I'm going to stop reading articles about how busy Disney is between Christmas and New Years. I AM going to embrace the fact that it will be crowded. I AM going to have faith in my already scheduled fast passes and I AM going to replace the water in my water bottles with margarita.

That's how I look at it every Christmas we are at Disney.

I just have one question for you. and its an important one...what flavor margarita?

That's how I look at it every Christmas we are at Disney.

I just have one question for you. and its an important one...what flavor margarita?

I make my own lime aid concentrate, and then add tequila, triple sec and water and a perfect margarita awaits. I've also made other fruit concentrates but I prefer a classic lime.

Ray, looks like someone we are going to have to find, just hope they have some to share!!

I'm going to stop reading articles about how busy Disney is between Christmas and New Years. I AM going to embrace the fact that it will be crowded. I AM going to have faith in my already scheduled fast passes and I AM going to replace the water in my water bottles with margarita.

Ok, I won't post that you're out of your mind.

Ok, I won't post that you're out of your mind.

This trip was my husbands idea, I usually plan them when the crowds are low. BUT we're going and we're going to LOVE it. See, that's the margarita talking already.

We were at MK this past Easter/Spring break. We managed to do what we wanted to do despite the jaw dropping crowd. It was funny, we had been at Disney most of the week before the Easter crowd came (very low crowd) and then took the coach to Key West. But it was a little too cold and windy to camp there so we cut that trip short a day and went back to Disney. The difference in crowd level between those few days was crazy.

That's the spirit!!!

One of these years I am also going to lose my mind embrace this fact and get myself there for Christmas.

And I'm pretty sure if DH is coming along, there will have to be copious margaritas involved.  8)

That's the spirit!!!

One of these years I am also going to lose my mind embrace this fact and get myself there for Christmas.

And I'm pretty sure if DH is coming along, there will have to be copious margaritas involved.  8)

that reminds me I still need to make a flat Mo to take a picture with on Main St Christmas day.

For the first time in several years, I will not be fighting the crowds to see the lights at HS. I'm sad and miss it. The first year was tough dealing with crowds. After that, I knew what to expect and just enjoyed being there. A simple thing like a boat ride to WL to get pics with my family in front of the awesome Christmas tree, took on even greater meaning.

All kidding aside, the Christmas season at WDW is, do I dare to use the dreaded word, "magical". It's by far my favorite time of the year both as a guest, and as a CM. People are excited to be here throughout the year, but it's ratcheted up at Christmas time. I encourage everyone to come during Dec. at least once, however I would try to stay away from Christmas week, as it's the busiest week of the year, and getting busier every year.

Go to the parks early, have a rough plan of what you want to do, but don't expect to do them all when you want. I'd leave the dozen spread sheets at home though.

If you're going against my advice, and are riding the buses, use them when most others aren't. The best times to ride the buses are about an hour before park opening, just before noon to mid afternoon, depending on the park, an hour or so before park closing, and at least an hour after park closing. Fold your brats Hummer size stroller before the bus arrives. Once on the bus, hold onto it. Don't make me get up and yell at you for sticking it in some nook or cranny where it'll go flying if, strike that, when, I take a corner on two wheels.

No matter what you do, expect to do it with lots of other people, so lower your expectations, be patent, and take breaks from the parks. In fact take breaks from WDW. There are lots of things to do during peak times outside the parks, and outside WDW. Go to DTD, visit some of the other resorts, and not just the "Magic Kingdom Resort Area" resorts. The other Disney deluxe, and moderate resorts are also decorated, as are the on property non Disney resorts. There is also the Boardwalk. And don't forget that there is a whole other world just outside of WDW.

Wait. Do you mean tp say there is something else Besides WDW??? I dont believe it. 

Just to name a few.

Kennedy Space Center

Daytona International Speedway

Winter Park scenic boat tours

Mount Dora

Town of Celebration

Ybor City

West and east coast beaches

Old Town

Lakeridge Winery

St. Augustine

Lake Eola Park

Amelia Island

MLB Spring Training games

The Disney Wilderness Preserve

Because it bears repeating...

All kidding aside, the Christmas season at WDW is, do I dare to use the dreaded word, "magical". It's by far my favorite time of the year both as a guest, and as a CM. People are excited to be here throughout the year, but it's ratcheted up at Christmas time. I encourage everyone to come during Dec. at least once, however I would try to stay away from Christmas week, as it's the busiest week of the year, and getting busier every year.

Go to the parks early, have a rough plan of what you want to do, but don't expect to do them all when you want. I'd leave the dozen spread sheets at home though.

If you're going against my advice, and are riding the buses, use them when most others aren't. The best times to ride the buses are about an hour before park opening, just before noon to mid afternoon, depending on the park, an hour or so before park closing, and at least an hour after park closing. Fold your brats Hummer size stroller before the bus arrives. Once on the bus, hold onto it. Don't make me get up and yell at you for sticking it in some nook or cranny where it'll go flying if, strike that, when, I take a corner on two wheels.

No matter what you do, expect to do it with lots of other people, so lower your expectations, be patient, and take breaks from the parks. In fact take breaks from WDW. There are lots of things to do during peak times outside the parks, and outside WDW. Go to DTD, visit some of the other resorts, and not just the "Magic Kingdom Resort Area" resorts. The other Disney deluxe, and moderate resorts are also decorated, as are the on property non Disney resorts. There is also the Boardwalk. And don't forget that there is a whole other world just outside of WDW.