Refillable Mug news

Walt Disney World

PHOTOS - 2011 Resort Refillable Mugs - now with choice of lid color

Mar 08, 2011

The 'Let the Memories Begin' 2011 Resort Refillable Mugs have been out in the resorts now for a few weeks. Here's a look at them in all their '4 color' lid glory! They are now available with different color lids (black, pink, yellow, and blue) to help keep track of who owns each mug in your group. The cost is $13.99 for unlimited refills on your trip at the resort you are staying at.

Share|

Photos by WDWMAGIC

I don't know, I am using mugs that are so worn off i do not think you can tell where they came from and yet nobody says a word. So although I like the new mugs I will wait until the mouse police make me buy new ones

I'm keeping mine too, unless they have purple :rofl2:

Let's face it, folks.  Disney wants everyone to think that it's always sunny and warm at WDW. 

The latest commercial showing a family's 2011 vacation began showing the 2nd week of February.  If it was truly a 2011 vacation, it would have to have been filmed in January.  TRUST ME when I say that nobody was running around in shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits in January at WDW.  I don't think there was one day above 45 degrees.

So - it's tourism propaganda. It's never cold and dreary at WDW!!

Great, now the son is going to want new mugs.  I don't have any more stinkin room for new mugs! :))

Tell him all that's left is purple ones!!  lol

OK, Rhonda, this is MY son we are talkin' about here....

He will tell me the make, model and year of every stinkin' mug made.... :rofl2:  (and color)

Let's face it, folks.  Disney wants everyone to think that it's always sunny and warm at WDW. 

The latest commercial showing a family's 2011 vacation began showing the 2nd week of February.  If it was truly a 2011 vacation, it would have to have been filmed in January.  TRUST ME when I say that nobody was running around in shorts, t-shirts, and bathing suits in January at WDW.  I don't think there was one day above 45 degrees.

Deb, we were there for 2 weeks in January and I wore shorts the WHOLE time.

I may have also worn a Fleece Jacket or two as well..........  :))

Compared to New England it was still warm there!    :rofl2:

:) :) :) :))8)

Unless it's in the 30's I'm in shorts. 40's and 50's, that's beach weather!

Unless it's in the 30's I'm in shorts. 40's and 50's, that's beach weather!

You sound like my husband.  He is self-employed, so he can wear whatever he wants to work.  Usually when it gets below 50 (we live in Georgia), I start begging him to put on jeans.  His attitude is that he is inside at the store all day and not outside, so what he wears doesn't matter.  I just think he looks funny in shorts when everyone else is bundled up in coats and pants.  If it's below 75, I'm in a coat!!!  I'm always cold!

• 2 weeks later...

Those 2 used refillable mugs on E-Bay just sold for  $26 plus $6 shipping = $32 for 2 mugs.    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that average $16 each, which is more than you can buy them at FW brand new?  :grpwelcome:

Those 2 used refillable mugs on E-Bay just sold for  $26 plus $6 shipping = $32 for 2 mugs.    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that average $16 each, which is more than you can buy them at FW brand new?  :rofl2:

um, yes, that would be correct...i would call that a rip off

Those 2 used refillable mugs on E-Bay just sold for  $26 plus $6 shipping = $32 for 2 mugs.    Now correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't that average $16 each, which is more than you can buy them at FW brand new?  ;)

um, yes, that would be correct...i would call that a rip off

someone didn't crunch the numbers.  :dropjaw:

I see the new mug designs every year and I finally have the urge to come clean and confess: I really don't like the refillable mugs! I mean, I like the concept -- refillable! what's not to love? and Disney! yay! -- but I think I'm just a mug elitist. Muglitest? They're just too cheapo feeling, too thin. With funky handles. I like mugs to be hefty and substantial and make me really feel like, "Hey. I'm DRINKING here." (Okay, coming from someone who usually fills her mug with decaf, I don't have much clout behind that statement, but there you go.)

<deep breath> There. I said it! Carry on.

I see the new mug designs every year and I finally have the urge to come clean and confess: I really don't like the refillable mugs! I mean, I like the concept -- refillable! what's not to love? and Disney! yay! -- but I think I'm just a mug elitist. Muglitest? They're just too cheapo feeling, too thin. With funky handles. I like mugs to be hefty and substantial and make me really feel like, "Hey. I'm DRINKING here." (Okay, coming from someone who usually fills her mug with decaf, I don't have much clout behind that statement, but there you go.)

<deep breath> There. I said it! Carry on.

I know how you feel.  I like my coffee cups to be heavy and lined in metal to keep my coffee HOT!!!  However, I'll admit that I do have several Disney refillable mugs that I keep in the RV just for the Fort.

I miss the ol' resort specific mugs.  :dance: The generic ones are too...generic.  :blowup:

I have an old Fort Wilderness childrens T-shirt, and old FW towel (Mickey with coon skin hat)..and a Polynesian T-shirt and Towel.

I did get that FW glass coffee mug that was on Ebay a couple of years back. I wish I had another.