The Meadows porch is being repainted and one of the rocking chairs is being held hostage:

Oh the humanity. Where are the "chair rights" people when you really need them?

As for Dave's Fiend-mingos, I guess when he packed up and left the Fort, he let them go back into the wild. Looks like the Meadows trappers caught them again.

I did just speak to a worker who was on his way in.

He stated the bat house will be 18x18 and 30 feet tall. I told you it was a ton of lumber.

He surmised it may help the Fort's mosquito population in about 20 years.

Nice scoop, Aaron.

This sounds like the bat house/bat barn they have at the University of Florida. You can read more about that here: http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/bats/

My favorite factoid from that website:

In 2009, the internal structure of the house collapsed from the weight of the bats and the urine-soaked wood. The internal structure of the house was rebuilt and the Bat Barn added in 2010.

Once the bats move in, I don't think they're going to need that fence and gate to keep guests away from that side of the canal.

TCD

In 2009, the internal structure of the house collapsed from the weight of the bats and the urine-soaked wood. The internal structure of the house was rebuilt and the Bat Barn added in 2010.

Ewwwww....  :wetpants: I hope they installed bat potties in the new bat barn...

I do not like bats....I will have no problem staying away from that area. However I do know they are great for getting rid of pesky mosquitos and other unwanted guests. Some friends of ours bought a wonderful old home in Athens, Ga. several years ago. It was a unique old farm house with hidden rooms, etc. One night K was in the bathroom and she saw something above her head and when she looked up she was starring right at a bat. Of course she let out this loud scream and her poor hubby came running, thinking she had fallen or even worse. When he found out why she was screaming he could not stop laughing but he did remove the bat from the house to the yard.

We are at the Fort now so we will have to check out the construction if we ever finish setting up the decorations, etc.

LOU, you will be so happy....we do not have room for ALL my blow ups. I am sad but Ken isn't. Ha!!!!!

One night K was in the bathroom and she saw something above her head and when she looked up she was starring right at a bat. 

That would just about kill INC.  It doesn't help that, before I knew how much she hated bats, I told her the story of my brother.  He was a plebe at the Naval Academy when he woke up one night in his bed and felt something biting his leg.  It was a bat, and he contracted rabies from it.  Spent weeks in the hospital there, and missed so much he had to leave the academy.   

New breaking news!!!!

There is absolutely no water on the 2000 loop.

Not at the sites....not at the comfort stations. Glad we are leaving in the morning.

Pretty sure the new guy is touring the loop.

I just overheard him talking about delivering water to every site. That must mean this is not a real short term issue.

What the Fort?

My predictions are beginning to come true!!  Jose is shutting off the water spigots and delivering Perrier to each site.  The first step toward Concierge level campsites at $479/night.

I hate say it, but you weren't too far off.

That CM standing there who I thought was doing traffic control offered to valet my car and take my bags to the site.

I told him, thanks, but no thanks, I can't afford to stay here.