Are we sure that one of the "Fort residents" who live there and conduct business there aren't already doing this?  If seems it's ok to run various businesses at the Fort, why not a "MagicBand and Parking Pass" reseller? 

I do know that some of them add people to their reservation and give them keys and parking passes, even though the "customers" aren't staying there. Not sure it s for money, but its still done. There is a GC rental business being conducted from one of the sites, so who knows what else is being done.

Are we sure that one of the "Fort residents" who live there and conduct business there aren't already doing this?  If seems it's ok to run various businesses at the Fort, why not a "MagicBand and Parking Pass" reseller?

I do know that some of them add people to their reservation and give them keys and parking passes, even though the "customers" aren't staying there. Not sure it s for money, but its still done. There is a GC rental business being conducted from one of the sites, so who knows what else is being done.

Once again, I'm behind the curve.

Personally, I wouldn't want to have guests on my reservation whom I don't know. I can imagine many ways that could come back to bite.

TCD

I'm actually guilty of that, but only for people I know well. Usually my December trip, I'm in a campsite all by my lonesome, and I have some friends that are locals, or choose to stay offsite for the trip.

No way would I get a key card or parking pass for a random stranger that is attached to my reservation. (Although some of the Fiends are a little "strange"  :rofl3: )

Personally, I wouldn't want to have guests on my reservation whom I don't know. I can imagine many ways that could come back to bite.

TCD

No way would I get a key card or parking pass for a random stranger that is attached to my reservation. (Although some of the Fiends are a little "strange"  :rofl3: )

Agreed X2

I'm actually guilty of that, but only for people I know well.

I'm guilty too.  I put M/E and the kids on our reservation last month.  

But it would have to be family or really good friends.  No strangers.

How so?

Disney get's it's money for the site and they give away nothing of any dollar value to them.

FPs and the parking fee, costs them nothing unless the park is sold out or the parking lots are completely full, which hardly ever happens.

I think you're right.  My first thought, was that it felt dishonest because someone was saying they would do something (purchase a site and stay there) and then not.  Well, it isn't so much "and then not", but that they knew from the get-go that they wouldn't.  That, in itself, is the simplest form of dishonestly.  Say one thing, and then do another.  However... your point is valid.  They paid for the spot; if they don't choose to use it, then that's their choice.  Personally...I have no problem with all the spots around me "filling" up this way.  Makes for a quieter stay for our family!  ::)    

There should be a way for those staying at the fort to capitalize on that such as get a freebie!

If it were me though, I would at least resell the spot to someone who wants it. Then I would be getting the perks for free. Maybe there should be an external marketplace for that. You would be able to capture abusers and turn something bad into good. Maybe...

Either that or lobby for a minimum night stay to keep it clean which I would be in favor of over raising the prices.