos they sell? I guess enough to pay for the equipment.

TCD

LOL.

Next time, take a free photo of the display.

Although with the new angle of the camera, you can't see y'all very well there in the back seat.

I really wonder how many of these photos they sell? I guess enough to pay for the equipment.

TCD

Next time I will take the free photo.  We won't purchase PP+ again any time soon for just the two of us.

It didn't help that the people in the front threw their arms up.

I don't know.  I can't imagine many people buying them.

Next time I will take the free photo.  We won't purchase PP+ again any time soon for just the two of us.

It didn't help that the people in the front threw their arms up.

I don't know.  I can't imagine many people buying them.

When we went as a family and often had different folks with us, we bought the pictures often.  That was actually our primary souvenir.  I used to have my wall at my office literally "COVERED" in attraction photos.  It is neat to see the boys grow up in attraction photos.  I just moved offices about a month ago, and did not put the attraction photos back up, but scanned them all in to an electronic photo frame that rotates through the pictures in my office :)

When we went as a family and often had different folks with us, we bought the pictures often.  That was actually our primary souvenir.  I used to have my wall at my office literally "COVERED" in attraction photos.  It is neat to see the boys grow up in attraction photos.  I just moved offices about a month ago, and did not put the attraction photos back up, but scanned them all in to an electronic photo frame that rotates through the pictures in my office :)

Neat!

When we went as a family with our kids PhotoPass hadn't even been invented!

Yeah, I've bought quite a few in my day. Definitely when the girls were younger- the photos used to be fun. But, dang they're expensive now, and they're not all that great of photos when you get down to it.

TCD

Yeah, I've bought quite a few in my day. Definitely when the girls were younger- the photos used to be fun. But, dang they're expensive now, and they're not all that great of photos when you get down to it.

TCD

We usually get a PP but rely on the pics they take from my own camera.

We usually get a PP but rely on the pics they take from my own camera.

Photopass is fairly new in the last few years, but the attraction photos have been around since at least 1997 (our first trip). We weren't real big on developing film, so at that time, the only way i KNEW I was going to get pictures is to buy the attraction photos, then we kind of just stuck with it as tradition.  I no longer purchase every attraction photo, but do get a few of them if family is along (which isn't often anymore).

Do they let you add your own border? Can you add one so we can see what it looks like off of the CD?

TCD

Ill just respond to one pf the posts in the discussion.

Once the photos are on the CD, you cannot add borders. Before you order the CD, add borders to the pictures and save them as a copy, then when you get the CD, the borders will be on the pictures. Once the CD is burned, you will have to buy the photos if you want to add the disney borders to them.

Thursday, November 14 - Part 2

Here in France we experienced the most unbelievable PP photographer!

She started by examining my camera. 

She asked how long I've had it and how much I paid for the lens. 

Why did I ever want that lens anyway.  I responded that I would rather have purchased the 18-200mm lens but that lens has a problem with lens creep.  So I opted for the more expensive one.

Then what kind of training I've had in using it. 

She told us she had been trained by the best photographers in the world.  Blah, blah, and more blah. 

Here's one of the many bad photos she took.  Terribly off-center, foreign object in photo I think she should have told me to move (as other PP photogs did), and I think she should have reminded me to get that stray piece of hair off my forehead.  After all, she lectured me for 10 minutes about my camera.  She could have spared 10 seconds to ask me to move my hair and sun visor.

00PPphoto.jpg

We had a great lunch at Chefs de France.  I know many of you don't like it, but it's one of our favorites in EPCOT.  Then my camera quit focusing again, and again I pulled out the little one.  I continually switched between cameras all afternoon, so apparently the big one kept acting up.

01bread.jpg

French onion soup without bread:

02frenchonionsoup.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of David's lobster bisque, but it was delicious as always.

While we were eating we watched a water artist drawing on the sidewalk:

04waterartist.jpg

We both had:

03quiche.jpg

David's dessert.  I think it's chocolate mousse:

05davidsdessert.jpg

My dessert:

06mydessert.jpg

After lunch we visited Morocco.  I just love taking pictures there!

07morocco1.jpg

08morocco2.jpg

09morocco3.jpg

10moroccco4.jpg

11morocco5.jpg

12morocco6.jpg

13morocco7.jpg

14morocco8.jpg

Next was Japan:

15japan1.jpg

17japan2whatcrowdwatching.jpg

Hmmm ... wonder why the large crowd in the last pic.

