JJBescher Christmas Hopefully Live Christmas Trip Report

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited to read along! You have a beautiful family.I hope you have a GREAT time! Is it warm enough to swim there???  I am very jealous.

Laura

Laura, it iis definitely swimming weather. Hoping to head to the pool shortly after the DW and DD get back from going to the store. They went to go get atuff5 to decorate the Golf Cart with. DD was distraught that everyone else had their GC's decorated.

Are you new around here? Oops, I guess you kinda are.

Ok, ok, busted. Read "3 dogs", saw the BC, assumed.

When you assume you make an ??? of you and me. :clint:

Thanks for all the comments. Until I get on a laptop, it is difficult to respond to all of them.

Yesterday was fun. We started off by going to Trails End and then the DW and DD went and decorations for the Golf Cart.

Yesterday was DHS. We ate lunch at The Hollywood Brown Derby. DW and I got the Cobb Salads. I actually have a picture of that. Afterwards they did Disney Junior and I just hung out. We had to wait on oyr FP for Toy Story, so we went amd saw Santa Goofy? Tow Mayer and Lightning McQueen.

After all of that we rode Toy Story Mania. Then we went into One Mans Dream amd actually stayed for the movie. Thiz allowed us to then go directly to Tower of Terror with just my DD and l riding.

Afterwards we had some issues with the Memory Maker linking to magic band, so we tried to het thay resolved. No luck on getting that fixed.

However, we have ine of the Show in the Glow ears from Disneyland that we bought back in April. They wpuld not hold the charge for the batteries, so we went into Villians and Vogue shop to see what our options are. They ended up giving us a brand new set.

We then split up. I did RNR and they did Voyage of the Little Mermaid. Afterwards we met up and did the Osborne Lights. I felt I was going pass out because of the heat and crowds. Suggestion to everyone, get near thr exit, it is less crowded amd you can actually move.

We came back to the camper and ate. My DD wanted to do a sleigh ride and the sucker that I am gave in. We had Stephanie and Brady, the black Percheron and the tallest of the horses. He is also one of the Headless Horsemen horses.

Today is mainly going to be Animal Kingdom, but that us later. We have had some long days and are letting DD sleep in.

• 2 months later...

Well, I guess it is time to finally do start the trip report.  It just got too busy to keep doing the Live Trip report.

12/20/2013
It was Myself, my DW and my DD4.  We had planning on this trip for over a year.  My DD is not new to Disney World, she is kind of a veteran.  This would be her 10th trip to Disney World.  We are also DVC Members, so we stay at the DVC resorts a lot.  We also traveled with our 3 Dogs.  2 Border Collies and 1 Miniature Australian Shepard.

This would be 2nd trip to the Fort.  The first trip was about 2 ½ years ago when we camped in our Travel Trailer.  We have since upgraded to a 29 Foot Class A Motorhome with 1 Slideout.  We booked a premium site this time because I did not like the shell and stuff all over the place.

We left around 1:00 PM and drove most of the way from NC to I-4 in Florida.  We ended up staying overnight at a rest area of I-4.  We took our time driving down there, switching drivers fairly frequently.

12/21/2013
We woke up very early, around 4:30 – 5:00AM.  We got to the fort around 6:00AM.  I do not have any Welcome to Disney World signs or any of the fort signs.  I know FAIL.  I requested 500 Loop, so we were told out site was not ready.  We were sent to the overflow lot.

DSC_0667_zps8f8475e5.jpg

DSC_0668_zpsd3ef8fc6.jpg

DSC_0669_zps3e862883.jpg

DSC_0670_zpscc067cda.jpg

If you look closely in the last picture you can see the youngest Border Collie.

We decided to make a run to Walmart to go get some food and last minute things.  No park was open and we needed to go eat something.

Saturday 2/21 continued

We left off going to Walmart.  We bought some food and going by the clothes section my DD found a Nightgown.  It happened to be on sale and being the sucker I am bought it.  She ended up wearing that thing a lot.

We finally made it back to the fort.  Since we did not have out Kenny cart yet, still very early, we headed off to bus stop and took the bus to the Settlement.  We hopped on the boat to the Magic Kingdom and we checked out when Santa was going to be open.  We waited for Disney World to get the picture with Santa.  We had to wait a little bit till it opened, but being the second person in line was nice.

wd073wdw201335531050270_6910165743_18_zp

The Cinderella dress you see on her will make an appearance a lot.

While they were getting pictures with Santa, I headed over to the Harmony Barber Shop to get a trim.  Timing worked out perfect because we moved our FP+ for Belle up earlier.  We got done right around the same time.