They were watching Miyuki!

18japan3miyuki.jpg

16japan4arch.jpg

19japan5water.jpg

I have no idea why we skipped the American Adventure.

Italy was next:

20italy1.jpg

21italy2.jpg

22italy3.jpg

23italy4.jpg

24italy5.jpg

25italy6.jpg

Notice how I seem to have a habit of taking pics of arches and lights?  It's because I'm intrigued by the shapes and shadows.

Next up was Germany.

26germany1.jpg

David always wants to see the clocks:

29germany4clocks.jpg

27germany2.jpg

28germany3.jpg

To be continued ...

Nice photo, not PP person.

No, she wasn't nice.

Love the shot of the Epcot ball with the Christmas trees.

I've never eaten at that restaurant, but now I want to. 

It isn't cheap -- nothing at Disney is -- but it is consistently good.

Your dessert looks better than David's.  I hate mousse. 

His mousse was good.  I had a tiny taste.  We got the price fixe menu, but I asked if the chef would do fruit for me since I'm a low carber.  They always accommodate my request.

I would have taken a photo of the photopass photographer.

What a tool.

TCD

I wish I had!  Then I would have her name and could send in a complaint about her.  There was no excuse for the personal questions she asked me.  Or her bigger than the state of Texas ego.

Thursday, November 14 - Part 3

We continued on to China.

01China.jpg

02China.jpg

03China.jpg

04China.jpg

05China5.jpg

06China6.jpg

On to Norway:

07Norway1.jpg

08Norway2.jpg

09Norway3.jpg

10Norway4.jpg

11Norway5.jpg

Another service dog area.  This one was bigger.

12Norwayservicedogarea6.jpg

13Norway7.jpg

And then we went on to Mexico:

14Mexico1.jpg

15Mexico2.jpg

16Mexico3.jpg

17Mexico4.jpg

David was annoyed that I asked him to go on the Mexican Small World.  And there was a line.

18Mexico5MSW1.jpg

19Mexico6MSW2.jpg

20Mexico7MSW3.jpg

So long, Mexico!

21Mexico8.jpg

Our last stop was Spaceship Earth.

22SpaceshipEarth1.jpg

23SE2.jpg

24SE3nopipe.jpg

David gritted his teeth when I asked him to stop for another PP pic.  This guy was very nice and extremely entertaining, but he refused to use my camera.  He said he would only work with one camera.  Not what I wanted to hear.  The pictures weren't great, so I won't bore you with them.

We said goodbye to EPCOT and had a very long wait for a bus.  Again no buses in sight.

26nobuses.jpg

Here's when I took the photo of SE that looks like the top is damaged.

25SEdamage.jpg

We got back to our site, took care of Kassie, and went looping. 

When we got back to Dolly a woman who had the site nearly across from us walked over with a huge smile on her face.  It was Okieatheart!  She is such a nice person!  We loved getting to know her and her DH over the next few days and really hope we get to see them at the fort again.  I hope you all have the opportunity to meet them. 

She didn't want me to take her picture, but I did anyway. 

27Okieatheart.jpg

And, I've never met Okieatheart, but that is a great photo of her, too.

TCD

That's Jean Ann and we have become good online pen pals through PMs. Hey, don't judge her, she doesn't know me yet.

I recently nagged her to post more, but she's not listening to me. Knowing how the ladies, albeit misguided, flock to you, maybe she'll listen to you.

Alright Gwen, where are the pictures of you guys stopping by the caramel shop in Germany and getting some of that awesome caramel popcorn, or salted caramels?

I'm a low carber.  I don't eat refined sugars.  I went in once just to take photos.

That's another great batch of photos, Gwen!

You did a great job capturing the details and beauty of each of the pavilions.

And, I've never met Okieatheart, but that is a great photo of her, too.

TCD

Thank you again!  Hope you get to meet Jean Ann one day.

That's Jean Ann and we have become good online pen pals through PMs. Hey, don't judge her, she doesn't know me yet.

I recently nagged her to post more, but she's not listening to me. Knowing how the ladies, albeit misguided, flock to you, maybe she'll listen to you.

She has been traveling a lot.  Maybe since she's back home she will start posting more.