Here is my DD as Chip

wd011wdw201335531063975_zps779a2b7d.jpeg

During the parade part

DSC_0679_zpsecf39b31.jpg

Here she is with Belle

wd021wdw201335531064024_zps327bacd7.jpeg

It looks like next we used our FP+ on the princesses.  This trip was for her, so yes, we used our FP+ on the princesses and it was WELL Worth it.  The lines were in the 45 – 60 minute waits and we were lucky we did not have to wait.

wd024wdw201335531077501_zps3155f823.jpeg

wd026wdw201335531077503_zps0c2fe505.jpeg

wd031wdw201335531078144_zps37ae0050.jpeg

wd036wdw201335531078149_zps390a64e5.jpeg

Rapunzel
wd040wdw201335531095370_zpsf1aaa388.jpeg

wd041wdw201335531095371_zpsaca1b452.jpeg

wd043wdw201335531095373_zps818d3fd6.jpeg

Dave – Warning

wd046wdw201335531113025_zps94e9ce4c.jpeg

wd050wdw201335531113028_zps6332923a.jpeg

I forgot to mention for this trip we decided to get Memory Maker.  We knew we were going to see a lot of princesses and characters and it ended being about $1.00 a picture when all said and done.  That includes the ride pictures that were included, plus others that you will see later.

Still more from Saturday to come along, we actually ride some rides.

All of those princess photos are great!

A $1 a picture sounds like a great deal to me.

TCD

Thanks, she loves taking them, you will see a lot more later on.

Great pictures.  Your daughter is beautiful!  Looking forward to more of your TR.

Thanks.

Continuing Saturday 21st

We are still at the Magic Kingdom and looks like we are Finally getting to some rides.  For the Saturday before Christmas we were surprised that it was not as busy as we had thought.  This was a very good thing.  We used our FP+ on Belle and the Princesses.

The first ride that DD wanted to do was the Carousel.

DSC_0699_zpseb505b08.jpg

DSC_0700_zps45c76e51.jpg

Well, it looks like that was the only ride we decided to do.  It was getting close to official check-in time so we started to head back to the fort.  As we were sitting waiting for the boat we got the text letting us know that we were in Site 508, the one that I requested.

Picture of the Grand Floridian

DSC_0715_zpsdafcd8de.jpg

Clock from the Train Station

DSC_0716_zps7b66438c.jpg

The Palm Trees

DSC_0718_zpse4142033.jpg

Two Ferry’s, I think they passed each other

DSC_0719_zpse2448fc6.jpg

I Tried to get all the modes of transportation that you can get to the Magic Kingdom

DSC_0723_zpse763493b.jpg

Picture from the Water Bridge

DSC_0725_zpsf4766729.jpg

Can barely see the shipwrecked boat

DSC_0727_zpsacff9a4e.jpg

Can see more from the side

DSC_0728_zpsbc6d0ccc.jpg

That is it from pictures from the ride to the Fort.  We called Kenny to find out where to get our cart from and we start decorating the site and camper.

Great pictures! I especially love Cinderella with Cinderella.

I've had such a good experience with Photopass that I'm considering a similar service for our Royal Caribbean cruise. For me, it's nice to get lots of family pictures. I'm a little picture crazy.

Good job on the MK transportation mode photo.

And the Discovery Island shipwreck photos.  I believe that is a Brazilian Pepper tree that is covering the shipwreck.  That is a non-native invasive species of plant.  How appropriate that this is what will hide the last visible feature of Discovery Island.

TCD

Thanks.  I did not take too many interesting photos.

I'm in still!

Thanks Todd.

Great pictures! I especially love Cinderella with Cinderella.

I've had such a good experience with Photopass that I'm considering a similar service for our Royal Caribbean cruise. For me, it's nice to get lots of family pictures. I'm a little picture crazy.

You will see more pictures of Cinderella with Cinderella.

Memory Maker was very good.  We were able to get all the special photos on it, plus it was available right away, we did not have to wait to receive the CD.

Saturday December 21st - Continued

Looks like I missed some stuff that we did in the Magic Kingdom.  This is why you do not do a trip report over months later than when you went or you better have taken a lot more pictures or wrote things down like the Troll does.  Well, I did neither of those.  We ended up riding the tea cups, DD loves them, then we rode IASW.  While waiting for one of our FP+ with the princesses, we ate Lunch at Friar Nook, next to Pooh.  We got the Chicken Nuggets, Teriyaki Chicken Nuggets and the Hot Dog.  The Teriyaki Chicken Nuggets were very good.

Now back to the fort.  Being it was the Saturday before Christmas we had to decorate the RV and put a Christmas tree outside.  I also had to move ALL of the presents that were scattered around the RV into the outside storage without the DD seeing the presents.  Luckily Kenny called and our cart was at the Marina.  This allowed the DD and DW to go get the cart.  They spent time on the playgrounds and getting “lost” so I could get most of the stuff down.

Here are some of the pictures of the decorations.

Stockings inside RV

DSC_0730_zpsa39fa460.jpg

Mistletoe

DSC_0731_zpsbecf7634.jpg

Looks like that is all I took of our site that day.  I think I have more on the other days.

We did go looping at night - Some of the night pictures are blurry (I took them), the clearer ones - DW took.

Site across the street

DSC_0732_zps514c3c54.jpg

DSC_0734_zps03145903.jpg

Tow Mater towing a Kia

DSC_0735_zps01c082fa.jpg

DSC_0739_zps51329f43.jpg

DSC_0740_zpsa6dc5d23.jpg

DSC_0741_zpsaa02d4b7.jpg

DSC_0743_zpsf0d9faca.jpg

I think most of these were on the 500 Loop with us.  We ended up going to Trails End takeout to get a GAG. 

And to Finally end Day 1 a picture of my DD with my youngest dog Jewel.

DSC_0747_zps77e11e0e.jpg